Post-Game Talk: Against all odds, Habs beat Dallas for their new GM

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
??????????? How are we just removing contracts?

Yo, give me Josi over Savard! Thanks! .. like wtf lol

Just saying the only thing Drouin has over Seguin is the fact his contract is expiring soon, Seguin is a superior player in every aspect. Of course we can't remove contracts, that's not what I was saying.

Reactions: expy

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just saying the only thing Drouin has over Seguin is the fact his contract is expiring soon, Seguin is a superior player in every aspect. Of course we can't remove contracts, that's not what I was saying.
Sure.. but then what is the point in comparing them? If we're picking Team Canada Group F .. sure. Let's discuss them without a contract. But besides that, there's literally no point in discussing players in the modern NHL without contracts.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
For sure, I know that. Everyone knows that. But it's not now. And if Seguin is going to play that way, he can except some crosschecks to the head back.

Exactly,that is what I was saying,don't just take it,you got to give it back, can't let anyone walk all over you.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Oh FFS, I turned on Post-Game Show for the first time in months, hoping for intelligent conversation/analysis (I know, I know), and the first thing I hear is, “what would you do with the Powerball winnings?”

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabsCowboysOwn

Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Sure.. but then what is the point in comparing them? If we're picking Team Canada Group F .. sure. Let's discuss them without a contract. But besides that, there's literally no point in discussing players in the modern NHL without contracts.

You're reaching with group F lol, Seguin could crack Canada's B team quite easily and would at least be considered. Drouin not so much, his reputation around the league in non-existent. I agree about the contract part, it's the most important thing for those actually involved in the NHL business but since we're only fans talking shit on an Internet forum I think there's no harm done.

Reactions: MasterD

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Gotta be the worst D I have seen since around 1997. Good god, this is a bad blueline.

Combination of missing Price, Weber & Edmundson. Price is very important defensively & offensively, that first pass helped a lot.

A young (and improving) Romanov, a soon-to-be-leaving Chiarot, disinterested and probably injured Petry, and the rotting corpse of David Savard can only do so much.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You're reaching with group F lol, Seguin could crack Canada's B team quite easily and would at least be considered. Drouin not so much, his reputation around the league in non-existent. I agree about the contract part, it's the most important thing for those actually involved in the NHL business but since we're only fans talking shit on an Internet forum I think there's no harm done.
Do you think this is the same Seguin from a few years ago? That would be a Rob Zamuner level selection.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
For those mentioning that the Stars offense looked bad, they were missing Jason Robertson who is arguably their best forward.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

It took playing against the bottom team in the league missing both their goalies for 10M dollar Seguin to snap his 20 game no-assist streak. If he played in Montreal we would be crucifying him daily.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Do you think this is the same Seguin from a few years ago? That would be a Rob Zamuner level selection.

Hey now, don't shit on Robbie Z like that. They brought him in for his defensive play and his skating. He was assigned coverage of prime Jagr and kept him to sweet f*** all, for one.

And he had a good World Championship the previous year.

They build that team weird no doubt, though. No Messier!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just heard Tofu's press conference sounds like he'd like to stay even if Montreal decides to go through a bit of a rebuild. He wants to be one of the leaders in the room.

He added he understands that trades happen, etc, etc, and he'll just go out and continue to play his game.

Not too often you get that response from players. It always feels like they want out of here when things go wrong. Kind of hoping we keep him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Hey now, don't shit on Robbie Z like that. They brought him in for his defensive play and his skating. He was assigned coverage of prime Jagr and kept him to sweet f*** all, for one.

And he had a good World Championship the previous year.

They build that team weird no doubt, though. No Messier!
I like Zamuner as a player. But there's a huge difference between someone like him and someone like Bergeron.

HabsCowboysOwn

Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
It took playing against the bottom team in the league missing both their goalies for 10M dollar Seguin to snap his 20 game no-assist streak. If he played in Montreal we would be crucifying him daily.

On his current deal you're absolutely right, to be fair though he just came back from a major injury this year. He was still pretty good 2 years ago so I'd at least give him the benefit of the doubt for this season. And if he's done for good at least it'll be health related, not because he's a career floater like Drouin.

Reactions: Habs13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad