2015-16 Albany Devils AHL 12 3 4 7 19 +4

2015-16 Albany Devils AHL 14 4 3 7 19 +5

2015-16 Albany Devils AHL 16 5 2 7 6 +5

Lappin, Coleman, not sure the last guy.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
What are the Devil's expectations for Zacha should he make the team? I've always been a big fan of his and seeing him play against my Marlies has made me like him even more.

If he makes the team, my expectations for Zacha are to simply not looks like he's in over his head. He'll be 19 all season, so it will be a learning year more than anything. Any production is gravy.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lappin, Coleman, not sure the last guy.

Ben Johnson. Who I really want to keep an eye on. If this kid gets past his troubles and plays a full season in Albany next year that will be interesting. He maybe the fastest skater in the organization.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
What are the Devil's expectations for Zacha should he make the team? I've always been a big fan of his and seeing him play against my Marlies has made me like him even more.

I am not sure what more he has left to prove playing against high school kids, and IIRC he cannot play a full season in the AHL yet so I would imagine he will be in New Jersey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who is this Lappin guy?

I feel like some people are getting ahead of themselves with this guy. I see him on the third line on some posters lineups for next season in other threads. I hope he's the real deal but I would be shocked if he doesn't play a year in the ahl.

Everyone basically said it but he was one of the more sought after college free agents this year. Apparently a bunch of teams were in on him including us.

Played at Brown and had over a PPG season there. Was solid in his 12 games with Albany and is currently having a whale of a series against Toronto.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...mong-college-free-agents-to-watch-for-the-nhl

Nick Lappin, RW, Brown: Lappin appears to be the first player that will be signed this year. Brown's season is over and he has already received eight to 10 NHL offers according to Mark Divver of the Providence Journal and is in the process of narrowing down his list. Lappin is 23 and topped the 100-point plateau for his career at Brown. He had a career year as a senior, posting 17 goals and 33 points this season. He also had a strong career in junior, posting 46 points in his final year in the USHL. He's one of those guys where it's tough to know exactly what he'll be until get gets some pro reps, but there's a good reason so many teams want to find out. Update: The New Jersey Devils announced Tuesday night that they have signed Lappin to an entry-level contract.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There you go. Some proof that he was touted.

No judgement on where he will land career wise, but he is a very interesting new prospect for our team.

Definitely a great signing by Shero.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
He seems faster and a better skater than Clarkson though. Better hockey sense too.

Perhaps, but Clarkson was surprisingly good skating in the offensive zone. He had this ability to roll off checks in the corner, skate up to the circle while protecting the puck and then turn quickly to face the net. I saw Lappin do that a bunch last night.

Not a perfect stylistic comparison, but I think their offensive zone game is similar. Maybe less wraparounds on Lappin's part. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Perhaps, but Clarkson was surprisingly good skating in the offensive zone. He had this ability to roll off checks in the corner, skate up to the circle while protecting the puck and then turn quickly to face the net. I saw Lappin do that a bunch last night.

Not a perfect stylistic comparison, but I think their offensive zone game is similar. Maybe less wraparounds on Lappin's part. :laugh:

Less falling down too. That role is apparently Blender's.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Really? I somewhat enjoyed him and usually don't care one way or the other

He millions of times better than Steve. I think he over does it a bit, but purposely because that's what all minor league announcers do.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He millions of times better than Steve. I think he over does it a bit, but purposely because that's what all minor league announcers do.

Thing is on radio you HAVE to be a little more over the top to keep people's attention. TV guys can be a little more reserved cause you have the action right in front of you. You can't really compare a radio guy to a TV guy. I do like the Albany guy a lot better than Matty on the radio though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thing is on radio you HAVE to be a little more over the top to keep people's attention. TV guys can be a little more reserved cause you have the action right in front of you. You can't really compare a radio guy to a TV guy. I do like the Albany guy a lot better than Matty on the radio though.

cant recall whose interview it was (i guess it could be whomever) but the idea behind the talk was in regards to calling a game for television vs radio……

on radio you have to describe the actual plays with more visual lyricism to get people to 'see' the game as opposed to TV where rants and banters can meander sometimes.

of which chico was great for television ;)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Matt would be better on TV imo...on the radio he's not descriptive enough and his radio voice fades into the background.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Matt would be better on TV imo...on the radio he's not descriptive enough and his radio voice fades into the background.

I'd love to see Matt & Sherry do some TV broadcasts together. I think they're a great duo. Informative without taking you out of the game too much.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Holy macaroni, I just watched high lights and checked box score.

Game tying and game winning OT goals. 11 sog's?

Dude has 20 sog's in the last 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad