Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval 2 - 3 Rochester: Impressive Effort in a Loss to One of the Best Teams

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
People like his updates. You don't need to click on the thread if you don't care.
I'm one who likes the updates. I've got the streaming on but may get called away to answer a call etc. so do a quick read of the updates to see if I need to rewind. If I haven't put it on hold.:)

Reactions: dinodebino

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
how can you not be impressed with hos Laval is playing despite missing 6 top 6 forwards, their top scoring D and their best goalie all while facing not only a top 4 team in the whole AHL but one of the hottest teams in the league as well.

I've liked how Brook is moving the puck especially on the PP. Pezzetta's had a solid game. If Verbeek ever figures out how to convert on his chances more we could have another Byron on our hands down the road. Damn is he fast.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Finally got back home with 5 minutes left in the game. Listening to the game on the radio, Laval's playing a hell of a third period. If it wasn't for their goalie saving their asses, Rochester would be losing right now.

@Treb, are you at the game?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
how can you not be impressed with hos Laval is playing despite missing 6 top 6 forwards, their top scoring D and their best goalie all while facing not only a top 4 team in the whole AHL but one of the hottest teams in the league as well.

I've liked how Brook is moving the puck especially on the PP. Pezzetta's had a solid game. If Verbeek ever figures out how to convert on his chances more we could have another Byron on our hands down the road. Damn is he fast.
He really is super fast, both straight line and east-west. Great motor too. If he can figure the rest out he'll be a decent pro.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I was a fan of the Verbeek - Pezzetta - Waked fourth line last year down the stretch. I've liked them tonight, as well.

As for Verbeek, this kid's got insane wheels. Sometimes, he might be a little too fast for the play. So he's a little too frantic for it. But I really like this kid. Brings a lot of energy.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hats off to Laval. Gutsy effort for a team that is missing their top players in Belzile, Varone, Barber, McCarron, Peca, and Poehling, as well as one of their best defenders in Leskinen.

That's the AHL equivalent of the Habs missing Tatar, Byron, Domi, Drouin, Armia, and Petry.

If it wasn't for Johansson, this was an easy win for Laval. Rochester was not that impressive tonight. Two of their three goals required some luck (they still count).

Shots were 37-20 in favor of Laval. In the 2nd and 3rd periods, Laval had 31 shots, Rochester had 11.

Reactions: jaffy27

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Finally got back home with 5 minutes left in the game. Listening to the game on the radio, Laval's playing a hell of a third period. If it wasn't for their goalie saving their asses, Rochester would be losing right now.

@Treb, are you at the game?

I was. I have a season ticket but missed some games recently due to work or sickness.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Those people can focus on the big club. There is a number of folks here who care about Laval. Some watch them closely. Other still enjoy coming on here to get updates on it.
You keep up the great work AM, I absolutely enjoy every single one of your posts, I can count on you for twitter feeds and play by play updates.....you f***in rock man!!!!!!!!

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Hats off to Laval. Gutsy effort for a team that is missing their top players in Belzile, Varone, Barber, McCarron, Peca, and Poehling, as well as one of their best defenders in Leskinen.

Yes. They deserve a massive amount of credit for the work they've put into this game.

If it wasn't for Johansson, this was an easy win for Laval.

I disagree. I thought Rochester was a better team and controlled the game up until that lucky goal by Jevpalovs. Then the adrenaline took over and Laval started to win every puck battle and every footrace.

Shots were 37-20 in favor of Laval.

As usual with Laval, the shot count is deceiving. They are a lumberjack team that throws everything at the net. Rochester plays differently. But they did indeed made some plays with the puck and set up some quality shots late into the game.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I never get to see Laval play, so it’s awesome to have these threads to sift through when I get some free time. Thank you to all the contributing posters who take the time to do these write ups. I find them to be insightful and it gives me a good understanding of what’s going on, on the farm. Thanks again folks, this guy appreciates your work.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This board was started to provide info on hockey prospects at a time where there wasn't much. It's still why I come here. Over the years interest has shifted more towards the pro team, but hearing updates and first hand accounts of players that are harder to watch is great. Thanks to anyone who adds to that! I wish I had more time like I did back in the day to write up reports etc...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I disagree. I thought Rochester was a better team and controlled the game up until that lucky goal by Jevpalovs. Then the adrenaline took over and Laval started to win every puck battle and every footrace.

Rochester dominated certain moments in the game. You saw why they're one of the best teams in the league. But Laval was the better team in the second and third. Jevpalovs' goal did give them even more energy. But they were already winning puck battles and footraces before that goal.

As usual with Laval, the shot count is deceiving. They are a lumberjack team that throws everything at the net. Rochester plays differently. But they did indeed made some plays with the puck and set up some quality shots late into the game.

It's true that Laval, so far in its existence, hasn't been brimming with skill and talent. But right now, they need to be lumberjacks even more so because they're missing so many of their key pieces. It's crazy what they have been dealing with lately. We understand that they will lose some of their top talent to calls ups. But on top of that, they're without Belzile, Varone, McCarron, Peca, and Juulsen, who are all injured. Those are big pieces to be deprived of all at the same time, while Barber, Poehling, and Leskinen are away with the big club. Not to mention Primeau, who may have been brought down to earth a bit before his call up, he still remains a key piece for Laval.

Reactions: cphabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad