Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 2 Providence Bruins: Poehling Settles the Score with the Game Winner

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Bouchard's Press Conference Comments:

Marcotte asks specifically about Poehling and Primeau.

- A lot of people look at the individuals, but as a coach, I have to look at it globally.
- Ryan played a good game tonight. He did a lot of great things. But there are still things to work on.
- In Primeau's case. He was solid. Calm. He was unlucky for both goals against.
- Both of them are rookies and we will continue to work with them.
- In Ryan's case, he had a great attitude this morning. And I told him as much after practice.
- And Cayden continues to progress.
- For the rest of the team, I am happy with the way they competed.
- For the first two periods, I felt we were the better team. But in the third it's 2-2 and we learned from last game.

Marcotte asks that last game they gave up a 4-goal lead and tonight, a 2-goal lead. But tonight didn't feel like things were getting away from them.

- Bouchard agrees. Tonight, they weren't getting too many scoring chances against. The first goal was a deflection and the second goal, someone could have blown it in.
- At the start of the season, the games aren't perfect. A game like this in February, I will be more critical of certain aspects of the game. But from where we were two weeks ago, we'll take it. And tomorrow, another team comes to town.

Marcotte asks that Primeau made big saves in the end, but it was a collective effort when Providence had the extra attacker to get the win (mention Alzner's hit)

- Bouchard says one of his favorite lines: there is no University of Hockey. We learned from last game's 5v6 and we were much better tonight.
- In such situations, things will happen and you might get scored on. But when everyone is on the same page on the ice, you limit what the opposition can do. You remove a lot of their option, something we didn't do last game. He credits Alzner, who he says had a good game, but in particular in the end.
- He says that he really appreciated the guys' effort, their attitude, and their commitment to get that win.

Marcotte asks that with another game tomorrow, the last of a 5-games-in-8-nights series, will he make changes to the line-up?

- Bouchard says they brought in some guys at the start of the week and made a few changes along the way. But he will probably go with the same line-up.
- He said he tries not to keep guys out of the line-up for too long. He liked Alain tonight. He liked Lynch last week in Rockford.
- He said we try to be realistic with our expectations with the players. And they are aware that we want to try and play everyone.
- Right now, we'll finish with this 5-in-8. We've progressed throughout this series of games. After that, we'll take a step back, rest, and decide what we do next.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
That sounds not good this obvious lack of attentiveness. Apart from that, as individually having different names of goalscorer on the score sheet is an encouraging improvement .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad