After 82 games with the Islanders it's time to admit that Doug Weight is elite at coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Did you even read what I wrote?! Doug Weigth has basically turned Tavares back into a star, turned Leddy into a top Dman, and made stars out of Lee, Bailey and Barzal. He's basically turned the whole offense around and the Islanders are only a few wins away from making the playoffs right now. They'll not just make the playoffs this year, but they'll make it past the second round this time!
Well you certainly showed me.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
To be fair, the Isles looked good when they were playing with confidence and scoring a lot of goals. If you look at their record since the coaching change to like ~December this season it’s solid and they beat a lot of good teams. But in December something just happened, couldn’t keep the puck out of their net and since then they were never able to fix it.

Some of it is on the players for sure and that back-end is still terrible so there’s only so much you can do, but it seems like Weight wasn’t able to do really anything.

So yeah it was kinda one and done with him. Adjusting isn’t easy and Doug’s bag of tricks seem empty.

”Elite at coaching” after less than a full year and no playoff games was vintage Mulletman though

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mr Weight may want to teach that Nick Leddy how to play D and how to not run away from contact

Then again if a 3 time cup winning future HOF coach couldn't get Leddy to play different in his own end I doubt Doug "Elite Coach" Weight can

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Mr Weight may want to teach that Nick Leddy how to play D and how to not run away from contact

Then again if a 3 time cup winning future HOF coach couldn't get Leddy to play different in his own end I doubt Doug "Elite Coach" Weight can

Leddy was a -42, Hickey was a +20

Ask any islanders fans and they will tell you that Leddy is the better player and they’d rather have Leddy.

Leddy absolutely can play defense. Does he have some bad moments, sure.

Becarful when looking at plus minus to determine a players skill level or effectiveness.

Reactions: Bleedred

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If this team loses Tavares, what the heck are they going to do? They have to upgrade so much with Tavares, let alone without him.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Leddy was a -42, Hickey was a +20

Ask any islanders fans and they will tell you that Leddy is the better player and they’d rather have Leddy.

Leddy absolutely can play defense. Does he have some bad moments, sure.

Becarful when looking at plus minus to determine a players skill level or effectiveness.
So, you want to resign the Hick and pay him how much per year?
First line minutes, right?
Is that you, Garth?

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Did he pass the elite coach exam. It's about a 7 page exam and starts with rink specs and equipment regulations.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Goes to show that being a good player does not mean being a good coach. I say give him a shot at GM. :P

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
What is it about former Oilers? Its like they carry a curse of mediocrity with them.

If Snow is replaced, Isle fans better hold their breath cause Weight might get a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad