Pre-Game Talk: After all, tomorrow is another day ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Sheary-McKegg-Wilson
Kuhnhackl-Rowney-Archibald

Please run with these lines.
The problem with having Rust next to those two is that he has similar tendencies to 59 and 87 in the offensive zone where he likes to go behind the goal-line, but unlike those two he hasn't shown the ability to adapt his positioning to his linemates so Rust often just gets in the way and pulls additional defenders towards Crosby.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Because with Botterill gone, the people left are mostly worried about feelings.

The lines are completely consistent with ideas the organisation has used before but no, its all Botterill, because one AGM completely changed the mental make-up of the team that much.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
4-2 Preds

It'll be interesting to see if Bones comes out guns a blazing to prove the Pens wrong for letting him walk. Hopefully not. I just hope the Pens don't allow more than 3 goals.

I don't know why my expectations are so low. I assumed their offensive production would take a big hit after losing all of the forwards but the defensive dumpster is very surprising. I don't think you can blame that on fatigue from the cup runs this early in the season.

Hopefully some roster tweaks come sooner rather than later. It's depressing to see Reaves, Rowney and Kuhnhackl all in the lineup after only 1 injury. Can you imagine what this roster will look like when another good player gets injured?

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
5W8RRn0.gif

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I'm not even mad. I think we should all give the team some leeway for a rough start after all the hockey we have played. Not that angry because we just won back to back stanley ****in cups, if any team deserves a little leeway for a rough start it's clearly the Pens. Obviously games like that should not happen and let bad habits sink in because a winner does not know how to give up buti'm willing to give them a little break right now. It's only game 2 of the regular season, let's move past this game and work on the next one with improvements.

That's the way I'm looking at it. My god, people are losing their minds right now. And now that MAF had a big game last night, it's even worse. I truly despise most of the Pens' fanbase.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Nothing wrong with a little leeway for back 2 back SC champs, but how much leeway is allowed? 10 games? 20 games?
depends what action you are talking about taking. 10 games or so seems fair before feeling desperate for a 3C. Probably about 20 games for some shake up type moves beyond that. Probably about a season for a Kessel type trade. Probably about a year and a half for a coaching change.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The problem with having Rust next to those two is that he has similar tendencies to 59 and 87 in the offensive zone where he likes to go behind the goal-line, but unlike those two he hasn't shown the ability to adapt his positioning to his linemates so Rust often just gets in the way and pulls additional defenders towards Crosby.

These are pretty much the lines at the morning skate except with Reaves playing

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

Atleast Wilson isn't starting on the 4th line. Still want to see Archi in there.

And good to see the pairings switched up to what many thought would be the combinations.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Leeway is just fine. But it's gonna be a particularly long season, I think. And trying to bank some points early on is also crucial as the months tick by.

I can't help but think that the Penguins will be on a bit of a misery/retribution tour for a bit. I'm guessing something like 4-1 Preds, tonight. Which is downright respectable after the last abomination. Bones will pick up a couple points and have a good game. This will not go over well, here. A few posters will wrench their arms out of socket slamming themselves on the back while they wistfully pat their damp eyes with their Nick Bonino jerseys. In between letting all of us know that the season is on the fast train to the toilet for not signing a player who couldn't score a goal for the vast majority of last season without a roadmap and a couple of guys dragging him in the right direction.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I would be shocked at a lopsided loss tonight. Definitely think they bounce back tonight with a victory. There is a lot of character in the room and they were thoroughly embarrassed Thursday. I expect a solid game from them tonight and a win.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
A vast majority on the Preds boards are expecting a strong showing from the Pens tonight, and I'm surprised that so many of you are hesitant. I think everything's stacked against the Preds this game, Rinne's record in Pittsburgh, Pitts are going to be mad about the first 2 games, also given how badly Preds started the year and how Irwin played on the 1st defensive pair.
Hoping for the Preds to win it, but won't be surprised if the Pens correct their sloppy play, as I'm sure all of you believe they will.

Reactions: td_ice

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
A vast majority on the Preds boards are expecting a strong showing from the Pens tonight, and I'm surprised that so many of you are hesitant. I think everything's stacked against the Preds this game, Rinne's record in Pittsburgh, Pitts are going to be mad about the first 2 games, also given how badly they started the year and how Irwin played on the 1st defensive pair.
Hoping for the Preds to win it, but won't be surprised if the Pens correct their sloppy play, as I'm sure all of you believe they will.

Some of us.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Chicago admitted that they were trying to run up the score in post game interviews. I think that the lack of response is what was most telling and galling, and I also at least expect a much higher compete level.

And as much as I slam him, I expect Reaves to be out to make some kind of impact physically tonight. He has been invisible until now and likely will feel the need to make a statement.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
depends what action you are talking about taking. 10 games or so seems fair before feeling desperate for a 3C. Probably about 20 games for some shake up type moves beyond that. Probably about a season for a Kessel type trade. Probably about a year and a half for a coaching change.

I would say the first 10-20 games or at least through December. Not really concerned about Sullivan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad