NFL: AFC Divisional Round: (2) New England Patriots vs (5) Kansas City Chiefs

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This game was boring. The final score makes you think it was close but it never felt that way and the differences of where these teams are showed. NE made plays in the money zone. KC didn't until it was too late and clock management oh my god. Brady almost gave them life late. This game was never in doubt for me really. Smith is just not good enough or intelligent enough when it matters. He's just another Elvis Grbac Chiefs type. They were able to run the ball with some success but it felt like they abandoned it. The D couldn't do much unless Edelman was dropping passes. Maybe the score wasn't what I expected but the game played like I thought. NE pretty much in control and never really on alert.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I think this game shows the NFL has a long way to go on concussion rules.

Brady had that awesome run (at about 1:50 of the YT) and when he's getting at the goal line, he takes a shot to the back of the head. It's not Case Keenum bad, but it seems the spotter should have issued a medical timeout and pulled Brady out of the game to undergo concussion testing... it wouldn't change the outcome of the game, but its terrible how the NFL talks player safety and doesn't follow through.

The spotters have just done a terrible job this year.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I think this game shows the NFL has a long way to go on concussion rules.

Brady had that awesome run (at about 1:50 of the YT) and when he's getting at the goal line, he takes a shot to the back of the head. It's not Case Keenum bad, but it seems the spotter should have issued a medical timeout and pulled Brady out of the game to undergo concussion testing... it wouldn't change the outcome of the game, but its terrible how the NFL talks player safety and doesn't follow through.

The spotters have just done a terrible job this year.

I seriously don't get this -- this is the 2nd or 3rd time I heard a fan complaining about this play, and Brady shows zero signs of concussion. He pops right up, walks normally around to talk to the ref, and argue that it was a TD. Not every head shot deserves an intervention.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
I seriously don't get this -- this is the 2nd or 3rd time I heard a fan complaining about this play, and Brady shows zero signs of concussion. He pops right up, walks normally around to talk to the ref, and argue that it was a TD. Not every head shot deserves an intervention.

Agreed. People are really grasping at straws here on this one

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Just a Bills fan trying to cause a controversy where there is none. Just ignore them.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Just a Bills fan trying to cause a controversy where there is none. Just ignore them.

No controversy. I wanted the Pats to beat the Chiefs. If Brady did go out, they're on the 1 inch line and Jimmy G would have put the ball in like Brady. Brady would have been back next series. Nothing really changes in the game.

I just think it shows the NFL isn't as serious about head issues as they want to be. I think if the NFL is series about head issues, when a player has a hard hit to the head, you at least have a trainer out there to see if he has any concussion symptoms. If not, the player can stay in the game like nothing happened.

It wouldn't have hurt the Pats at all to have a trainer go double check Brady before the next play. Just like when Amendola hit Flemming, Flemming should have got checked out by the doctors (I forget if he did).

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
New England's offensive line played a great game, and it's why they won imo. Sutton refused to dial up the blitzes and KC's front 4 couldn't get to Brady. Not sure how they thought they could win by giving Brady 5 seconds in the pocket, but kudos to the line.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Brady absolutely should not have been pulled. Maybe if he shows even the slightest sign of anything but he didn't, he was acting like a lunatic on the sideline getting hyped with McDaniels during the ensuing challenge.

Talk about looking for something that just isn't there.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Brady absolutely should not have been pulled. Maybe if he shows even the slightest sign of anything but he didn't, he was acting like a lunatic on the sideline getting hyped with McDaniels during the ensuing challenge.

Talk about looking for something that just isn't there.

Not even talking about pulling him. They had a stoppage for the review, how hard would it have been for a trainer to go over there and say, hey Tom...I noticed you took a hard snot to your head, mind if I check your eyes quick.

Could have been checked out before the challenge was even over.

It's not a Pats or a Brady thing. It's an NFL isn't doing their job thing. If any player takes a shot to the head, the league should have something that allows for them to check the player fast, without pulling him, like a medical timeout. (I think the only way a policy like that would be effective is if you guarantee an ok player isn't pulled).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If the guy is pacing the sideline like a maniac and is completely coherent it's a complete and total non issue

If you think everybody who has any contact to their head should get checked then you also think the lineman should be checked basically on every play. Missing the Keenum concussion was horrendous and they can definitely be better at their jobs, but to complain about the Brady play is a little preposterous to me- Especially when it's clear he had 100% of his faculties. I'm sure somebody came up to him and asked if he was alright during the stoppage anyway.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Not even talking about pulling him. They had a stoppage for the review, how hard would it have been for a trainer to go over there and say, hey Tom...I noticed you took a hard snot to your head, mind if I check your eyes quick.

Could have been checked out before the challenge was even over.

It's not a Pats or a Brady thing. It's an NFL isn't doing their job thing. If any player takes a shot to the head, the league should have something that allows for them to check the player fast, without pulling him, like a medical timeout. (I think the only way a policy like that would be effective is if you guarantee an ok player isn't pulled).

Hard for me to not think its a Brady/Patriots thing given the situation lol

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Hard for me to not think its a Brady/Patriots thing given the situation lol

Him getting checked out would have no impact on the game. It either would have been done when he was going crazy with McDaniels or at worst Jimmy G makes a 1 in run for a TD, Chiefs get the ball and Brady is back in before missing another snap.

You can't deny Brady took a shot to the head. A Chief had a running start and had a helmet to helmet hit to the head. Those kind of hits should be checked out.

I don't know how anyone can argue that if one player has a running start and launches his helmet into the back of another players helmet initiating helmet to helmet contact that the players in question should at least be looked at quick. Especially in a league that is getting sued all the time for concussion issues.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
because the guy was clearly 100% fine and probably did get asked if he was alright on the sideline off camera anyway, that's how

I don't remember people making a stink about **** like this when the hundreds of other players were hit high and ended up being alright this season...

And you act as if giving Jimmy G a snap in the post season in a critical situation is no big deal- it's no gimme he gets in from 1. I'd prefer the mortal lock and GOAT, thank you very much

bWo*

Him getting checked out would have no impact on the game. It either would have been done when he was going crazy with McDaniels or at worst Jimmy G makes a 1 in run for a TD, Chiefs get the ball and Brady is back in before missing another snap.

You can't deny Brady took a shot to the head. A Chief had a running start and had a helmet to helmet hit to the head. Those kind of hits should be checked out.

I don't know how anyone can argue that if one player has a running start and launches his helmet into the back of another players helmet initiating helmet to helmet contact that the players in question should at least be looked at quick. Especially in a league that is getting sued all the time for concussion issues.

You're arguing for the sake of an argument. He was 100%

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Nice to have a fully functioning pass attack back. Props to the O-Line, they were the real MVP this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad