GDT: Airplanes play hockey against Flames on HNIC at 8pm MT

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
d91.gif
I can stop picking Vladar on the penalty shot as my GWG. But it's just about as unlikely as Lewis scoring a shorty for the GWG.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice win, barely. Powerplay sucks. But the Flames dug in when they need to.

Really Good : Write this down Flames mgmt. Young drafted player Adam Ruzicka was key in tonight's win. Write it down again if you need to(which you probably do). Tanev thank god he's back. Markstrom can't blame him at all for either Jets goal, good to see him stand tall when needed. PK was great.

Good : Quality Rasmus Andersson game. Lewis way to go on the GWG bud, you can stay,. Mangiapane despite not scoring I thought was much much better than he has been. Zadorov quietly solid. Lindy had the hustle, still not a lot going on offensively.

Almost good : Toffoli really solid on the boards, still very slow. Weegar made some good plays, made some bad ones. Ritchie also decent for Ritchie, drew a penalty and threw some hits. Looch was better than usual.

Not good : Kadri I wanted more from, but not terrible. Ditto Hanifin, Backs. Probly Backlund's worst game of the season. Mackey actually wasn't terrible for a change, would still rather have Valimaki there...

Coleman : Coleman

Bad : Dube absolutely invisible. Flames really need to figure out what this player is. Would consider moving him to 4C instead of Rooney. PP without Huberdeau is hard to watch.

Junk : Kevin Rooney. No idea what he's doing here and neither does he. Finally benched in the 3rd and it was well earned.

A startling lack of creativity for the Flames forwards. Such a contrast without Tkachuk and Gaudreau. They won tonight but they had to play their guts out, that's not going to last for a full season.

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Lucic-Lewis-Phillips I think would be a hell of a 4th line. Looch can power his way to the corners and front of the net but never has a playmaker. Lewis would be the defensive conscience. Phillips would bring creativity and youthful enthusiam.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
DeSimone practicing with Zadorov today with Mackey being the 7th dman. I have to assume that Sutter thought the same thing that I did about Mackey's performance last night.

Hanifin-Andersson
Weegar-Tanev
Zadorov-DeSimone
Mackey

Get well soon Michael Stone. Oliver... where are you?

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad