GDT: AHL: 10/17/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Springfield Falcons VS Syracuse Crunch

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Well, on one hand, it means he isn't taking over the game as much as he could be. On the other hand, it means he isn't making a lot of mistakes or mental errors that make him noticeable.

I'd say this early into his pro career that it's a good thing. If you can say the same thing in April, that may be a bit worrisome.

Koekkoek hasnt yet realized that he is paired with a defensive defenseman in Witko. He'll soon be jumping on offensive rushes and on the offensive zone a bit more. He is solid though...for a first year pro he looks good out there.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Drouin sets up Corrente right on the stick. Corrente has a pretty solid slapper. Can't wait to see that setup be Drouin to Hedman/Garrison.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Elsewhere, Point has a goal for Moosejaw. #Future'sStillBright

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Drouin makes a huge difference for the Crunch. Binghampton dominated Crunch in France. And Springfield outplayed the Crunch in the first match of the season. All of a sudden with Drouin in the lineup the Crunch look like world beaters with wins over Springfield & Binghampton.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...ve.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Tampa Bay prospect Jonathan Drouin, likely playing in his last game in the War Memorial, posted two assists and showed improved aggressiveness with seven shots as the Crunch beat Binghamton 4-2 on Saturday night.
A day after scoring the game-winning goal against Springfield, Droiun implemented Crunch coach Rob Zettler's suggestion to take charge by putting more shots on net than he said he could remember doing in a long time.

"The other team (Binghamton) was better than last night. They were faster. Playing them was a big challenge for me,'' Drouin said. "I don't shoot that much. I have to start shooting when I have the chance to put the puck on net. Obviously, I'm a pass-first guy. When I see a play, I try to make it."
Syracuse might have lost defenseman Joey Mormina for an undetermined stretch of time. He took an elbow to the head from Binghamton's David Dziurzynski in the second period and left the game. There was no penalty called on the play.

Zettler said the blow was dirty and that referee Peter MacDougall missed the hit. Zettler said he and Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois will review the play before deciding whether to seek AHL discipline.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Not a good idea having Richard have to play the enforcer role as payback for a dirty hit on Mormina. But with Neilson and Smith in the stands, not much more can be expected. Hope one of the up and comers does not pay the price for having those two in street clothes, especially against a team like the Sens which has become the Crunch's top rival.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why would we pull anyone from Syracuse? Bringing up another forward isn't going to help us on D. If anyone comes up, I guess it'd be Witkowski, but the likely scenario is we roll with Carle, Garrison, Brewer on the left and Stralman, Sustr, and Barbs on the right until Gudas is better.

We brought Garrison and Stralman in to improve our depth. If we're without Hedman for awhile, our D is good enough to survive. Hopefully the injury isn't serious though.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Why would we pull anyone from Syracuse? Bringing up another forward isn't going to help us on D. If anyone comes up, I guess it'd be Witkowski, but the likely scenario is we roll with Carle, Garrison, Brewer on the left and Stralman, Sustr, and Barbs on the right until Gudas is better.

We brought Garrison and Stralman in to improve our depth. If we're without Hedman for awhile, our D is good enough to survive. Hopefully the injury isn't serious though.

meant witkowski not dotchin im tired we suit 20 2 goalies we are down to 21 bodies with drouin not here and hedman out.

Is easy to lose 2 guys in a game go look at last season.

We need to pull them up just to be safe for this trip.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
meant witkowski not dotchin im tired we suit 20 2 goalies we are down to 21 bodies with drouin not here and hedman out.

Gudas thinks he'll be back for Monday against Edmonton. If he is, that'll give us 7 D and we'll be fine.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Gudas thinks he'll be back for Monday against Edmonton. If he is, that'll give us 7 D and we'll be fine.

Agreed, looks like Gudas will be back. We can play Carle/Stralman, Garrison/Gudas, Brewer/Sustr. If Gudas is not ready we can still move Sustr to #4 and Barberio to #6. Syracuse have a ton of Defenders right now especially on the right side with the additions of Blujus/Dotchin. They'd be a lot younger without Witkowski but from a skill level they wouldn't suffer at all. The cuse can still play Corrente/Blujus/Dotchin on right side. Even with Mormina's injury - they still have Koekkoek, Nesterov, Cote on the left side - organization has done a great job with the depth.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

No call ups are coming and none are even needed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
with hedman out we need drouin and another coming up paquette maybe but dotchin?

arghhhhhhhhhh I hate to do this to the cuse why couldnt panik clear we needed him

Could you explain to me why we need a forward with Drouin coming in and Hedman out?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
In terms of bodies, we're in no trouble, particularly if Coop continues to go with 12-6. That's assuming Gudas is ready to come back. I do think this opens the door for Barbs to see a game or two if we go 11-7.

Either way, I don't see a reason for a call-up unless we're sending someone down.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
In terms of bodies, we're in no trouble, particularly if Coop continues to go with 12-6. That's assuming Gudas is ready to come back. I do think this opens the door for Barbs to see a game or two if we go 11-7.

Either way, I don't see a reason for a call-up unless we're sending someone down.

you all forgot last year how many people went down in a few weeks hmm think was like 8.

I dont want to tap dance on parade but when injuries start its usually in bunches.

Hope we dont have last year again wouldnt surprise me if we did though.

and to sky not being a jerk but read other posts? Was tired made mistake?

I really hope hedman is minor gudas is truly close to ready seems so. Yet as said I remember that period last year when guy after guy went down with minor things sure but it tested us for sure.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
you all forgot last year how many people went down in a few weeks hmm think was like 8.

I dont want to tap dance on parade but when injuries start its usually in bunches.

Hope we dont have last year again wouldnt surprise me if we did though.

and to sky not being a jerk but read other posts? Was tired made mistake?

I really hope hedman is minor gudas is truly close to ready seems so. Yet as said I remember that period last year when guy after guy went down with minor things sure but it tested us for sure.

It's not like we can dress them if they're called up. The only spot we could find ourselves in trouble for not having enough players, or rushing a call-up onto a plane, is on the back to backs coming next weekend. As of right now we have 8 defensemen on the roster and Coop's only been dressing 6. So now we have 1 extra instead of 2.

If we lose a forward vs. Edmonton, Drouin comes back. Easy. If we lose a defenseman, we can bring Witkowski up. If we love 5 defensemen, we bring 5 defensemen up.

EDIT: I just noticed we had back-to-backs coming early in the week, so I can see your reasoning a little better. My mistake. I still don't think we should do it though. We're not really in dire need of bodies.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad