Confirmed with Link: AGM Scott Mellanby resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So they’d hold him back on a promotion???

pense pas
No team will allow management or scouts under contract to leave during the season - even Chia-pet wasn’t allowed to join Bruins from Sens until post draft because he had insider info on what the Sens were planning.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
It's not official. But as Darren Dreger Tweeted earlier, Gorton will be hired and be the head of Hockey Ops. So he will be the top guy in the hockey department. It doesn't mean the next GM won't have any freedom to work. But Gorton will be at the top of that hockey ops pyramid.

That was not the case with Dudley. Bergevin was at the top of the pyramid when he was hired. Dudley was a confidant. But he was not higher than MB in the hierarchy.

So saying Gorton will oversee the next GM the way Dudley oversaw MB is inaccurate (which is the initial post I was replying to).

That's all I needed to know.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
It was a safe bet that major changes were coming. Molson's silence spoke louder than his actual speeches.

Gorton would be an interesting choice. Darche is still an intern... seems backwards to have Gorton reporting to him.
Yes, but this is the Habs and in that world, it's not what you know, rather it's in what language you can express what you know. Backwards has been the Habs' way and I would be surprised were it to change.

Reactions: cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's not official. But as Darren Dreger Tweeted earlier, Gorton will be hired and be the head of Hockey Ops. So he will be the top guy in the hockey department. It doesn't mean the next GM won't have any freedom to work. But Gorton will be at the top of that hockey ops pyramid.

That was not the case with Dudley. Bergevin was at the top of the pyramid when he was hired. Dudley was a confidant. But he was not higher than MB in the hierarchy.

So saying Gorton will oversee the next GM the way Dudley oversaw MB is inaccurate (which is the initial post I was replying to).

It will be interesting to see if there is any public outcry that he's not French - or rather how much out cry there will be.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Scott Mellanby’s resume looks better resigning than getting fired.
Wouldn't this mean no other team would need to ask permission to speak to him? Still, leaving money on the table is not what most people would do.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Wouldn't this mean no other team would need to ask permission to speak to him? Still, leaving money on the table is not what most people would do.
I wouldn't be shocked if he was given that permission on the way out. Leaving money on the table might be worth it if it means getting a head start on your next job.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if there is any public outcry that he's not French - or rather how much out cry there will be.
Surely everyone is tired of losing? The outcry should be at our record right now? This shold be a better team with cap spending......laying it ALL on Price seems to have not worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad