GDT: AHL Playoffs - Albany Devils vs. Toronto Marlies: Game Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

snizzbone*

Tell us more about how the blindside hit on Zacha was just a "full body collision".

It was.. He made contact with his entire body. Can u find a higher quality video of said hit? You literally can't even tell if there is head contact in the only video i can find. Same style of hit as dion phaneuf. Goes through the middle of the player.

The Kelly hit is a chicken wing to the head. The only contact made is elbow to head. Kevinchoi, a shoulder? Are you 90?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Lmao you guys are stuck in the Scott Stevens era Jesus Christ. Sickening what I just read from a couple of you. A shoulder?! Lmao.

and some of you leaf fans think that the Devils organization is garbage because of that. Funny thing is the guy who brought and kept Dan Kelly on the Devils is the GM of your team.

Not defending the hit at all it was terrible but calm down a bit

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It was.. He made contact with his entire body. Can u find a higher quality video of said hit? You literally can't even tell if there is head contact in the only video i can find. Same style of hit as dion phaneuf. Goes through the middle of the player.

"It was"...followed by "you literally can't tell". Classic.

It was a blindside hit on Zacha, up high. If you can't see that, then mozy on out. Kelly's hit was bad, but for someone who supposedly has such a visceral reaction to concussions, you seem pretty flippant about the hit that didn't injure a Leaf. Toronto typical.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
You guys do have every right to defend your player but you know full well that in today's NHL headhunting is forbidden and suspendable just as it should be in the AHL.

Whether the elbow or shoulder is what connected with Johnson's head, Kelly brought the elbow up so the intent was there.

snizzbone*

and some of you leaf fans think that the Devils organization is garbage because of that. Funny thing is the guy who brought and kept Dan Kelly on the Devils is the GM of your team.

Not defending the hit at all it was terrible but calm down a bit

Cool I don't think your org is garbage because of a player playing by the rules at the time.

I'm very calm. When I see people making ridiculous statements I reply. No room in the world of hockey for opinions like the ones expressed by a few posters here.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
You guys do have every right to defend your player but you know full well that in today's NHL headhunting is forbidden and suspendable just as it should be in the AHL.

Whether the elbow or shoulder is what connected with Johnson's head, Kelly brought the elbow up so the intent was there.

It was a dirty hit. Happy? Congrats on Game 4.

snizzbone*

"It was"...followed by "you literally can't tell". Classic.

It was a blindside hit on Zacha, up high. If you can't see that, then mozy on out. Kelly's hit was bad, but for someone who supposedly has such a visceral reaction to concussions, you seem pretty flippant about the hit that didn't injure a Leaf. Toronto typical.

You can see full body from a ****** video. You can't see principle point of contact. Which is what I am saying. I'll go break down that vine and post my findings. Prob elsewhere though as I expect to be banned from your section.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Cool I don't think your org is garbage because of a player playing by the rules at the time.

I'm very calm. When I see people making ridiculous statements I reply. No room in the world of hockey for opinions like the ones expressed by a few posters here.

Hmmm? This new phenomenon of children today not tolerating opinions frightens me more than elbows.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal

I hope not, you had Tie Domi on your team.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I thought the hit was dirty and an easy suspension, but LOL at Leafs fans.

A fanbase that needs three hall of famers, a blank checkbook and a half decade worth of top 10 picks to even have a shot.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
You can see full body from a ****** video. You can't see principle point of contact. Which is what I am saying. I'll go break down that vine and post my findings. Prob elsewhere though as I expect to be banned from your section.

I hope you don't get banned. Your insight has been more than welcome and is actually an eye-opener on how the hockey Mecca of the world is full of whining self-entitled fans.

snizzbone*

Hmmm? This new phenomenon of children today not tolerating opinions frightens me more than elbows.

If your opinion is that going out of your way to hit someones head, then yeah said person should be shut up. You're causing the change in hockey society to not fully evolve.

I see the point you're trying to make though.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
If your opinion is that going out of your way to hit someones head, then yeah said person should be shut up. You're causing the change in hockey society to not fully evolve.

I see the point you're trying to make though.

Nope, problem is you are calling out Kelly hit (which I agree is dirty), but defending another vicious hit.

snizzbone*

Nope, problem is you are calling out Kelly hit (which I agree is dirty), but defending another vicious hit.

Once again, if its a headshot I'll agree its dirty. But there hasnt been a video shown to me that says it was. The video I see is a full body hit. Which is technically legal even if you get the head or blindside.

The Kessel hit under 'legal hits' is basically what happened to Zacha.

Read Rule 48 in the rulebook - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2014-2015-rulebook.pdf

Hine82

May 28, 2011
Winnipeg
Severson is the highest scoring Dman in the AHL playoffs...5th overall in scoring - 1st in scoring for the Devils. Tied for the team lead in +/-

Not bad.

And the funny thing...He is one of the youngest starters on the team. Blandisi is 1 month younger.

Might want to double check that. Connor Carrick is leading all players in the AHL in playoff points with 12 in 7 games as a dman and is a +8. About the same age as Severson.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Even their compliments are pretentious...

Yeah, the Devils are the only team to have led in the series and are the ones keeping it close. God, I hope they win the series but it will be tough without O'Brien and Zacha. Wedgewood will have to steal a game or two.

I wouldn't look too deep into who held the Series lead with it being ensured to go back to Toronto.

Last season the Marlies were ousted by the Griffons in the first round being up 2-0 in a five game series, winning both games in Toronto, then went on to lose 3 straight on the road, costing them the series.

Last night the Devils woke the sleeping giant and make no mistake. They are a giant with the 3rd best regular season record in the entire histroy of the AHL.

Good luck with the rest of the series though. A close series makes things more entertaining.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
In today's NHL/AHL, Kelly's hit is frowned upon and will cost him.

But, Toronto got away with not one but two dirty plays that have knocked Devils players out of the series.

It's hockey, with the fast pace & speed of the game questionable hits are gonna happen.

Puck carriers better keep their heads up or they may get blindsided.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I wouldn't look too deep into who held the Series lead with it being ensured to go back to Toronto.

Last season the Marlies were ousted by the Griffons in the first round being up 2-0 in a five game series, winning both games in Toronto, then went on to lose 3 straight on the road, costing them the series.

Last night the Devils woke the sleeping giant and make no mistake. They are a giant with the 3rd best regular season record in the entire histroy of the AHL.

Good luck with the rest of the series though. A close series makes things more entertaining.

Oh I'm well aware how good the Marlies are. The Devils are underdogs and rightfully so. I was commenting on the one post that the Devils are keeping the series close which came off as sounding like they should be kissing the Marlies feet for allowing them to be in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad