GDT: AHL Playoffs - Albany Devils vs. Toronto Marlies: Game Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They want a lot more than one game lol

We might have to start calling back some of the players we sent home at this rate :P

Which ones did they exactly send home? I'm thinking Burlon and a few others, who are probably on their way out of organization.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Which ones did they exactly send home? I'm thinking Burlon and a few others, who are probably on their way out of organization.

I was being flip, referring to all the guys they released from ATO's like Jacobs and Speers cause there was no room for them but now that we have two key guys hurt and someone else is getting suspended all of a sudden the taxi squad is thinning out.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
They want a lot more than one game lol

We might have to start calling back some of the players we sent home at this rate :P

classic toronto whinning...i guess they missed the zacha high hit...only difference between that hit and tonights hit is zach is 6-1 and jonhson 5-9 otherwise same time hit shoulder makes initital contact...last i checked coaches dont decide the length of suspensions 1 is automatic well see what the league does after that but kellys been the most physical player against toronto keefe seems a bit scared to have him back

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was being flip, referring to all the guys they released from ATO's like Jacobs and Speers cause there was no room for them but now that we have two key guys hurt and someone else is getting suspended all of a sudden the taxi squad is thinning out.

I never realized they sent those guys home. They could always call up Santini and Wood from worlds!:sarcasm:

Or were they not eligible to play or something? I forgot. Maybe it goes against a full year on their ELC or something? I don't know much about those kinds of rules.

snizzbone*

It's okay. Zacha isn't a Maple Leaf prospect. I'd like to see their reaction if it was Nylander instead of Zacha.

We already experienced that when Nylander got blindsided to the head at the world juniors..

Are you guys serious about that hit not being that bad? It was a direct elbow to the head. It was out before he even tried to hit him. Just absolutely brutal. Be in for a shock when Kelly gets 10+ games.

Sorry for going off in your section but I hate headshots and that was just textbook 1970s goon style headshot. Ruins careers.

The Zacha one I've only seen one very crappy vine. Sucks he got hit but to me it looked like a full body collision not a hit where the only contact is elbow to head. If the Zacha hit was primary contact with the head then yeah it was bad. But you're allowed to make head contact if you are going through the body. You can also get concussions without having your head directly hit. A hard shot to the chest that causes the brain to bounce around is the same thing.

Two bad hits by you guys one on you guys. All three out with concussions.

Hope all this ******** head stuff isn't around next game so there can be an actual hockey game take place.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
We already experienced that when Nylander got blindsided to the head at the world juniors..

Are you guys serious about that hit not being that bad? It was a direct elbow to the head. It was out before he even tried to hit him. Just absolutely brutal. Be in for a shock when Kelly gets 10+ games.

Sorry for going off in your section but I hate headshots and that was just textbook 1970s goon style headshot. Ruins careers.

The Zacha one I've only seen one very crappy vine. Sucks he got hit but to me it looked like a full body collision not a hit where the only contact is elbow to head. If the Zacha hit was primary contact with the head then yeah it was bad. But you're allowed to make head contact if you are going through the body. You can also get concussions without having your head directly hit. A hard shot to the chest that causes the brain to bounce around is the same thing.

Two bad hits by you guys one on you guys. All three out with concussions.

Hope all this ******** head stuff isn't around next game so there can be an actual hockey game take place.

the elbow does not make any contact... its shoulder...tell your swedes welcome to north american hockey and keep their heads up...kellys 3 inches taller and make initial contact with the puck then follows through with a massive shoulder hit...not elbow...i can see why people think an elbow but if you slow it down its all shouler.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
the elbow does not make any contact... its shoulder...tell your swedes welcome to north american hockey and keep their heads up...kellys 3 inches taller and make initial contact with the puck then follows through with a massive shoulder hit...not elbow...i can see why people think an elbow but if you slow it down its all shouler.

From 2 not so crystal clear productions, that hit and the Zacha hit look exactly alike. Late and high with the shoulder.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
From 2 not so crystal clear productions, that hit and the Zacha hit look exactly alike. Late and high with the shoulder.

not late, johnson had the puck, our d man takes the puck then follows through with shoulder on a smaller guy, no intend to injur just making a hit...when did people get so soft ...do we want no hitting in the league at all?!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Severson is the highest scoring Dman in the AHL playoffs...5th overall in scoring - 1st in scoring for the Devils. Tied for the team lead in +/-

Not bad.

And the funny thing...He is one of the youngest starters on the team. Blandisi is 1 month younger.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Albany could have taken a 3-0 lead off the bat.
Blandisi and Black missed on prime scoring opportunities.

Could have easily been a different game if they cashed in and did not spend the entire night shorthanded.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not so much concerned about the wins/losses. I'm most happy to see the guys we need to be good leading the team.

Pietila, Lappin and Boucher all have the same amount of goals which is tied for the team lead.

Zacha 3 points in 5 games.

All good stuff happening here.

Add Qunneville's WHL playoffs and this has been an excellent spring for our young players...September can't get here soon enough!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
not late, johnson had the puck, our d man takes the puck then follows through with shoulder on a smaller guy, no intend to injur just making a hit...when did people get so soft ...do we want no hitting in the league at all?!

I'm just going off photo's, but the puck is not on Johnson's stick even b4 the hit.

I want hitting, but these brutal open ice hits that ruin players careers? League is better off without them.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Severson is the highest scoring Dman in the AHL playoffs...5th overall in scoring - 1st in scoring for the Devils. Tied for the team lead in +/-

Not bad.

And the funny thing...He is one of the youngest starters on the team. Blandisi is 1 month younger.
I heard they were all secondary.:sarcasm:
Not so much concerned about the wins/losses. I'm most happy to see the guys we need to be good leading the team.

Pietila, Lappin and Boucher all have the same amount of goals which is tied for the team lead.

Zacha 3 points in 5 games.

All good stuff happening here.

Add Qunneville's WHL playoffs and this has been an excellent spring for our young players...September can't get here soon enough!

You do want to see guys produce, but when we say these guys are "leading" the team, I want to see them lead the team to wins.

And in that sense they are succeeding as much as they are on the score sheet.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I heard they were all secondary.:sarcasm:

You do want to see guys produce, but when we say these guys are "leading" the team, I want to see them lead the team to wins.

And in that sense they are succeeding as much as they are on the score sheet.

They won a round and are going toe to toe with the best team in their conference and our prospects are really leading the way... so I am very encouraged.

On Nylander...Looks like he has an awareness problem.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'm just going off photo's, but the puck is not on Johnson's stick even b4 the hit.

I want hitting, but these brutal open ice hits that ruin players careers? League is better off without them.

It was a unquestionably a legal hit in terms of interference. Kelly got the elbow up though, and it will cost him. I expect at least 3 games.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

There's no defending that hit look at how is arm is. If that happened to a devil we'd all be pissed as well.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark

are you being serious that he did have the puck before ??? ? johnson takes the pass keeps his head down stick handels once, kelly knocks the puck off with his stick follows thorugh with a shoulder which gets him high.

https://streamable.com/ghju?t=5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad