After todays meeting.. How do you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Still have hope. Only because I have to believe that if either side gives a damn(even the smallest amount) about the game itself, that they'll have some type of season.

But then that naive idealist gets crushed by a dollar. And he brings a few million of his friends, and they kick me in the stomach. They laugh at me, tell me to shut up, and then walk away.

Long time fan, and I want hockey to come back. But I'm not missing it. It's already January 20th.

tritone

Aug 26, 2003
Laval
Visit site
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
Optimistic or Pessimistic

I feel like a train hit me ...but I have the flu so I guess it doesn't count .

I'm torn between the two...optimistic that they're at least talking but after reading Bob Mckenzie's last article I'm feeling pretty bummed....

I promised myself not to care anymore until they either canceled or said "deal done" and I let myself believe once again ~sigh~ I am growing more and more bitter by minute and the see-saw information being put out as "validated" reports are really starting to make me feel like the best thing that could happen is all hockey fans collectively decided to not give a rat's ass about anything anymore.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Still optimistic. I haven't but any stock into the press releases and conferences thus far, so I don't put anything into what they said today. Except for the fact that statements following these talks are the first not to include insults or exasperation at the other sides' lack of movement. That to me, indicates something positive.

I don't believe we really know anything of whats actually going on. Since I know so little, and my original belief was that it made no sense for either side to lose an entire season, I have little reason to change my believe now. I'm generally an optimistic guy though. I just don't see the sense in spewing negativity and gloom based upon well-choreagraphed interviews and calculated press releases. Its all part of the process.

I'll be down if they actually cancel it for good. Otherwise, I'm optimistic.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
Optimistic or Pessimistic
it's over till next december - the player's after the end of this month will only have 5 payday's left till play-offs - they will want some of the playoff money - the owner's will balk - not that i was there but the perimeter issue's were discussed over the last two days but daly tossed the salary cap bomb back on the table and the goodwill is now gone - the player's are pissed and will dig in - not enuff cash now to give in -

Last edited:

Crows*

Less optimistic than yesterday but more than 2 days ago for sure.

Strazzobosco

Dec 6, 2004
Fairfax, VA
yes and no...
that's the denial. Later on, the goalie Gauthier is quoted he was called afterall, and was told to get ready "just in case". Someting is brewing.

Devilsfanatic said:
Ugliest translation ever! Babelfish translation

Here's what I got outta the Englench that they translated.....Denis Gauthier was told by a trainer to stay fit, but that was just advice, he wants to keep his players fit.......nothing big about that.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
i feel that there has been a lot of progress made over the past two days. ted saskins mom passed away yet he was STILL meeting with the owners again today. that in itself is a something. the guys aren't killing the other side and the comments made after the meeting were almost exactly the same which to me means they were prepared by the same pr person.

i bet they have a meeting as early as monday and there is a new cba as early as next friday.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
mr gib said:
it's over till next december - the player's after the end of this month will only have 5 payday's left till play-offs - they will want some of the playoff money - the owner's will balk - not that i was there but the perimeter issue's were discussed over the last two days but daly tossed the salary cap bomb back on the table and the goodwill is now gone - the player's are pissed and will dig in - not enuff cash now to give in -
5 paychecks is better than no paychecks and having money in the bank (next seasons paychecks) could be enough to get the players to budge a little bit.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Tuggy said:
Me too.

So very tired.

I keep trying to be optimistic, but I find myself in the same boat as you guys. I'm just sick of all this crap, cancel the season or make a deal, if there is nothing in the works, then scrap the season, then at least you're not alienating your entire fanbase by leading them on through this crapcircus that is CBA negotiations.

While both sides fight for their wants, and needs, the fans are the ones who get treated like garbage throughout this entire process. One thing the NHL has had a very tough time doing lately, is showing any interest in what their fanbase is feeling, or suggesting, and thats a bloody shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad