Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 2 Providence Bruins: Poehling Settles the Score with the Game Winner

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Nice win! That last 2 seconds with Providence winning the faceoff in Laval's end was scary. Even though Primeau had a good game and would likely have made the save good thing Alzner batted it away and not giving it a chance to get close.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looking like our old unreliable friend, "Charlie" Murphy is up to his old tricks again.

He reports that McCarron's hit on Gaunce was "dirty and premeditated" relying on "someone", his usual unnamed source.

And then he makes it personal with a totally out of line comment that McCarron is overrated.

Overrated by who, exactly? He just passed through waivers unclaimed. Jeez.

Anthony Marcotte should interview "someone" from the Rocket and get the facts. Adam, would be great if you or any other twitter user could slip Murphy's tweet to Marcotte and ask him if he'd look into it further.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looking like our old unreliable friend, "Charlie" Murphy is up to his old tricks again.

He reports that McCarron's hit on Gaunce was "dirty and premeditated" relying on "someone", his usual unnamed source.

And then he makes it personal with a totally out of line comment that McCarron is overrated.

Overrated by who, exactly? He just passed through waivers unclaimed. Jeez.

:laugh:

Must be upset the Bruins lost again.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
fun game and a big win for Laval and Primeau. I thought it was the best game of the season so far for Brook, Poehling and Primeau which is great to see. I know it's only been 3 games for each starter but this is why I wanted Primeau to be the starter from the get go, the dude is the real deal and one of the top goalie prospects in the world. It's also why I wouldn't draft a goalie in the 1st round in '20 but by then I think opinions will be much higher on Primeau.

The Poehling goal the goalie should of had it but overall he just seemed to be playing more of his game which I didn't think he was in the 1st few games but I had wondered if he wasn't having an lingering issues from the concussion or just that he didn't play much in the preseason due to the concussion. Either way he's certainly been looking better each game. Now we just need Barber and Hudon to start to bury some goals consistently.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's the goal in slo-mo:

kt4hwQi.gif

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
considering how many chances Laval had to score but didn't, I'm sure their goalie would like that one back as you just can't let a guy beat you from that far out with nobody screening you. But I'll take it as I was yelling at the tv when they could have scored several times that it looked like they were and I thought what is this teams problem with getting past the 2 goal mark as it happened so many times last year where they would score 2 and have so many chances and nothing. At least then they didn't have the guys where you expected them to score on those chances, now they are stacked and while they did score 7 in the last 2, they MUST find a way to have their top guys scoring.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I believe that's the first slapper I've ever seen Ryan Poehling take. Wondering if the goalie misread it from his defenders stick coming in or was genuinely caught unprepared as that wouldn't be in the scouting report on Poehling.

Nice placement.

Slapshots off the rush are a dying breed these days for the game in general.

I'd be surprised to see it too, poehling or anyone else.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->