GDT: AHL Playoffs - Albany Devils vs. Toronto Marlies: Game Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Great win. Not a big crowd but the people that were there were loud.

Lappin reminds me a bit of Clarkson. He is good along the boards and has Clarkson's knack for being able to turn quickly with the puck. Both with good hands Aron d the net too. Lappin not as physical though

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
anyone know why mcpherson played over scarlett today ? i was surprised to see him in...i missed the game anyone go and udpate on mcphersons game ?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Great win. Not a big crowd but the people that were there were loud.

Lappin reminds me a bit of Clarkson. He is good along the boards and has Clarkson's knack for being able to turn quickly with the puck. Both with good hands Aron d the net too. Lappin not as physical though

He seems faster and a better skater than Clarkson though. Better hockey sense too.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I love how Albany picked up the pace in overtime. Severson was an absolute BEAST. Blandisi stepped up as well in OT. Boucher was a bit more quiet this game but still think he was pretty solid. He could have got a secondary assist for the first Lappin goal, but wasn't awarded it.

Lappin has been a diamond for us.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Could just catch the OT. Wow. What an exciting period of hockey. "Confident" Severson sure is a completely different player. The kid is a beast when he's on.

Blandisi made some great plays, too.

I LOVE the Albany's announcer.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Big win in a high pressure contest.

Good to see secondary scorers like Lappin stepping up.

Get guys like Thompson, Sislo and Bouch going and they will be a tough squad to defend.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Who is this Lappin guy?

I feel like some people are getting ahead of themselves with this guy. I see him on the third line on some posters lineups for next season in other threads. I hope he's the real deal but I would be shocked if he doesn't play a year in the ahl.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Who is this Lappin guy?

I feel like some people are getting ahead of themselves with this guy. I see him on the third line on some posters lineups for next season in other threads. I hope he's the real deal but I would be shocked if he doesn't play a year in the ahl.

If I'm remembering correctly he was a pretty highly touted college free agent this year. I think I read a list and he was #3 at the time. I think he'll be in the AHL too next season but I think those penciling him into the lineup are just taking into account our poor RW depth. Obviously it's early in the off-season and that can change a lot, but at the moment with what we know he may be able to force his way on.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know that Lappin will make the NHL (of course), but I think he'll make a pretty big push. A lot depends on what else Shero does to shore up RW depth in the offseason.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Were did Lappin come from? I don't believe we drafted him and the first time I heard his name is during the AHL playoffs.

He finished the AHL regular season with very strong production and about a 3 sog per game average. And though hasn't produced a ton in the playoffs, continues to put shots on net, I think he had 9 in the previous game.

Who is this Lappin guy?

I do see him as a legit 3 rw option for next season. Part of that is RW depth as noted, but part of that is he will be 24. He's not a 20 yr old out of juniors. If he is ever to be an NHL player it might as well be to start next season. And remember at that point, he will have played 30 ish AHL games, with maybe half of those being playoff games, pretty darn productive during that stretch. He will not be a standard AHL rookie.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And I take it back, Lappin has produced in the playoffs, 3 goals and an assist in 7 games.

This after 3 g's 4 a's in 12 regular season games.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
What are the Devil's expectations for Zacha should he make the team? I've always been a big fan of his and seeing him play against my Marlies has made me like him even more.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
What are the Devil's expectations for Zacha should he make the team? I've always been a big fan of his and seeing him play against my Marlies has made me like him even more.

hes not a write-in, but didnt look out of place at end of our season

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

My thought is #3 C. Elias Zacha Lappin is my 3rd line for next season. Top 6 LW is an option as well.

And being that he is either NHL or back to juniors, the thought is he is likely in the NHL next year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And I take it back, Lappin has produced in the playoffs, 3 goals and an assist in 7 games.

This after 3 g's 4 a's in 12 regular season games.

Do you know who is who?

GP G A Pts PIM +/-
2015-16 Albany Devils AHL 12 3 4 7 19 +4

2015-16 Albany Devils AHL 14 4 3 7 19 +5

2015-16 Albany Devils AHL 16 5 2 7 6 +5

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Personally, I think Zacha should be on the Devils next year. I'm not sure what numbers I would expect from him if he was, but I am optimistic about him. I really liked what I saw from him in his only NHL game. He just looked ready for the NHL in my opinion, and Elias was raving about him, which was really encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad