After todays meeting.. How do you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey_Nut99

Don't know. In one case they are back to where they are. On the other hand, the sides might just be reporting back to Bob and Gary. I'm kind of optomistic becasue they haven't been giving us this rhetoric like they usually do. They are keeping the details very quiet. I don't know though. They need to do a lot of work (cba and little things for each team) to get a season starting at the start of February.. :dunno:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I remain an optimist until I hear the words "the season is cancelled'. all this drivel spoken to the media is propaganda and pure bull ****. The season won't be cancelled, that would be HORRIBLE for the NHL. I expect a deal within 10 days.

Hockey_Nut99

I just can't see the NHL going into foreign territory. Nobody has ever cancelled a full season.

two out of three*

jtuzzi21 said:
I remain an optimist until I hear the words "the season is cancelled'. all this drivel spoken to the media is propaganda and pure bull ****. The season won't be cancelled, that would be HORRIBLE for the NHL. I expect a deal within 10 days.

When you say "until they say the season is cancelled" it reminds me of a team who has really a slim chance at making the playoffs near the end of the year. You know.. "I'll remain hopefull until we are 'mathmatically eliminated.'" It doesn't look good.

Lanny MacDonald*

Optomistic. I think that the two sides are getting to understand the challenges better and the players are finally starting to figure out that the owners are very serious. I think the players are starting to see that if they don't get a deal done now, they will get an even worse one in the fall. Its now or never. I have a feeling the players will do the right thing for themselves and for the game in the next seven days.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Optimistic, I would agree, I don't think they will pi$$ away a whole year. :shakehead

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hockey_Nut99 said:
Don't know. In one case they are back to where they are. On the other hand, the sides might just be reporting back to Bob and Gary.

Yes. Anyone who thinks that a deal was going to be announced today were in a fantasy world. Everyone is going to go back and talk to Bob and Gary because they have to.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
I feel that the closer both sides are to making a deal, the less they want the press on their backs. Both statements from Saskin and Daly after the meeting sounded similarly rehearsed. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

It seems the ducks DID inform their players to get ready afterall (despite the denial). http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/170857.html
(for those of you who understand french)

OK, I need a translation. Can anyone help?

MacDaddy TLC*

go kim johnsson said:
So why do you hang around here when you don't care?
WTF is your problem?

I come around here out of concern for Mike Modano's dog!

Jaysfanatic*

jratelle19 said:
I feel that the closer both sides are to making a deal, the less they want the press on their backs. Both statements from Saskin and Daly after the meeting sounded similarly rehearsed. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

OK, I need a translation. Can anyone help?

Ugliest translation ever! Babelfish translation

Do coyotes and Ducks inform their players? In addition, the players of the Coyotes of Phoenix and Mighty Ducks were informed by the d'entraîneurs group l'entraînement to be held ready with a possible return to d'ici seven days. At the Canadian of Montreal, this order n'a not given since all the players find themselves in Europe. The general manager of the Coyotes, Mike Barnett, indicated qu'aucune directing n'avait given to the players. However, the defender Denis Gauthier confirmed qu'un trainer spoke to him during last days. "Il has there quelqu'un which was on its guards, if the season starts. He said qu'ils would like that we are in form if the season started soon. This did not n'était direct. He did not say that will take again the next week. C'est a trainer who wants to keep his players positifs."

Here's what I got outta the Englench that they translated.....Denis Gauthier was told by a trainer to stay fit, but that was just advice, he wants to keep his players fit.......nothing big about that.

MacDaddy TLC*

My advice to everyone is to stay fit. People are looking for hope in even the slightest forms.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
I honestly don't know, but I voted Optimistic-Still Have Hope. As long as their still talking there's hope. They haven't scheduled another meeting but Daly did say that they would talk again, so you never know. The thing that's bugging me about it though is the whole salary cap thing, they can't seem to agree on it.......... :shakehead

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
For the first time since the lockout started - I had some hope that we might see some hockey this year. That brief, ill-advised glimmer of optimism disappeared faster than the last piece of corn -on- the- cob at a family reunion.
It would have been nice to get this settled so that we could look forward to a complete season next year. If this season goes down the drain, we can almost certainly expect to lose up to 1/2 of next year before the players finally come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad