Post-Game Talk: Against all odds, Habs beat Dallas for their new GM

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
OK I'll spell it out. Dogging the puck means getting dirty trying to create turnovers and engaging the opposition. Something JD won't do.

Dogging it where I'm from means being a lazy, procrastinating, indifferent non-working asshole. "That guy ain't doing shit! He's dogging it!"

I was seriously confused too. Lol

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
So happy for Montembeault, he finally gets some goals on a good performance. As much as I feel Kulak has been solid all year, not seeing him Armia Niku, Belize, Paquette and sadly Caufield all felt refreshing. Clague is not that bad of a replacement, perhaps a lateral move but has seemingly more upside.

Anderson has been cheating a lot though, playing soft with he end of his stick trying to sneak to the offensive.

Lastly, after seeing every game this year I think I get why people dislike Hoffman. He's just so soft and fancy. He's trying to interrupt plays and saucer passes using his stick instead of using his body. Reminds me of Domi and Alex Tanguay but these guys had better anticipation and hand eye skills.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Combination of missing Price, Weber & Edmundson. Price is very important defensively & offensively, that first pass helped a lot.

A young (and improving) Romanov, a soon-to-be-leaving Chiarot, disinterested and probably injured Petry, and the rotting corpse of David Savard can only do so much.

I can't belive how bad it is. Love Romanov, that's it. Clague the Plague , its no accident that tool was placed on waivers.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
New GIF for future usage

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sagikev

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
They look like they were back to a more aggressive coverage on PK, like last year... or it's just Dallas that was that bad...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dogging it where I'm from means being a lazy, procrastinating, indifferent non-working asshole. "That guy ain't doing shit! He's dogging it!"

I was seriously confused too. Lol

True hence the term “Dog Days” But the original English connotation is derived from the fox hunt. Think of “Dog on a Bone”

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Personally, I don't mind Clague. He's got flaws but I think he's a slightly better version than Mete to be honest. Can provide value for us during rebuild years

Not me. At one point I remarked on how Romanov looked like he was defending by himself when paired with Clague. It was fun watching Roope Hintz blow by him like he was standing still. I’d be surprised if he’s with us next season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not me. At one point I remarked on how Romanov looked like he was defending by himself when paired with Clague. It was fun watching Roope Hintz blow by him like he was standing still. I’d be surprised if he’s with us next season.

I was wondering about Niku and Clague and if they are back. I'd being them back to allow Guhle, Norlinder, and Harris to develop properly.

During a tank year and rebuild years to come. I'd retain Clague for those years. Helps our tank and he is a piece we can use on the PP point. Nothing to brag about but avoids us trading for someone or signing someone we regret. Cheap option

Reactions: Sagikev

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Was nice to see the guys show some heart and fire, for once this year. I dislike Drouin, it's no secret, but I was glad to see him stand up to Seguin for what he did to him... a little too far maybe, but still, good for you, Jon.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I was wondering about Niku and Clague and if they are back. I'd being them back to allow Guhle, Norlinder, and Harris to develop properly.

During a tank year and rebuild years to come. I'd retain Clague for those years. Helps our tank and he is a piece we can use on the PP point. Nothing to brag about but avoids us trading for someone or signing someone we regret. Cheap option

I'd waive both Niku and Clague and if they clear, keep them in Laval as depth and see if they can work out their flaws. I doubt there's much league interest in either of them though.

Reactions: Rapala

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd waive both Niku and Clague and if they clear, keep them in Laval as depth and see if they can work out their flaws. I doubt there's much league interest in either of them though.

At this stage, Not sure they a lot more where they already are. Guys like this provide value from 25-30 range if they mature. Think Beaulieu and Tinordi as depth pieces.

All I know is I don't leave open spots for Guhle, Norlinder, Harris to win jobs easily. If we are rebuilding, retain Niku and Clague for roster spots.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
At this stage, Not sure they a lot more where they already are. Guys like this provide value from 25-30 range if they mature. Think Beaulieu and Tinordi as depth pieces.

All I know is I don't leave open spots for Guhle, Norlinder, Harris to win jobs easily. If we are rebuilding, retain Niku and Clague for roster spots.

Yeah, hopefully part of the new regime is not rushing the kids. Let them learn in the AHL, together, as a team. Then, when they come up, they already know each other and will feel more comfortable having playing partners they know, better skills, and more confidence. I hope they do this right! I think it depends on if the media allows the team to properly rebuild. Lets build a strong base and not just a wild card, bubble team again.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad