After 18 games it has been a Magic Carpet Ride......The next 18 will really tell us what we really have

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Boy, that Ottawa game is a distant memory.

I was expecting a letdown game last night. Far from it. Swayman certainly gave them a boost.

I really hope they lay the wood on Tampa in their two upcoming games. Tampa is starting to win, I'd love to see the B's show some dominance against them in the next two weeks. If they split the rest of the games and take care of business against he likes of Arizona and CBJ, that will be a successful run.

Reactions: sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
@Aussie Bruin

It's November 20th and they already know they are a playoff team.

The tricky part will be on Monty's staff figuring out wear and tear before the real season starts in late April.

I forget again where I posted it, and I believe you posted the article in yet another thread, but Montgomery's emphasis on rest and recuperation, especially given the style of play, is an intelligent and common sense approach to the wear & tear question.

Strap yourselves in, kids. It's going to be an interesting ride.

And don't freak out if they lose a few. Particularly when you're winning, complacency and "cheating" predictably creep into your game.

I also believe you have to lose once in awhile. It keeps you honest, motivated, and aware of what it will take to beat the truly elite clubs.

We'll all be watching closely. Good luck to them.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We usually start slow but no matter what kick it into gear around Thanksgiving the entire Bergeron era the Bruins do well late Nov-December. We aren't slowing down anytime soon.

How are the Devils only 1 game behind us in the race for the President's?

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Currently we have the 32nd strength of schedule

The easiest in the league

There will definitely be some up and downs during this difficult stretch but I’m ready for the iron of the league
It does feel like they've had an easy schedule so far. Like at least 3 times we've had teams coming in on 6+ game losing streaks.

What I will say though is that they're taking care of business against the teams they should. Other Bruins teams would've let points slip away in some of these games like Pittsburgh and Minnesota in past years.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Right now they’re like Rocky at the beginning montage of Rocky 3.

We’ll see how they hold up against Mr. T.
yYT7ytuZpJjG0.gif

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

If someone can provide the rest of Conor Ryan's analysis of Jim Montgomery's system, much appreciated,

✌️😎

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What the B's are doing is just historic

The 2019 Lightning, who were the best regular season team in recent memory, had 7 losses at this point in the season

The 1996 Red Wings, who had the most points in the modern era, had 5 losses at this point.

The 1977 Habs, who had the most points ever, had 4 losses at this point

We have 2.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What the B's are doing is just historic

The 2019 Lightning, who were the best regular season team in recent memory, had 7 losses at this point in the season

The 1996 Red Wings, who had the most points in the modern era, had 5 losses at this point.

The 1977 Habs, who had the most points ever, had 4 losses at this point

We have 2.
Astonishing

1669112300056.png

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Watched the Dangle vid. Is the B's prospect pool really that thin ?
Dom T. posts prospect numbers, and several seem to be playing very well.
Can't remember names, but they seem to have decent pipeline for Goalies and forwards.
Can't remember any D'men other than Lohrei in the pipeline.

Still think they should try to improve the D. They have Reilly, Smith, and then the D'man they choose to
ship out that they can use as trade bait. Love a 3 - 1 deal, where B's get the 1 and he's a good one.
Come on Donnie. 1 more great trade.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Watched the Dangle vid. Is the B's prospect pool really that thin ?
Dom T. posts prospect numbers, and several seem to be playing very well.
Can't remember names, but they seem to have decent pipeline for Goalies and forwards.
Can't remember any D'men other than Lohrei in the pipeline.

Still think they should try to improve the D. They have Reilly, Smith, and then the D'man they choose to
ship out that they can use as trade bait. Love a 3 - 1 deal, where B's get the 1 and he's a good one.
Come on Donnie. 1 more great trade.

You can't say they didn't try to improve the D... might cost Cam and Donny their jobs but they tried.

Lohrei isn't exactly raising his stock big guys take longer I'm not panicking but hes not skyrocketing up prospect rankings. He's not going straight into the lineup when his NCAA season ends this year though and people were sort of predicting that somewhat recently.

I think the top 5 D men are locked in stone this year and next. I'm not huge on Gryz but considering the team mutinied when he was scratched last season by Butch he can't be traded if you want to recruit Bergeron back in the summer. I don't see Carlo or Forbort moving what are we going to get other than cap room? You don't move either when the cupboard is bare. Carlo makes sense to move in the summer I just don't see it happening.

Zboril is here for his contract as 6/7 D. Clifton is going to make too much on his next deal. We might make 2 John Moore signings where we give depth guys term to get their cap hits in the 2 mil range. We like to have 8-9 guys we feel OK with. Expect the group to just get older again we tried to sign a 20 year old D man that was NHL ready or close to it on a minimum ELC deal and it ended up being one of the biggest PR blunders in the history of the NHL.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

What lies ahead

The next 18 which ends the calendar year offers 10 more home games and the first of 3 trips out west. They will play both Vegas and Colorado home and home and two in Newark 5 days apart with 2 back to backs sandwiched around Christmas.

Obviously, they won't go 16-2 in the next 18 but 12-6 or 13-5 looks doable.

12-2-4 is how it played out :)

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
You can't say they didn't try to improve the D... might cost Cam and Donny their jobs but they tried.

Lohrei isn't exactly raising his stock big guys take longer I'm not panicking but hes not skyrocketing up prospect rankings. He's not going straight into the lineup when his NCAA season ends this year though and people were sort of predicting that somewhat recently.

I think the top 5 D men are locked in stone this year and next. I'm not huge on Gryz but considering the team mutinied when he was scratched last season by Butch he can't be traded if you want to recruit Bergeron back in the summer. I don't see Carlo or Forbort moving what are we going to get other than cap room? You don't move either when the cupboard is bare. Carlo makes sense to move in the summer I just don't see it happening.

Zboril is here for his contract as 6/7 D. Clifton is going to make too much on his next deal. We might make 2 John Moore signings where we give depth guys term to get their cap hits in the 2 mil range. We like to have 8-9 guys we feel OK with. Expect the group to just get older again we tried to sign a 20 year old D man that was NHL ready or close to it on a minimum ELC deal and it ended up being one of the biggest PR blunders in the history of the NHL.
Yeah, they should've snuck it through in the off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad