NFL: AFC playoff race

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Steelers clearly fine with Browns making the playoffs.

I gotta think the Bills will lean towards resting or at least only give 1-2 drives to their starters now.

Tough breaks for the Colts. Their hopes appear to be down to can the Texans and Watson exploit that shaky Titans secondary enough times to win?

Browns practiced only on Friday and they had a positive test from a coach yesterday I believe. So, see how many of their guys from last week come off the Covid reserve list. They hardly practiced this week, so that will be a negative impact on them. Rudolph is playing for his future as he didn't impress with Big Ben out last season.

For Miami, weather in Buffalo isn't horrible compared to what it could be. Pretty tame day today for them. So, weather should not impact this game. Up to Tua as Fitz is out due to Covid. Some starters for Buffalo being rested. And Buffalo likely to be more conservative with Allen running the ball. I would take him out pretty quickly.

Amazing how much that Hail Murray impacts this week.

If Buffalo won that game, this game vs Miami would be meaningless as they would be #2 as they would be 1 win ahead of Pitt now, and hold the tie-breaker. Pitt would be locked in at #3. So, both teams would be resting more starters. Giving an edge to Cle and Mia to get in. For AZ, a loss in that game would put them out of the playoffs this week already. Chi holds the tie-breaker over them, so they would be in, same with the Rams. So, NFC WC teams would have been decided already. Just seeding left. And the NFC East division winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad