After 18 games it has been a Magic Carpet Ride......The next 18 will really tell us what we really have

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

How we got here

Screenshot 2022-11-20 012139.png

11 home games, only two back-to-backs and we have played quite a few teams going nowhere. However, this team has not had the home stinker that we have been accustomed to.

What lies ahead

The next 18 which ends the calendar year offers 10 more home games and the first of 3 trips out west. They will play both Vegas and Colorado home and home and two in Newark 5 days apart with 2 back to backs sandwiched around Christmas.

Obviously, they won't go 16-2 in the next 18 but 12-6 or 13-5 looks doable.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 012332.png

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm ready to see the Bruins be properly tested and I think the players are too. Yeah they're not going to win them all but I back them to hold their own and keep banking consistent points.

The 3 pairs of quick turnaround home/home games against quality opponents and the 2 in New Jersey each side of Christmas are going to be fun. A chance to build a little heat and rivalry across a couple of contests. Bring it on.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm ready to see the Bruins be properly tested and I think the players are too. Yeah they're not going to win them all but I back them to hold their own and keep banking consistent points.

The 3 pairs of quick turnaround home/home games against quality opponents and the 2 in New Jersey each side of Christmas are going to be fun. A chance to build a little heat and rivalry across a couple of contests. Bring it on.
@Aussie Bruin

It's November 20th and they already know they are a playoff team.

The tricky part will be on Monty's staff figuring out wear and tear before the real season starts in late April.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin

The tricky part will be on Monty's staff figuring out wear and tear before the real season starts in late April.

For sure. One of the good things about a hot start is it gives you options about how to handle the back half of the season, unless too many injuries get in the way. Typically you'll want to cool off just a little through the middle stretch (not too much - we saw what happened when the Yankees went ice cold half-way through the MLB season and never really recovered) and manage your players' minutes well, and then heat up again for the last month or so while ideally still giving your stars a game or two off in the final week.

Once playoff G1 starts, nothing that went before matters, so you just want to be in the best possible shape when that first postseason puck drops.

Reactions: Gordoff and PaulD

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Right now it’s all icing on the cake for me. I did not expect them to have this record with all the injuries to start the season. Tough stretch coming up, but their play so far has alleviated so much pressure.

Reactions: Gordoff

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

How we got here

View attachment 610355

11 home games, only two back-to-backs and we have played quite a few teams going nowhere. However, this team has not the home stinker that we have been accustomed to.

What lies ahead

The next 18 which ends the calendar year offers 10 more home games and the first of 3 trips out west. They will play both Vegas and Colorado home and home and two in Newark 5 days apart with 2 back to backs sandwiched around Christmas.

View attachment 610356

Wow ! Gonna be a great 6 weeks !

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
@Aussie Bruin

Unfortunately no cap space to sit guys and call up yutes later in the season (at least not for the moment.)

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Even if they go 9-9, that gets them to 50 points by NYE.

I don‘t think anyone had 50 by then last year, aside from Florida, maybe?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Just enjoying the ride so far never thought with the injuries they had that they would have done anywhere near what they have.I tend to be all about the playoffs,I’m enjoying this season it’s been great obviously,they won’t keep this pace up .This season I’m really kind of waiting for the playoffs it might be the last kick at the cat ,sorry I love cats .Lol

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Have to anticipate some bumps in the road coming up and that is to the good. This team will face some adversity and will be the better for it.

IMO this team is exciting enough right now that the big question is what parts we need to really go for it in the playoffs. The next 6 weeks or so will go a long way to helping identify those areas.

Good teams take advantage of games against generally weaker opponents. Dare I say really good teams absolutely dominate against generally weaker opponents.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Have to anticipate some bumps in the road coming up and that is to the good. This team will face some adversity and will be the better for it.

IMO this team is exciting enough right now that the big question is what parts we need to really go for it in the playoffs. The next 6 weeks or so will go a long way to helping identify those areas.

Good teams take advantage of games against generally weaker opponents. Dare I say really good teams absolutely dominate against generally weaker opponents.
This.
It’s along season. I’ll just enjoy it and won’t make any predictions. Its a very long season and injuries and lulls happen.

Reactions: Number8

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There's strangeness and surprises in the standings so far. Hard to know to a good degree just by looking at the standings who is legit and who is not. Things are starting to sort themselves out slowly but surely.

Pre-season I had the stretch between 11/21 - 12/19 as being crucial. I was hoping the Bs would enter that stretch at least .500. Getting Marchy and Charlie back earlier than expected has combined with the stupid great start by the Bs in making this upcoming stretch not horribly crucial in making the playoffs. While I expect the Bs to be well over .500 during this period of games, even .500 wouldn't be close to a disaster.

I knew NJ was going to be improved, but I had no idea they would be 15-3 improved. Makes the initial tough stretch I mentioned earlier extended by a week since the Bs play them twice in late Dec.

Only 3 of the next 17 games are against sub-.500 teams. The vast majority of the games are in fact against teams in the top 3 in their respective divisions. Things are about to get real. I'm pumped beyond belief to see how the Bs fare.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Just enjoying the ride so far never thought with the injuries they had that they would have done anywhere near what they have.I tend to be all about the playoffs,I’m enjoying this season it’s been great obviously,they won’t keep this pace up .This season I’m really kind of waiting for the playoffs it might be the last kick at the cat ,sorry I love cats .Lol
Derek Sanderson's second favorite expression. ...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
More concerned about injuries

But when you finally play as the hammer instead of the nail, you certainly start to see those injuries happen less frequently
100 percent. You think twice when you know you’ll have ten guys on you instead of the old Cassidy way of head down, skate back to the bench and hopefully get a power play. Bruins on pace to basically double their fighting majors this season. I looked at Vegas. 2 fights in 19 games.

• Haha
Reactions: KnightofBoston

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
We’ll see how they do, not too concerned. I do think a little struggle/rough patch at somepoint will be good for them to work through. Don’t want them breezing thru the season.

I think they can beat any team in the league though, just stay healthy.

Reactions: Number8

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
My guess

10-5-3

Teams like Avs, TBL, Panthers, Canes don't suck on the PP. Bruins need to try to prevent/minimize unnecessary penalties

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

How we got here

View attachment 610355

11 home games, only two back-to-backs and we have played quite a few teams going nowhere. However, this team has not the home stinker that we have been accustomed to.

What lies ahead

View attachment 610356

some real good teams out there but I would suspect many of those teams will be saying to themselves that they are the one`s who are about to be tested by playing the league`s top team

This edition of the B`s now has 4 lines, all can hurt you a bit offensively, play an in your face aggressive style that many teams so far have shown they can handle for 20-40 minutes but simply can`t for 60, solid between the pipes

Listen, this team isn`t going to win em` all, they`ll have some dips in play, this start gives them the luxury to absorb those down moments. I`m not scared of playing on team in this league, those teams should be the one`s afraid and if you had of suggested to me prior to the season that this would be the scenario, I`d tell ya to hop in the car, I`m taking you to an AA meeting:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad