After 2 games...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Lost in how well individual players have performed is how well they play under Mcleans system.

He is the reason our goal scorers are able to output production like they are supposed to and is the reason we get to see offensive flare from the ones we projected to see it from.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's amazing cause Regin was our best forward against Winnipeg too. Goes to show our depth and the role these players know how to play.

Aside from scoring, everyone... EVERYONE on this team has been phenomenal defensively... so far. After a slow game, Phillips was awesome tonight.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Lost in how well individual players have performed is how well they play under Mcleans system.

He is the reason our goal scorers are able to output production like they are supposed to and is the reason we get to see offensive flare from the ones we projected to see it from.

Every player - every single one - appears to go on the ice knowing exactly what they're supposed to do.

That's all Maclean, and it's a thing of beauty.

General Granny*

Smith hit 2 posts, and he has been playing amazing.

Condra should have gotten an assist on that JOB goal solely based on taking that FLA Dman out.

Regin has been great

Philips on the other hand is.......... yeah... I still don't know how he made it this far in the league with his grenade puck handling skills.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I feel like Regin is always snakebitten. Plays well, plays hard, right place and right time, but never puts it in the back of the net.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I personally have never had confidence in Regin and have been floating his name into every trade rumor this team has. I really want his spot to be given to Mark Stone and will not hide this fact.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
IMO, Regin will be getting points eventually. He's really been playing great.

Actually, all our players have really been doing well. Maybe some haven't been getting points, but even without points, they've been playing great defensively.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I personally have never had confidence in Regin and have been floating his name into every trade rumor this team has. I really want his spot to be given to Mark Stone and will not hide this fact.

Not gonna happen for at the very least another year. Regin is the perfect player for a bottom 6 role. Not the gritty type but he is a puck possession player which leads to more time attacking rather than defending. Also he is responsible defensively.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I've love Regin's play these past two games...He's strong on the puck and you can see his confidence and creativity with it. He'll have a great year if he doesn't mess up his shoulder again.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I've love Regin's play these past two games...He's strong on the puck and you can see his confidence and creativity with it. He'll have a great year if he doesn't mess up his shoulder again.

He will have a great year, I just think he deserves to be in a top 9 position, whether it be with the Sens or another team. He is perfect in our bottom 6, but I can't see him resigning here if he plays there the whole year, he will try to cut it somewhere else.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I've never been a big regin fan but he has been playing well. Condra on the other hand is a waste of a roster spot. He's easily got the worst shot in the league, its embarrassing. Muffins. And don't give me this "he's great defensively!!" crap. We've got plently of skilled guys thay can rock the pk. Turris anyone? Condra needs to go, make room for stoner

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've never been a big regin fan but he has been playing well. Condra on the other hand is a waste of a roster spot. He's easily got the worst shot in the league, its embarrassing. Muffins. And don't give me this "he's great defensively!!" crap. We've got plently of skilled guys thay can rock the pk. Turris anyone? Condra needs to go, make room for stoner

Stone still needs time in the AHL, IMO.

Kid just now got promoted to a pseudo-scoring role. Let him deal with that in Bingo this year, then we can see how he looks in training camp in September.

Condra's fine as a role player while we let the kids get some more time in Bingo.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Stone still needs time in the AHL, IMO.

Kid just now got promoted to a pseudo-scoring role. Let him deal with that in Bingo this year, then we can see how he looks in training camp in September.

Condra's fine as a role player while we let the kids get some more time in Bingo.

Agreed. Having the kind of depth where we can leave guys like Zbad and Stone in the AHL to fine tune their game is a really nice luxury to have. No need to rush things along unnecessarily.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
I must admit, with the crop of prospect coming in the last few years, my enthusiasm for Regin had dropped due to his injuries and pretty much not seeing him on the ice.

But its really simple to see his level of impact on this team. Doesn't matter about his current stats, the points will come. I believe (barring any injuries) he's just a few steps away from really putting it together.

General Granny*

Personally I would rather have Hoffman and Dacosta in that spot, players with higher upside could be able to give us another scoring line along with raising their trade value if they show they could produce at the NHL level.

Stone and Zibby are at least a year away from the show.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Condra deserved a point for JOB's goal last night.

Regin is meh, I don't see the hype personally. Good individual player, but seems to have issue finding chemistry with anyone.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I loved how our bottom 2 lines stepped up and regained momentum for us last night after Florida started to take it to us near the end of the game.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I still hope the forward line-up will shake up to be :

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Smith-Regin-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

Or at some point, there's a spot to recall Da Costa

Regin-Da Costa-Neil
Greening-Smith-Condra

It's 2 points in and people talking about Regin's lack of producing points on the fourth line? LOL.

:laugh:

Regin has never been really productive on the 4th line... He produced decently well with offensive players though (like 0.5 ppg : see old Regin threads for more info)

Not gonna happen for at the very least another year. Regin is the perfect player for a bottom 6 role. Not the gritty type but he is a puck possession player which leads to more time attacking rather than defending. Also he is responsible defensively.

"Responsible" is an understatement... Regin is flawless defensively

Condra deserved a point for JOB's goal last night.

Regin is meh, I don't see the hype personally. Good individual player, but seems to have issue finding chemistry with anyone.

O'Brien and Condra really don't have enough skill to play with Regin

You will see when Regin gets an opportunity with better offensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad