Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Cleveland Monsters (No Quit: Laval Wins 5-2)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Kotkaniemi with yet another penalty.
Kotkaniemi to the box for interference.

source.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Monsters goalie with a nice save on Alain, who made a nice play at center ice to strip the puck away and go on a partial breakaway.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not sure why but he seems to be a fairly important part to the team since he came here.

I have to say, the guys on AHL contracts have been good additions.

4-0, or just a weird highlight that already had the 3rd goal up ?

No it's 3-0. Ths GIF that Malta Tweeted was from a replay shown. So the ticker already had the 3-0 up. But they do screw up sometimes so you can't fully trust them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
hell of an effort from this team, it's far from over but got to give them and coach Bouchard credit for battling despite all the missing players.

This is why I never bought into when some fans would give the excuse for Lefebvre saying he had nothing to work with. It was bullshit as even ECHLers should look like they know how to play structured hockey and not be a total tire fire in their own end over a season.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
hell of an effort from this team, it's far from over but got to give them and coach Bouchard credit for battling despite all the missing players.

This is why I never bought into when some fans would give the excuse for Lefebvre saying he had nothing to work with. It was bullshit as even ECHLers should look like they know how to play structured hockey and not be a total tire fire in their own end over a season.
is it just me or the overall effort seem better since Peca, Barber and Varone went away?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
also i know it's a shit stat and all but Brook sporting a +3 so far. The reason why I bring it up, in his first 19 games -7 in the next 40 games he's at E (though the +3 makes it look a lot better) the point is he's just been much better since a really poor start to his pro career.

Look, Brook was our best hope last year for a top end D, and this year it all came crashing down. New league and all, but he was just real bad. So this uptrend, I take it gladly.

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that was a smart play by Fix-Wolansky there, he knocked down the clearing attempt with a high stick and then skated slowly to the puck and the Laval player, I think it was Jevpalovs went over and got the puck so Fix-Wolasnky just checked him into the boards. He's likely been their best player, seems like a solid late round pick.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
is it just me or the overall effort seem better since Peca, Barber and Varone went away?

very noticeable.

Look, Brook was our best hope last year for a top end D, and this year it all came crashing down. New league and all, but he was just real bad. So this uptrend, I take it gladly.

he needs the points to start coming but it has been a nice improvement. Last year Fleury had his struggles when he started and by the end of the season you could see a good bit of improvement. Now he showed more offensively then Brook has but Brook is showing more improvement in his defensive game though it was worse then Fleury's to start but it's been a big improvement. Now we need him to take a big step in the off-season and next year.

Anyone know why Fleury is not playing?

it was a last minute change so he could be sick since we know Dauphin was so others might be. Or he injured something but it was just minutes before the game so it had to be after warmups or right before it.

Reactions: dralaf and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad