Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Hartford Wolf Pack 1 - 4 Laval Rocket: Laval Gives Hartford Their First Regulation Loss

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Igor Shestyorkin

Check out his stats, 1.11 GAA last year in the KHL

KHL is a weird beast though since the best team are so much better than the others. Magnus Hellberg (on the same team) put on 1.83 0.913 and he was at best a good AHL goalie. Koskinen who's been dissapointing for Edmonton was 1.57 0.937 in his last season there (for SKA again).

Shestyorkin is a good prospect though and the heir apparent to Lundqvist. I just hope for their sake they can keep Georgyev there as a 1b while Shestyorkin matures. They might have to trade one though since Lundqvist still has another year left.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ouellet is not the brightest guy. He is alone on the blue line, a Wolf Pack player is right in front of him, he tries to shoot and, lo and behold, the shot is blocked. He did this instead of just sending it back behind the net so his teammates go retrieve the puck and sustain possession.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ouellet is not the brightest guy. He is alone on the blue line, a Wolf Pack player is right in front of him, he tries to shoot and, lo and behold, the shot is blocked. He did this instead of just sending it back behind the net so his teammates go retrieve the puck and sustain possession.
Probably explains why he’s in the AHL

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval playing real well. Creating a lot of chances.

Yes they are playing well although it's another tough night for goals but that was to be expected against one of the best goalies in the league.

In the pregame interview with Bouchard on the wolfpack radio he said he's really happy withe the special teams, face-offs, and the effort level from last weekends games but that the offense is not where they want it to be, which of course makes sense since if you take out that game where they scored 5 goals, going into tonight they had scored exactly 2 goals per game on average.

I think this is Alain's best game since turning pro.

I would hope he's had better games last year as he hasn't done much tonight. If he were a bit faster he likely would have had a better chance of a breakaway there in the 2nd.

Poehling hot got schooled

yea that was not a good play from him, hopefully he learns from it.

Are you having issues with AHL TV? .

no problems

I can't tell how many times since last season that I would yell at the tv screen and say Ouellet wtf are you doing? and think how on earth did this guy last that long in the NHL when he can do some dumb things out there.

Bouchard talked about Ouellet playing for him in the Q during his pre game interview with the wolf pack play by play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
what a shot by Hudon, man does he need to get going as he clearly can shoot the puck at this level.

Nice effort on the goal by Alain, that was his 2nd big chance of the game, didn't think he was going to bury it.

I think McCarron's line has been the best and this has easily been McCarron's best game of the season, he's got some jump after scoring that goal. If they can get him going and Hudon wakes up and Barber is back soon, they might start winning some games especially if the goaltending keeps this up and the special teams are just dominating especially the PK.

I'd say it's one of Brook's best games as well, he's made some smart passes, like the vision there but need him to start putting up some points.

I wouldn't rule out Vejdemo carving himself out an NHL career, sound in all 3 zones

I've seen him as a sort of DLR, a guy that has the physical tools of NHL skating, speed, size. He's good defensively, hard worker but has never been able to produce offense at a consistent level. So he's a guy I could see getting a look on the 4th line at some point. If only Evans had his skating/speed or Vejdemo had Evans smarts/hands.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hugh win as Laval picks up 5 of 6 pts against 2 of the best teams in the league. Lindgren with his best 2 starts of the season back to back is also a good sign and for just the 3rd time this season they score more then 2 goals! But it doesn't get any easier as they have the wolf pack on Friday and then the Marlies on Saturday. Ouch.

Tonight was the first regulation loss of the season for the wolf pack, they came into the game 8-0-1, for a league best 17 pts, the only team with a better win % is Utica who are 8-0

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hugh win as Laval picks up 5 of 6 pts against 2 of the best teams in the league. Lindgren with his best 2 starts of the season back to back is also a good sign and for just the 3rd time this season they score more then 2 goals! But it doesn't get any easier as they have the wolf pack on Friday and then the Marlies on Saturday. Ouch.

Tonight was the first regulation loss of the season for the wolf pack, they came into the game 8-0-1, for a league best 17 pts, the next best is the marlies at 14 pts, the only team with a better win % is Utica who are 8-0
Good observations

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Poehling struggling or something? I expected him to be on the scoresheet and impact player much more than this.

He didn't have his best game but he has been playing better of late. I have been saying all summer that I thought some Hab fans were going to be very disappointed as I felt he was getting overrated due to his great NHL debut.

That said Laval going into tonight has really had trouble scoring so everyone's numbers will be a little lower outside of Belzile who has been their best player since the 1st game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
jY17JuZ.gif

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad