AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
What's weird is he is also allowing so many goals to Pavel Kubina. Dude was a defenseman who hardly ever scored, but he's going ape shit every time he plays Makiniemi. SMH. My point remains that Eetu is not ready for the big leagues.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Are we sure none of them were to any of Phil Knight, Patrick Kennedy, or Paul Krugman?

Honestly, if Eetu is giving up only goals to superstar Patrick Kane, he should be our #1 NHL goalie. As I've maintained consistently.

So far I haven't had to look up any PKs but think the well has run dry, fortunately for all of you.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think he does his conditioning stint in Chicago, has to come back up for a day as healthy, and then sent back officially to Chicago. Just looking at the loan language there
In the official CBA language, when someone is "sent down", the NHL Club Loans the Player to AHL Club or whatever Club in whatever league*. Could be Wolves are just using the correct terminology here.

* I know you know that, this is more of an springboard than a reply.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
In the official CBA language, when someone is "sent down", the NHL Club Loans the Player to AHL Club or whatever Club in whatever league*. Could be Wolves are just using the correct terminology here.

* I know you know that, this is more of an springboard than a reply.
That could be true. I figured that he had to return healthy to be sent down as healthy. Cuz you aren’t allowed to send down an injured player. Idk, im probably overthinking it.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
This game is boring as f***...but I think they said it was 3rd game in 3 for the Wolves. Suzuki, Bokk, and (can't remember the other Cane prospect) are scratches. 4 min PP midway in the 3rd resulted in maybe 3 shots?

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Being on the road, I wasn’t keeping up with Chicago.

@geehaad Makiniemi allowed one goal on 19 shots. Friday’s 4-1 win was mostly a veteran show. Drury and Smallman did get assists.

Saturday was a 5-1 loss. Warm was in net.

Sunday was a 2-1 OT loss. Rees and Keane did get an assist. Makiniemi allowed 2 goals on 27 shots.

this was Chicago’s first of six b2b2b sets.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Being on the road, I wasn’t keeping up with Chicago.

@geehaad Makiniemi allowed one goal on 19 shots. Friday’s 4-1 win was mostly a veteran show. Drury and Smallman did get assists.

Saturday was a 5-1 loss. Warm was in net.

Sunday was a 2-1 OT loss. Rees and Keane did get an assist. Makiniemi allowed 2 goals on 27 shots.

this was Chicago’s first of six b2b2b sets.

jesus, that is insane. i guess that is a logistics choice by the ahl?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
jesus, that is insane. i guess that is a logistics choice by the ahl?
Checkers did a LOT of this when we were a "West Coast" team the first few years. It was definitely travel/logistics back then because we also only got like 6/6/4 for F/Sat/Sun home games, so we weren't even getting good dates/weekend games out of it (of course douche-bag-Bob hated hockey so we also had to do playoffs at the practice rink to make way for Equestrian events). Not sure of Chicago's motives but most teams have a couple of those b2b2b games

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Hi folks, does anybody know what's with Ryan Suzuki? Thx.
Injured. Nothing official from the team has been put out. Someone who covers the Wolves said that she got the impression if was more of a week to week status instead of a by game availability check.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Chicago lost 6-3 last night. Makiniemi stopped 21 of 25 (2 ENGs).

Bokk finally scores his first. Rees continues his point streak with an assist. Drury and Smallman also had an assist.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Chicago had to score 5 in the 3rd to win 5-3. Smallman scored. Bokk and Drury had an assist.

Makiniemi stopped 29 of 32

Chicago won 3-2 in the shootout on Saturday as well. Bokk and Keane had an assist.

Chicago swept the back to back to back this weekend

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad