NFL GDT: AFC Championship Game: (1) Denver Broncos vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
FS_6PM_NFL_12416_IF_Brady_loses_1453678379168.jpg

Brady sucks in Denver.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

And that's why "every team has injuries" is not a valid comeback to Pats fans complaining about being injured this year.

I have a tough time pinning anything on Brady. Maybe the Miller pick, but that's probably it. I thought he was great in the second half and the fact he was still standing in there and getting mollywhopped making the throws he was towards the end is a testament to how tough the guy really is. People can call him Crybrady all they want, but for a guy that got hit on what seemed like every play there wasn't a lot of begging for a call. I guess that doesn't fit people's false narrative though. Credit to the D though, that is exactly how you beat Brady. Keep rushing 3 or 4 and get home and there's a good chance of victory (although I'm sure that goes for most QBs).

Last edited:

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Brady sucks in AFC Championship games for the most part. This was his 10th game, and I think his 7th with a QB rating under 85. Obviously doesn't tell everything, but yeah, AFCCG struggles for Brady are fairly common for whatever reason.

Probably because you have some of the best competition in the league

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
And that's why "every team has injuries" is not a valid comeback to Pats fans complaining about being injured this year.

The Pats had an unlucky year due to injuries, it's a part of the game. Last year they got off pretty easy on the injury front. Seattle fans didn't whine (too much) about how injured their team was, and they nearly won the Super Bowl

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Pats had an unlucky year due to injuries, it's a part of the game. Last year they got off pretty easy on the injury front. Seattle fans didn't whine (too much) about how injured their team was, and they nearly won the Super Bowl

Oh no doubt, you have to be lucky to win the super bowl. Once you get down towards the end of the season all of the teams are typically pretty close to each other (final 4-8 or so) it's just a bounce here or an injury there that decides things. The pats could have lost last year just like they could have won in 2007. That chart just speaks to both the man games lost and the quality of player, and it's impressive to me they finished 13-5 with all of that. That's all. Not whining, just facts. They were the most beat up team this year by far. They lost players for the most amount of time and they also lost the best players. Not a great combo. Just helps put into perspective that it wasn't the Patriots year. (And it also shows that "every team has injuries" is a stupid comeback, because no **** everybody has injuries- they just don't have injuries to players of that quality so frequently).

*i am in no way saying the Pats win at full strength Sunday, that pass rush is probably getting to Brady even with Solder. They were just so dominant. I'm just saying that when you look at the Pats season as a whole it is incredibly impressive (to me at least) what they accomplished. I guess that's just Tom and Bill though, as long as they are fine the Pats are gonna be relatively ok

Last edited:

bWo*

That chart just speaks to both the man games lost and the quality of player, and it's impressive to me they finished 13-5 with all of that. That's all. Not whining, just facts.

This is why I posted that stat. The fight this team had was amazing and to finish the way it did is impressive. The heart that the team showed was unbelievable. We lost on the field and there's no excuses there, we were outplayed by denver

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
As I said yesterday, I am cheering for the Broncos in the SB. Hate them, but respect them. Can't stand Cam Newton's schtick.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I wish Manning gets his second ring and rides into the sunset.

I never thought I would.cheer.for Manning in a SB :laugh:

I thought I could cheer for the Panthers because.it.would be against Denver... but I.just can't. Incredible.team, but everything about them rubs.me the.wrong way.

You're a good guy :)

If we lose, I'm coming for you though. Be prepared lol.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

C.J. Anderson Reveals Classy Message Tom Brady Gave Him After AFC Title Game

"I know a lot of people hate this man but man when he was pick 199 and was over look he inspired me I was undrafted and over came all the odds so bless what he told me at the end of this game. He said "CJ way to fight and prove everybody wrong you belong in this league and your one hell of a player I love the way you run keep climbing to be great" those words meant so much growing up watching Tom overcame I'm proud to say I'm 3-2 vs his teams and proud to say I get to battle him every year. Thanks Tom for telling me those words they will stick and I know a lot of people don't like you but I have MAD RESPECT. Thanks I see you overcome as others in this league and now it's my turn."

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

C.J. Anderson Reveals Classy Message Tom Brady Gave Him After AFC Title Game

"I know a lot of people hate this man but man when he was pick 199 and was over look he inspired me I was undrafted and over came all the odds so bless what he told me at the end of this game. He said "CJ way to fight and prove everybody wrong you belong in this league and your one hell of a player I love the way you run keep climbing to be great" those words meant so much growing up watching Tom overcame I'm proud to say I'm 3-2 vs his teams and proud to say I get to battle him every year. Thanks Tom for telling me those words they will stick and I know a lot of people don't like you but I have MAD RESPECT. Thanks I see you overcome as others in this league and now it's my turn."

Loved reading that. Nice to see the class and respect these guys have for each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad