GDT: AHL: 10/17/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Springfield Falcons VS Syracuse Crunch

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Corey Pronman @coreypronman
Drouin with an incredible pass leads to a Marchessault goal. Elite vision and creativity.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Corey Pronman @coreypronman
Drouin with an incredible pass leads to a Marchessault goal. Elite vision and creativity.

Not really. Drouin behind the net...finds Paquette on a simple play I'd say as Paquette was parked next to the goalie. Paquette quick wrister gets blocked...puck right in front of net for Marchessault tap in.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
No, I bought a 30 day pass to Hockeystreams when I found out Drouin was going down.

Not really. Drouin behind the net...finds Paquette on a simple play I'd say as Paquette was parked next to the goalie. Paquette quick wrister gets blocked...puck right in front of net for Marchessault tap in.
Yeah, it was nice but by no means "incredible"

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
The D pairings tonight are AWFUL. Mormina/Cote pairing and Nesterov/Corrente makes me want to throw up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think they might be referring to the first pass with the "incredible pass." He makes a no-look pass to Paquette to start the play before getting the puck behind the net to start the play that led to the goal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sounds like Drouin's getting to see some wild s*** right here. lol

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
#4 Sadaio is a piece of **** for Binghamton. Coming after Witkowski after Witkowski just got done destroying somebody. Third or fourth fight of the night.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
#4 Sadaio is a piece of **** for Binghamton. Coming after Witkowski after Witkowski just got done destroying somebody. Third or fourth fight of the night.

People think goons are dead. They just went to the AHL.

How has Witkowski looked this year? I was one of the proponents for keeping him over Sustr (and still am, unless you guys give me a negative report here. ;) )

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
People think goons are dead. They just went to the AHL.

How has Witkowski looked this year? I was one of the proponents for keeping him over Sustr (and still am, unless you guys give me a negative report here. ;) )

Witko is solid man. A bit slow ... I think that is the only thing keeping him out. Makes good decisions with the puck. Solid defensively and can fight which is something we missing on big club. I think he has reached his ceiling though...while Sustr's game can still grow. I agree with you...would have rather have Witko instead of Sustr. Witko + Koekkoek is VERY solid pairing down here. Only pairing working well tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Witko is solid man. A bit slow ... I think that is the only thing keeping him out. Makes good decisions with the puck. Solid defensively and can fight which is something we missing on big club. I think he has reached his ceiling though...while Sustr's game can still grow. I agree with you...would have rather have Witko instead of Sustr. Witko + Koekkoek is VERY solid pairing down here. Only pairing working well tonight.

Witko seems more suited to a #6/#7 than Sustr is my thinking. And yeah, I'm not too comfortable with the idea that Gudas will be taking most of our fights this year. He's a good enough fighter, but he's a middleweight, and most of the guys coming after him are legit heavies. Witko looks like he can handle himself against those guys.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lotta "walmart" type ppl in the crowd at Syracuse games. Whoa!! Another amazing huge glove save by Guds...kid is gooood when he is on.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I smell a goaltending controversy. Gudlevskis performs best under pressure, it seems, and with Vasi in the lockerroom, he'll have lots of that this year. Could give him a consistent season.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't ever notice Koekkoek, not sure if thats a good thing or bad

Well, on one hand, it means he isn't taking over the game as much as he could be. On the other hand, it means he isn't making a lot of mistakes or mental errors that make him noticeable.

I'd say this early into his pro career that it's a good thing. If you can say the same thing in April, that may be a bit worrisome.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, on one hand, it means he isn't taking over the game as much as he could be. On the other hand, it means he isn't making a lot of mistakes or mental errors that make him noticeable.

I'd say this early into his pro career that it's a good thing. If you can say the same thing in April, that may be a bit worrisome.

The times I saw him in junior, he was never the type to take a game over. I think his projection has always been around a #3 with good offense.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Scooores!! Vermin in the middle of it again. Kunyk is playing well - really like him with Vermin on his wing. Pretty solid. Crunch winning 3 - 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad