Recalled/Assigned: Aittokallio recalled

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 55s
COL recalled goaltender Sami Aittokallio from the AHL. In other news, sports writers have begun to spell Aittokallio's name incorrectly.

Varly's injury might be a bit more serious than a tweak.

Edit:
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 2m
#Avs' Semyon Varlamov not at practice today. Everyone else accounted for. No bag skate ... yet

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
In other news, Giguere has been re-assigned to Kazakhstan.

Varly is just faking.

Hopefully Aitto gets a game, but I don't think he is close to being ready. I am assuming they keep Pickard down because they are still trying to make the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
In other news, Giguere has been re-assigned to Kazakhstan.

Varly is just faking.

Hopefully Aitto gets a game, but I don't think he is close to being ready. I am assuming they keep Pickard down because they are still trying to make the playoffs.

My guess as well.

As for the game, I would say he might get the second of the back-to-back if Varly is out for a bit, but I would feel sorry for him having to play behind this defense against the Kings.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Welcome to the show, Sami. Hopefully he doesn't have to play.

Last edited:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
damn, i wanna see him in action but this is a little soon.
i think he will be a beast in the future but he's 1-2 seasons away from really being ready to fully help.

i wonder if he even gets into a game.
like others, i imagine that Pickard wasn't called up due to the playoff run.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
At this point, I dunno if we should give him a game or ride Giggy.

It'd be nice to see what he can do at the NHL leve. But playing behind this Defense would probably just destroy any confidence he has.

landesberg

varlamov4ever
May 29, 2011
London, ON
Why Sami over Calvin? Calvin has been better and has been a call up already this season.

Not saying I'm not excited, but curious.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Why Sami over Calvin? Calvin has been better and has been a call up already this season.

Not saying I'm not excited, but curious.

Lake Erie is still clawing for a playoff spot (which they won't get) and Pickard is their #1. So we took Aittokallio instead.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Good for him. I hope we get to see him play. Rest Varly the rest of the way and let's REALLY tank it up good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After seeing first hand what the Flames are capable of, the Avs decide to up their own tanking game. Shrewd move Sherm the Werm, shrewd move.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
At this point, I dunno if we should give him a game or ride Giggy.

It'd be nice to see what he can do at the NHL leve. But playing behind this Defense would probably just destroy any confidence he has.

Let Giggy get the first few, and then give Aitto a start or two once he's seen first hand how absolutely awful the team is and realizes that the worst thing that could happen is he'll play down to the level of his defense.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Worst case scenario, Giguere goes down with an injury next game forcing Aittokallio to play the remainder of the season and he turns into World Juniors Aittokallio, sending the Avs on a 8 game winning streak to end the season being named team MVP in the process, Avs finish 10th and are dubbed the new Calgary Flames

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You should shorten your sig to just this:

"It’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed to be here right now. It’s not even funny."

I think I have much in right now as it's possible to have. Wouldn't have any less either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad