Aho, Rantanen, Draisaitl, Provorov & Parayko OR Point, Barkov, Marner, Ekblad & Ristolainen

Which group do you taking moving forward?

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Point is the best one here imo and Barkov is a close 2nd, but Ristolainen is the worst by a lot and Ekblad is arguably the 2nd worst.

Point>Aho
Barkov>>Draisaitl
Marner>>>>>>Rantanen
Ekblad<<<<<<Provorov
Ristolainen<<<<<<<<Parayko
Nylander<=Ehlers

I’ll take first group

Sorry man as a leafs fan I'd take rantanen over marner.. This is off.

Rants >= Marner
Aho > Point
Draisaitl << Barkov
Ekblad << Provorov
Risto << Parayko
Ehlers =<Nylander

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Marner doesn’t even play with Matthews what are you talking about? And looking at scoring rates last year Rantanen’s cuts in half away from Mack while Mack’s only drops about 10%.

All I hear from you is that you prefer the 60 point winger that isn't as good offensively as Rantanen.

You are right, I forgot that he's playing with Tavares this season.

Rantanen this season has been better than he was last season and he was elite last season.

Such a weird hill to die on. You still don't even back up your claims of how much better defensively Marner is.

By your evaluation, Rantanen is a 3rd liner it seems.

You make claims, you don't provide your sources for numbers. You literally just pull numbers out of thin air and have zero actual analysis. It's comical. Enjoy your pee cereal dude. Sorry Rantanen ruined your cheerios yet again.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Sorry man as a leafs fan I'd take rantanen over marner.. This is off.

Rants >= Marner
Aho > Point
Draisaitl << Barkov
Ekblad << Provorov
Risto << Parayko
Ehlers =<Nylander

Dude does everything he can to hate on Rantanen. Reminds me of the Ovi haters a few years ago that couldn't appreciate him and made up unintelligent narratives about him.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
All I hear from you is that you prefer the 60 point winger that isn't as good offensively as Rantanen.

You are right, I forgot that he's playing with Tavares this season.

Rantanen this season has been better than he was last season and he was elite last season.

Such a weird hill to die on. You still don't even back up your claims of how much better defensively Marner is.

By your evaluation, Rantanen is a 3rd liner it seems.

You make claims, you don't provide your sources for numbers. You literally just pull numbers out of thin air and have zero actual analysis. It's comical. Enjoy your pee cereal dude. Sorry Rantanen ruined your cheerios yet again.
I get my stats from nst and Corsica. Rantanen and Marner had the same 26 5v5 primary points last season despite Rantanen playing with a Hart finalist as opposed to the good not great players Marner was with. Marner also was well over 50% xGF while Rantanen was under 50%. And to start this year while Rantanen has been so hot according to everyone, Marner appears to have finally figured out 5v5 scoring and is so far scoring at the best 5v5 primary points rate in the NHL. And Rantanen away from MacKinnon dropped by about 10% in most possession stats and scoring rate dropped to a bottom 6 level. In my opinion Rantanen is a middle-6 player who is getting boosted a ton by playing with a superstar.

RandomAvsFan

Jun 27, 2016
Denver, Colorado
It's fine you think Marner is better than Rantanen but to say Marner>>>>>>>>>Rantanen is ****ing ridiculous. Not surprising considering the poster.

As for the poll, I went with option A. I like that defense much better.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lol Rantanen is arguably better than Matthews right now and certainly ahead of Marner.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
It's fine you think Marner is better than Rantanen but to say Marner>>>>>>>>>Rantanen is ****ing ridiculous. Not surprising considering the poster.

As for the poll, I went with option A. I like that defense much better.
I wonder how many ''>'' would there be if it was Point vs Rantanen would probably take two lines of ''>''.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Aho Draisaitl Rantanen
Provorov Parayko
(Ehlers)

OR

Point Barkov Marner
Ekblad Ristolainen
(Nylander)

Probably Group A.

Aho > Point
Draisaitl << Barkov
Rantanen > Marner
Provorov >> Ekblad
Parayko >> Ristolainen
Ehlers > Nylander

Pretty easy. Group B only flat out wins one match-up.

RandomAvsFan

Jun 27, 2016
Denver, Colorado

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
So 5v5 primary scoring rates...the end all be all... lol. Yeah...no to this one. What a silly hill to die on. I'll take the guy that makes MacKinnon look even better vs the guy that thrives off of Matthews.

Rantanen out produces Marner greatly and the defensive gap is really isn't all that large.
You have no basis to comment on this based on the bolded. Marner have NEVER seen consistent time with Matthews outside of a shift here or there every blue moon. They’ve also never played on the same PP unit.

Rantanen is better than Marner though, any unbiased hockey fan would tell you that.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
You may disagree with me but disregarding analysis due to who is doing it is rather fallacious

You’re the guy that proclaims Yanni Gourde being >>>>to Marner but then claim Marner is vastly superior to Rantanen?

Your analysis is bad. That’s why people look at the user name and make those comments.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You’re the guy that proclaims Yanni Gourde being >>>>to Marner but then claim Marner is vastly superior to Rantanen?

Your analysis is bad. That’s why people look at the user name and make those comments.
I claimed Gourde is ~ Marner, and since then Marner appears to have gotten better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad