GDT: AHL – Monsters at Amerks – Wed Dec 26 – 7:00PM ET

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Before someone asks, here's the obligatory Girgensons update: Had 1 assist, hit one post, looked really good battling along the boards, wen to the net, played on the third line with Rankin and Sundher.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Another wild and woolly win for the Amerks.

Who said you need defense? :laugh:

It may be funny now after a win, but the defense is truly awful. Dead last in the league.

Status quo every game, though. Nothing changes. Same mistakes, same players. There's no developing on defense right now. Throw out winning or losing, the prospects are regressing.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It may be funny now after a win, but the defense is truly awful. Dead last in the league.

Status quo every game, though. Nothing changes. Same mistakes, same players. There's no developing on defense right now. Throw out winning or losing, the prospects are regressing.

tell me how you really feel?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Before someone asks, here's the obligatory Girgensons update: Had 1 assist, hit one post, looked really good battling along the boards, wen to the net, played on the third line with Rankin and Sundher.

Needs to go to the WHL. :sarcasm:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Needs to go to the WHL. :sarcasm:

lol I love it. The criticism of this kid who is playing outside his natural position and with crap linemates...yet still hustles every play hits and takes hits, owns the front of the net...we are gonna love this guy and its only a matter of time until his blue collar work pays dividends for him and the sabres/amerks. Watching this kid...absolute worst case scneario he is Gaustad v2...but I think hes got more in him than that...I see Sean Couturier light or Mike Richards without the point totals.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Anyone got a boxscore?

1. LE Malone, (6) (Strong), 1:53
1. RCH Rankin, (7) (Brennan, McNabb), 5:18 (PP)
1. LE Connolly, (4) (Strong, Stollery), 8:48
1. RCH Hodgson, (2) (Flynn, Brennan), 16:15 (SH)
1. RCH Brennan, (12) (Mancari, Porter), 19:45 (PP)
2. LE van der Gulik, (9) (Carey, Agozzino), 0:26
2. LE MacQueen, (2) (Roy, Bordeleau), 3:28
2. LE Stollery, (2) (Agozzino, Olver), 19:25
3. RCH Hodgson, (3) (Flynn, McNabb), 1:13
3. RCH Brennan, (13) (Gauthier-Leduc, Girgensons), 5:28
3. LE van der Gulik, (10) (Carey), 11:22 (SH)
3. RCH Mancari, (5) (Brennan), 14:41
OT. RCH Foligno, (9) (Hodgson), 2:40

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
lol I love it. The criticism of this kid who is playing outside his natural position and with crap linemates...yet still hustles every play hits and takes hits, owns the front of the net...we are gonna love this guy and its only a matter of time until his blue collar work pays dividends for him and the sabres/amerks. Watching this kid...absolute worst case scneario he is Gaustad v2...but I think hes got more in him than that...I see Sean Couturier light or Mike Richards without the point totals.

People want to see him in WHL not because hes "not hustling hard enough" or "not going to the net" people want too see him in WHL so he develops his offensive game.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
People want to see him in WHL not because hes "not hustling hard enough" or "not going to the net" people want too see him in WHL so he develops his offensive game.

if we put him at his natural position and give him legit linemates will that not help that cause? Frankly this whole year had been a lockout/year waiting to happen...sheltering a hard worker like girgs does him no good...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

frankly i dont see a 30-30 player in girgs...sorry to say idt he has that offensive upside....i think he plays and sees the ice soooo well he can be a shutdown 20-35 guy and be a fan favorite for his hard work and hits...and im fine with that especially with hodgson, ennis snd girg waiting..the best role girgs can play is shutdown role...

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
frankly i dont see a 30-30 player in girgs...sorry to say idt he has that offensive upside....i think he plays and sees the ice soooo well he can be a shutdown 20-35 guy and be a fan favorite for his hard work and hits...and im fine with that especially with hodgson, ennis snd girg waiting..the best role girgs can play is shutdown role...

And you can tell this after 23 AHL games? Impressive. That must be tough to tell the difference between a 55 point player and a 60 point player after so few games.....

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
That's just a lame talking point. It's been said enough. There's no proof that playing in the WHL is going to help his offensive game any more than now in the AHL against better competition.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Relax. I'm laughing because it's pretty ridiculous how bad the defense is right now. So bad it takes an amazing scoring outburst to win a game in a SO because normally 6 goals should be enough to win in regulation.

Do you actually think I don't realize how bad they are and that it's a problem? I'm incredibly disappointed in McNabb's play in particular.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Relax. I'm laughing because it's pretty ridiculous how bad the defense is right now. So bad it takes an amazing scoring outburst to win a game in a SO because normally 6 goals should be enough to win in regulation.

Do you actually think I don't realize how bad they are and that it's a problem? I'm incredibly disappointed in McNabb's play in particular.

As is everybody. He's a shell of himself. It doesn't make any sense. Meanwhile, I'm really frustrated with the coaching staff. They haven't made any adjustments this season. They're getting worse. It seems the rest of the league has adjusted and the book is out on how to score on the Amerks. How long do you sit in dead last in the league in goals against until you make some sort of a change?

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

This.

If you can't shake your head and laugh at how bad it is, you'll drive yourself up a wall.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
This.

If you can't shake your head and laugh at how bad it is, you'll drive yourself up a wall.

Fair enough. But it's still early enough in the season to do something about it. First thing I'd do is get JGL out of the lineup. He's running neck and neck with McNabb as the worst defenseman on the team.

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011
Fair enough. But it's still early enough in the season to do something about it. First thing I'd do is get JGL out of the lineup. He's running neck and neck with McNabb as the worst defenseman on the team.
Why JGL is out there on every power play is mind boggling. He barely belongs out there on aregular shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad