GDT: AHL – Monsters at Amerks – Wed Dec 26 – 7:00PM ET

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Fair enough. But it's still early enough in the season to do something about it. First thing I'd do is get JGL out of the lineup. He's running neck and neck with McNabb as the worst defenseman on the team.

Doesn't seem like any combination is working- they have tried rotating guys in and having no success. This coupled by shaky goaltending is a recipe for disaster (or 7-6 games).

Definitely Girgensons best effort of the year last night, I liked that line in general. Mancari is still awful despite his 1g 1a - takes the longest shifts and stays out there absolutely gassed (-10 for the season). Looks like Foligno, Hodgson and Flynn are starting to get some chemistry going, which should be fun to watch going forward.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Doesn't seem like any combination is working- they have tried rotating guys in and having no success. This coupled by shaky goaltending is a recipe for disaster (or 7-6 games).

Definitely Girgensons best effort of the year last night, I liked that line in general. Mancari is still awful despite his 1g 1a - takes the longest shifts and stays out there absolutely gassed (-10 for the season). Looks like Foligno, Hodgson and Flynn are starting to get some chemistry going, which should be fun to watch going forward.
No but they could at least slightly improve with JGL out. Give Fienhage a shot. He played a simple, physical game last year. Something they need. Ideally a veteran is needed, but Darcy can't take precious development time away from these guys. They have a lot to learn by getting shelled every night and looking like a disorganized mess.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why a team that stinks defensively would scratch Pysyk. He's had a rough game or two, sure, but overall he's been our best defenseman this year, IMO. Hoping he'll be back in the line-up next game.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Top shelf. Also known as the money spot to score on 95% of goaltenders for the last 20 years.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
No but they could at least slightly improve with JGL out. Give Fienhage a shot. He played a simple, physical game last year. Something they need. Ideally a veteran is needed, but Darcy can't take precious development time away from these guys. They have a lot to learn by getting shelled every night and looking like a disorganized mess.

Not every combination has been tried as there is a past AHL all star sitting on the side lines, and please don't tell me he would not help this team and play better than some of the players currently in the line up. You do not go from being a number one prospect to what is happening now for no reason, maybe the rumour about RR stating he will never see D again as long as he is coach has some truth to it.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Not every combination has been tried as there is a past AHL all star sitting on the side lines, and please don't tell me he would not help this team and play better than some of the players currently in the line up. You do not go from being a number one prospect to what is happening now for no reason, maybe the rumour about RR stating he will never see D again as long as he is coach has some truth to it.
Yeah Schiestel would be better than JGL and McNabb. But neither is coming out for him.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Just realized they gave Girgensons the goal on Brennan's shot- couldn't exactly tell what happened there.

Did anyone else think Rankin came nowhere close to tipping that first goal in? From my seat (and limited replay) I didn't think he came close to tipping it.

Sucks for Brennan, looks like he possibly lost 2 goals...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->