AHL Series Talk – WCQF: (7) Amerks vs. (2) Wolves – Amerks ousted after Game 5 loss

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Amerks defense is looking like the Ron Rolston Buffalo Sabres defense from earlier this season.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
(Does Rochester have an accent that I've never picked up on? Rochhh'ter? Or is it just a radio ad thing?)

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Why is he even playing? Last i knew they sent him to the ECHL

Mckenzie got hurt in the first game, and they never effectively replaced McNabb (particularly with Klesla bolting), so JGL became the defacto No. 7 and first fill-in. Crawford and Mckenzie is a solid bottom pair. JGL and anyone...is not.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 3m

The replay sure seemed to show a very good defensive stick by Mikhail Grigorenko. No slash, no hook on Nathan Longpre. Mistakes happen tho.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
stupid penalty to take, you knew they were calling that and you take the penalty down by 1, absolutely idiotic

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Tweets - Game #5 - Amerks at Wolves - Third Period.

LaxSabre - GAME ON! GO AMERKS!
@AmerksHockey - 3rd Period is underway in Chicago with the #Amerks trailing the Wolves 3-2 in Game #5.

‏@AmerksHockey -Early in the 3rd Period, a fight breaks out between Colton Gillies and Tyler Shattock. Gillies gets an extra 2 mins for roughing.
@RSandersonWHTK - #ChicagoWolves Shattock attacks #Amerks Colton Gillies after Gillies crushes Hakanpaa.
‏@RSandersonWHTK - PP for the Wolves as #Amerks Roy will serve Gillies' 2:00 minor for roughing [3rd 1:24].
‏@kevinoDandC - Colton Gillies hammers Jani Hakanpaa with a huge hit on the end wall. Hakanpaa confronted Gillies and then Tyler Shattock
stepped in. Fight.
‏@kevinoDandC - Gillies gets the extra minor for roughing. Because he was challenged by an opponent?

‏@RSandersonWHTK - Thought we see #Grigopalooza on that rush. Made nice move in neutral zone but shot goes wide - 12 mins left.
‏@AmerksHockey - With under 8 mins to go in the 3rd, the #Amerks will head to PP following a delay of game (puck over glass) call on Chicago.
‏@RSandersonWHTK - #Amerks headed to a crucial PP - down 3-2 in this final game of WCQF. Wannstrom for delay of game [3rd 12:19]
@kevinoDandC - Sebastian Wannstrom with 22 feet of free ice and yet somehow panicked with the puck and flipped it into crowd.
‏@RSandersonWHTK - Wolves kill the PP - "Freeze Frame" playing at the Allstate Arena here in Chicago. #Amerks trail 3-2 with 5:15 left.
‏@AmerksHockey - Great scoring chance on the PP by Ristolainen, but Allen makes the save. Now 5:15 remaining in the 3rd Period.

Rochester Americans ‏@AmerksHockey - Makarov goes to the bench for an extra attacker.
‏@RSandersonWHTK - #Amerks G Andrey Makarov making his way to the bench with 1:38 remaining in regulation.
‏@kevinoDandC - Terrific save by Jake Allen moments ago. Jumped across crease, got left pad to post and stopped Mikhail Grigorenko wrap-around.

‏@AmerksHockey - And with just 1:01 remaining in the 3rd Period, Chicago scores an empty net goal to take a 4-2 lead.
‏@RSandersonWHTK - Taylor Chorney scores an ENG for the #ChicagoWolves. #Amerks trail 4-2 with 61 secs remaining.
‏@kevinoDandC - Taylor Chorney blocks a Chad Ruhwedel pass, fights through the stick check of Varone, and hits the bulls-eye on the ENG.

@AmerksHockey - The Chicago Wolves win Game #5 by a score of 4-2 as the #Amerks are eliminated from the Calder Cup Playoffs.
@RSandersonWHTK - It's over. #Amerks season comes to a close with a 4-2 loss in Game #5 at Chicago.
‏@kevinoDandC - Game Over. 4-2 Wolves over the #Amerks. 2 late second-period PPGs in a span of 2:05 were the difference.
‏@RSandersonWHTK - Final Score - Chicago 4 Rochester 2. Chicago wins series 3-2.
Join me for a final #Amerks Postgame of the season - on @WHAM1180 til 7:30 pm ET. Call (585) 222-1180.

LaxSabre - Damn! Amerks lose 4-2 - Wolves win series 3-2. Well at least this playoff series ended with a couple of Amerk wins compared to the last two seasons. I'm excited for this team for next season - look forward to what in store for the Amerks. Hopefully I'll be able to attend some of the games.

Was nice re-posting these tweets for you this season. Thanks to the @AmerksHockey, @RSandersonWHTK and @kevinoDandC for tweeting this season especially alot during games. Well thats it for me re-posting tweets at least with the Amerks - I may do some of the United States games during the upcoming World Championships that start later this week. (Look for those in the World Championships thread.) I'll still update the AHL Playoffs - so look for those in the Amerks thread - thats if it still is open for posts. Well I'll gotta go - seeya all next time - GO AMERKS!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad