AFTERMATH: Pens oust Caps in 6 | The Luckiest Bunch of Luckers That Ever Lucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
That was a rough series emotionally, at least for us fans.. You just knew, heading into each game, what an emotional roller-coaster ride it was going to be... And it sure as **** was.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Handshake line question, did Murray say something along the lines of "you're one of my idols" to Holtby?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
My God did Dumo step up this game. Incredible.
Don't think it's coincidence that the worst game he had was when joined w Lovejoy.
I actually fear that the LJ over SChultz decision may loom large vs the speed of TB. Hope not.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lol i remember months ago how hard u guys were on your coach.

Looks like a stud now

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Lol i remember months ago how hard u guys were on your coach.

Looks like a stud now

I don't buy that.

I honestly can't recall any time when Pens fans were down on Sullivan. There was a 4 game losing streak - which was well within the grace period for a new coach following Johnston's reign of boring terror - and then pretty sustained success.

I think some of his roster choices are idiotic, but on the whole he's been recognized as doing a good job virtually from the start.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
I think Dumoulin is turning into a stud shut down, top 4 defenseman right before our eyes. He had some insanely good, hard plays against some great offensive players this series. He had a bad game, but he rebounded beautifully. Hopefully Maatta can return to form, and those two with Letang can make up a really awesome 1-3 going into next season.

Letang was an animal this series. Murray is playing way beyond his years. Kessel stepped up and had his best game in the playoffs in the most important game. Bonino knows his role and fills it so well. Hagelin's speed is something I'm basically infatuated with. He makes opponents **** their pants because they know if they bobble a puck, he's gone. I hope he can develop hands like Dupuis did.

Speaking of Dupuis, he's a guy we could really use in these playoffs. This team right now is exactly how Dupuis plays.

I think Sid and Geno will show up next round. Sid especially faced some insanely stiff matchups this series. We need to work on finding Geno some wingers. You can tell he's sort of our there on his own right now, which is why I was a proponent of Geno playing with Sid when he came back, but that is not what Geno wants.

Great series by the boys. They are finding ways to get it done.

I love how Dumo responded from a horrid game 5 (his worst of the playoffs) to an absolute amazing game 6 (his best of the playoffs). He has had a couple of bad games this playoff season but overall he's been a playoff warrior. I was worried he was going to run out of gas come playoff time, since he started to get noticeably less reliable later in the season. but he has ramped it back up.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Top 5.

Murray
Letang
Bonino
Kessel
Cullen

#1 Murray

#2 Letang

#3a Kessel, #3b Cullen, #3c Bonino

I think Dumoulin is turning into a stud shut down, top 4 defenseman right before our eyes. He had some insanely good, hard plays against some great offensive players this series. He had a bad game, but he rebounded beautifully. Hopefully Maatta can return to form, and those two with Letang can make up a really awesome 1-3 going into next season.

Letang was an animal this series. Murray is playing way beyond his years. Kessel stepped up and had his best game in the playoffs in the most important game. Bonino knows his role and fills it so well. Hagelin's speed is something I'm basically infatuated with. He makes opponents **** their pants because they know if they bobble a puck, he's gone. I hope he can develop hands like Dupuis did.

Speaking of Dupuis, he's a guy we could really use in these playoffs. This team right now is exactly how Dupuis plays.

I think Sid and Geno will show up next round. Sid especially faced some insanely stiff matchups this series. We need to work on finding Geno some wingers. You can tell he's sort of our there on his own right now, which is why I was a proponent of Geno playing with Sid when he came back, but that is not what Geno wants.

Great series by the boys. They are finding ways to get it done.

The Dupuis of 2009-2011-ish perhaps. The one of 2014-2016, no. If it takes Kunitz or Fehr out, I'd do it.

only got audio...is there a video?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Does he keep his job after that? I mean for what he was saying, obviously if he was really drinking (don't think he was) he's gone.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Do we need to continue with a part 2 when we shut down for 1000 posts, or are you guys fully vented / ready to roll on that TB thread? ;)

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He definitely said "I love to watch you play." He said something after that but I couldn't quite make out what it was.

He definitely looks up to Holtby.

Lundqvist too.
Must be surreal somewhat to beat both.
Fan of Brodeur and Mike Smith(back in his amazing playoff performances) as well.

Fun Fact: He was also once roommates with Tom Wilson.

Another fun fact: He has a hot gf
https://www.instagram.com/chrissirignano/

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So who's everyone's three best in the post-season right now?

I've got Murray, Letang and, uh, Bonino at the moment.

1. Murray
2. Kessel
3. Cullen/Daley

This is a tough thing to do. Bonino deserves up there. Letang had some great games and some head-scratching moments in the Cap series. Sheary was dominant against NY but a non-factor in the Wash series. Kuhn/Rust/Cullen are amazing. Sid/Geno were bright spots and unfortunately played a bit poorly against Wash. Dumo deserves major credit even though he had a horrendous turnover in Game 5. Hags speed alone could be up there.

That just goes to show you how resilient this team is. It's someone new every night it seems.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
He definitely looks up to Holtby.

Lundqvist too.
Must be surreal somewhat to beat both.
Fan of Brodeur and Mike Smith(back in his amazing playoff performances) as well.

Fun Fact: He was also once roommates with Tom Wilson.

Another fun fact: He has a hot gf
https://www.instagram.com/chrissirignano/

-------------------------------------------
Interesting factoids, also, damn she hot! :laugh:

Ever since i got a 1st glimpse at MM i had a feeling (roll song...) that this guy was the real deal & i hardly knew anything about him prior to that.

Murray grew up fast, well, he's tall but i meant maturity wise. Nay sayers will talk about how a Patrick Lalime can start hot & fade away but this guy has nothing in common with him, this said, respect for Patrick, he's now working as a hockey analyst on TVASports.

Would M&M be a good nickname?
Such poise... I would be surprised if this guy doesn't become a legit top tier goalie sooner than later. You could even argue that he's already there but yeah... too soon.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
-------------------------------------------
Interesting factoids, also, damn she hot! :laugh:

Ever since i got a 1st glimpse at MM i had a feeling (roll song...) that this guy was the real deal & i hardly knew anything about him prior to that.

Murray grew up fast, well, he's tall but i meant maturity wise. Nay sayers will talk about how a Patrick Lalime can start hot & fade away but this guy has nothing in common with him, this said, respect for Patrick, he's now working as a hockey analyst on TVASports.

Would M&M be a good nickname?
Such poise... I would be surprised if this guy doesn't become a legit top tier goalie sooner than later. You could even argue that he's already there but yeah... too soon.

Lalime played well as long as the team used a very defensive scheme in front of him, as soon as they opened it up he was exposed... a lot of young guys or backups have instant success when a team plays uber responsible in front of them, but struggle once the team isnt overcompensating on D... look at Zatkoff... played fine game 1, subpar game 2, as the team needed to open it up he was more exposed and his flaws showed more...

So far Murray has been fine even when peppered with shots or hung out to dry with breakayas... the team can open up the O and feel OK with him back there... he has a few flaws, but nothing critical like Zatkoff or any of the dozen scrubs we have had in here lately... he doesnt have everything Fluery has, but he is also a bit better in some areas than him too...

I see nothing that makes me think he wont be at worse an above average goaltender in this league, if not more than that....

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Lalime played well as long as the team used a very defensive scheme in front of him, as soon as they opened it up he was exposed... a lot of young guys or backups have instant success when a team plays uber responsible in front of them, but struggle once the team isnt overcompensating on D... look at Zatkoff... played fine game 1, subpar game 2, as the team needed to open it up he was more exposed and his flaws showed more...

So far Murray has been fine even when peppered with shots or hung out to dry with breakayas... the team can open up the O and feel OK with him back there... he has a few flaws, but nothing critical like Zatkoff or any of the dozen scrubs we have had in here lately... he doesnt have everything Fleury has, but he is also a bit better in some areas than him too...

I see nothing that makes me think he wont be at worse an above average goaltender in this league, if not more than that....

Completely agree, thanks for the Lalime precision btw. We were blessed to have MM take over at such an opportune timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad