GDT: AHL Playoffs - Game 3: Amerks vs. Marlies (4/24 7:00 PM, MSG)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I would prefer that. My primary goal for developmental teams is to play well, not ride high on variance.
I have no idea what your point is. They are down 2-0 in a 5 game series. They are currently losing after 2 periods in a game that could eliminate them. But you don’t want line adjustments because of math and development philosophy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is the let down in play after cresting for so long without result. Hearing Duff and Don talk about them not playing the same way... at some point it was going to stop.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
And let me tell you the 1st period of the 1st game was some of the most exciting hockey I've seen in a long time. Hasn't been seen since.

Reactions: Chainshot

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I’m not convinced the toe drag won’t occasionally work in the NHL, but it can’t be the only move in his arsenal.

Reactions: joshjull

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I have no idea what your point is. They are down 2-0 in a 5 game series. They are currently losing after 2 periods in a game that could eliminate them. But you don’t want line adjustments because of math and development philosophy.

Don’t worry about it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It would be ironic if the puck starts going in for them even though they aren't tipping the ice so hard in their own favor.

Not sure about any of you, but I don't want this to be the end of the season. .
I don’t want it to end but the hockey gods are still angry at the blasphemy of trying to create a new heaven and naming it hockey heaven. So they will smite our hopes.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It would be ironic if the puck starts going in for them even though they aren't tipping the ice so hard in their own favor.
It becomes more difficult for a goalie to maintain concentration as the threat level decreases. We're going to lull him to sleep and then
upload_2019-4-24_20-58-12.jpeg

This is a corollary to the rope-a-dope strategy employed extensively by the big club.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
CJ is playing with Asplund and Olofsson now. Or maybe just for that shift? Not sure.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I’m truly trying understand your pov on this. Not trying to be a jerk.

The entire goal of offense is generating quality scoring chances. If a chance turns into a goal or not is basically luck.

A line which is hitting a ton of posts is succeeding at what they’re supposed to do. They need to do more of it, not broken up because a coach like Housley doesn’t understand math.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
The Olofsson-Asplund-O'Regan line combined for 0 shots in this game so far. How can a line be so dominant in the regular season be so nonexistent in the post-season.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad