Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Not any of those - There is another team

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Leafs AINEC

Unironically yes
The Vegas GM started his career on easy mode and it’s been like that ever since. The first expansion was so bad Seattle got fcked. No state taxes, it’s Vegas. Must be so hard to just keep saying f them picks every single year! The NHL is a Mickey Mouse league so I’m not blaming them but to act like their management is genius is laughable. 28 teams can’t do this even if they wanted to.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think Vegas is overrated. They look rough right now and they’re counting on a lot of guys that haven’t played hockey in a while to just come in and be difference makers.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If Vegas’ healthy players return, its them.

If not, and this is their replacement roster, then Colorado.

Florida a distant 3rd until I see how the new bodies fit into their lines and system. I cant shake the feeling that all they dud was make their team slower.

Reactions: Bijelo

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The Vegas GM started his career on easy mode and it’s been like that ever since. The first expansion was so bad Seattle got fcked. No state taxes, it’s Vegas. Must be so hard to just keep saying f them picks every single year! The NHL is a Mickey Mouse league so I’m not blaming them but to act like their management is genius is laughable. 28 teams can’t do this even if they wanted to.
Any team could do what they do but Vegas is the only team who has zero regard for trading away all their picks and prospects.

Blasphemy to HFb types but hey it won them one cup and they can get another one too before it all comes crashing down.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Florida, because playing fewer games in the first two rounds = late round success, and they are going to MURDER any 2some of tb/det/bos/tor

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Florida, because playing fewer games in the first two rounds = late round success, and they are going to MURDER any 2some of tb/det/bos/tor

You mean like Boston was going to last season? Or the 2019 Lightning?

Florida is a good team, but they’re a PDO cold spell away from losing a 7 game series, just like any other team in the league.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
People ignoring the fact that Vegas has been mediocre as of late. Not sure a couple trades will magically make that better

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
You mean like Boston was going to last season? Or the 2019 Lightning?

Florida is a good team, but they’re a PDO cold spell away from losing a 7 game series, just like any other team in the league.
By your logic there is no favorite.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah they are brilliant at timing high cost player injuries just in time for being 30m over the cap! Truly brilliant.

An Oilers fan talking about easy management when they drafted 1st overall 4 times in 6 years. Sorry your team sucks? Vegas did in 5 years what you guys have been trying to do for 15. Very efficient.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
There are obviously favorites, but to say they’re going to murder their way through their division is a stretch IMO.
So in a discussion about predictions/favorites, I should ignore what appears to be favorable conditions for an excellent team, because they might get cold at the wrong time?

The relative weakness of their competition compared to the opposite conference doesn’t matter because I used hyperbole?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
So in a discussion about predictions/favorites, I should ignore what appears to be favorable conditions for an excellent team, because they might get cold at the wrong time?

The relative weakness of their competition compared to the opposite conference doesn’t matter because I used hyperbole?

I think ignoring the inherent randomness in hockey is foolhardy, yes.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
While the talent for Vegas is clearly there (abundantly), I could see it being too much of a shake up in the middle of the season. They added 3 players. Hertl is gonna have to hit the ground running learning a new system coming back from an injury late. There's gonna be a lot of line shake ups. Stone's injury, people in and out of the lineup, etc.

It's a lot to expect from a team. Systems and chemistry can take time to learn and yes, that goes for all trade deadline acquisitions, but it's a little excessive and I think all the juggling might do more bad than good.

With that said, Hanifin added to that already great defensive core and a great overall defensive team is a huge add and my favorite of theirs. Not saying they don't have the ability to repeat, but those are some questions that are worth asking.

Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad