Aho, Rantanen, Draisaitl, Provorov & Parayko OR Point, Barkov, Marner, Ekblad & Ristolainen

Which group do you taking moving forward?

• Total voters

Kappy

Jul 2, 2017
Disregarding contracts, which group of 5 would you take moving forward?

Aho Draisaitl Rantanen
Provorov Parayko
(Ehlers)

OR

Point Barkov Marner
Ekblad Ristolainen
(Nylander)

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Give me group A but slightly. The defensive pairs is the deciding factor. Offense is too close to call.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
If Ekblad and Provorov switched places, would you’ve still chosen A?

Would probably switch my vote to group B if that's the case for the same reasons but it would be an even closer split since I see Parayko as better than RR and Ekblad.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I understand. Personally, Provorov is the best of the group. Had he been paired with Risto on team B, would it have changed your vote?

It would cemented it where it was. I saw it as a wash for Colton or Ek being #1. Provo could be #1, but his youth colours the argument a bit.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Disregarding contracts, which group of 5 would you take moving forward?

Aho Draisaitl Rantanen
Provorov Parayko
(Ehlers)

OR

Point Barkov Marner
Ekblad Ristolainen
(Nylander)
Point is the best one here imo and Barkov is a close 2nd, but Ristolainen is the worst by a lot and Ekblad is arguably the 2nd worst.

Point>Aho
Barkov>>Draisaitl
Marner>>>>>>Rantanen
Ekblad<<<<<<Provorov
Ristolainen<<<<<<<<Parayko
Nylander<=Ehlers

I’ll take first group

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Point is the best one here imo and Barkov is a close 2nd, but Ristolainen is the worst by a lot and Ekblad is arguably the 2nd worst.

Point>Aho
Barkov>>Draisaitl
Marner>>>>>>Rantanen
Ekblad<<<<<<Provorov
Ristolainen<<<<<<<<Parayko
Nylander<=Ehlers

I’ll take first group

Marner is good and all but he really isn't better than Rantanen.

Oh never mind. Checked the user name. Easily dismissed evaluation then.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
You may disagree with me but disregarding analysis due to who is doing it is rather fallacious

Considering you irrationally hate Rantanen who was better than Marner by miles last season and is better than him this season season as well, yeah, it is easy to dismiss your opinion. A ton of greater than signs is hardly an analysis.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Considering you irrationally hate Rantanen who was better than Marner by miles last season and is better than him this season season as well, yeah, it is easy to dismiss your opinion. A ton of greater than signs is hardly an analysis.
Marner has much better 5v5 primary scoring rates even this season and the defensive gap is large. I don’t irrationally hate Rantanen he is just super overrated.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Marner has much better 5v5 primary scoring rates even this season and the defensive gap is large. I don’t irrationally hate Rantanen he is just super overrated.

So 5v5 primary scoring rates...the end all be all... lol. Yeah...no to this one. What a silly hill to die on. I'll take the guy that makes MacKinnon look even better vs the guy that thrives off of Matthews.

Rantanen out produces Marner greatly and the defensive gap is really isn't all that large.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
So 5v5 primary scoring rates...the end all be all... lol. Yeah...no to this one. What a silly hill to die on. I'll take the guy that makes MacKinnon look even better vs the guy that thrives off of Matthews.

Rantanen out produces Marner greatly and the defensive gap is really isn't all that large.
Marner doesn’t even play with Matthews what are you talking about? And looking at scoring rates last year Rantanen’s cuts in half away from Mack while Mack’s only drops about 10%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad