NFL: AFC Divisional Round: (1) Denver Broncos vs (6) Pittsburgh Steelers

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Steelers have only attempted 11 onside kicks in 8 1/2 years?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If it ends up being Denver keep in mind Brady is 2-3 in 5 career road playoff starts (Bledsoe was played most of the game in one of them though as Brady was relieved early).

Fun fact: Pats haven't played a road playoff game since the AFC Title choke job against the Colts. That was 9 years ago!

Pats played Denver in the 2013 AFC championship game.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Injuries are an excuse for losers. Pittsburgh had that game and Toussaint ****ed it all up. Then the defense gave the game to Denver on a silver ****ing platter. Heads better ****ing roll.

But... thanks Denver for allowing us to escape the ass-kicking the Cheatriots are going to dish-out on their way to another Super Bowl.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
Time to regroup and prepare for NE.

GG Steelers. I thought Ben gave his team a chance despite being injured. Would rather have played you healthy but then I'm not sure if we win.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Injuries are an excuse for losers. Pittsburgh had that game and Toussaint ****ed it all up. Then the defense gave the game to Denver on a silver ****ing platter. Heads better ****ing roll.

The defense gave up 1 TD all game...unfortunately it was at a terrible time...but overall did you really expect them to do better than they did? The only complaint I have with the D is they didn;t force a turnover.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The defense gave up 1 TD all game...unfortunately it was at a terrible time...but overall did you really expect them to do better than they did? The only complaint I have with the D is they didn;t force a turnover.

I honestly didn't (I said before that I would be happy if they covered the spread, and they did) but then they went into the 4th quarter with the lead and gave me ****ing hope. :laugh:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I honestly didn't until they went into the 4th quarter with the lead and gave me ****ing hope. :laugh:

They did the same thing against Cincy...their D isn't good enough to keep a good team down for 60 minutes...I figured it was only a matter of time before they got into the endzone. I actually thought the D played really well in both games (relatively speaking of course)...definitely made me optimistic for next year, especially if they can shore up their secondary (but I have been waiting for that for years haha).

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA

Yeah....I thought when Ben aired out that first pass, I was like damn, so much for having 0 long game....But Wheaton being #1 receiver didn't help...he dropped quite a few passes.

We gave them the game in the 4th.

But rather lose now than get stomped by NE.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Still think they should have kicked that long FG earlier rather than punted...that and the fumble (obviously) really hurt them.

eh, I disagree. it would of been a 52 yard attempt in windy conditions. if its 40 or 42 yards sure, go for it. kick the ball away and continue to play the field position game. The defense was playing very well up until that point.
The fumble sucked. no question about it.
The Steelers fought hard all game. I felt the d was worn out late in the 4th quarter that was evident in the winning TD drive.
The Steelers D gave it everything they had. Would of been nice to make a few more plays on offense but it is what it is.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
good game Steelers Fans

I had a strange feeling the Steelers were gonna throw deep on that 1st pass of the game.

You got a hell of a competitor in Ben. I am sure that guy took an injection and is sore as all hell tonight on the plane ride back.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
eh, I disagree. it would of been a 52 yard attempt in windy conditions. if its 40 or 42 yards sure, go for it. kick the ball away and continue to play the field position game. The defense was playing very well up until that point.
The fumble sucked. no question about it.
The Steelers fought hard all game. I felt the d was worn out late in the 4th quarter that was evident in the winning TD drive.
The Steelers D gave it everything they had. Would of been nice to make a few more plays on offense but it is what it is.

Agreed with everything here.

Worth noting that the 52 yard attempt would represent a career long for Boswell with 20 MPH wind going against/across him. In a game that close I have no problem with playing it safe in that situation. Now if Denver is in that situation you have to kick it because McManus's leg is strong enough to hit just about anything within reason, but Boswell has your more standard 50/51 yard range in standard conditions. Denver was getting great field position all game and this was a chance to peg them...or a missed field goal puts them right by midfield yet again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad