TV: Adventure Time

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
It's been awhile but has Finn's dad been shown before? I got the vibe that he was only pretending to be Finn's dad to escape. Wiki seems certain about it though

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
It's been awhile but has Finn's dad been shown before? I got the vibe that he was only pretending to be Finn's dad to escape. Wiki seems certain about it though
He wasn't shown before.

They spent months saying it was his dad so it would be pretty lame if it wasn't.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

They showed his outline in the season 5 finale. That was it. He was supposed to be shown in the season 4 finale but they changed that for some reason.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
He wasn't shown before.

They spent months saying it was his dad so it would be pretty lame if it wasn't.
But weren't they just saying that it was Someone who was there or did they mention him by name?

Maybe I'm just thinking that cause something like that would happen in other shows. Of course adventure time is different :P

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
But weren't they just saying that it was Someone who was there or did they mention him by name?

Maybe I'm just thinking that cause something like that would happen in other shows. Of course adventure time is different :P

Billy only called Finn's dad "Dad the Human" and not Martin.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA

The advertising was literally "MEET FINN'S DAD NEXT EPISODE."

I mean the guy was a dick so it's natural to hope for better for Finn but nope this is Adventure Time and that was the dude. Life's like that sometimes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This show is hilarious and awesome and there is no way kids pick up on most of the stuff going on in each episode. The weird part is people my age watch this and told me to check it out because it was funny and well, interesting.

I binge watched all 5 seasons and caught up to season 6 in a week and a bit. I think my fav character is Ice King/Simon, it's so tragic, also his character changed after a while to someone you kind of feel sorry for, a cooler Milhouse but interesting.

And of course, Fin.

It was neat to find out that Jake is some alien hybrid born from a bump on the head, lol. Also, Jake's mom's weapon room had a pokemon ball in it and a pair of random scissors.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
This show is hilarious and awesome and there is no way kids pick up on most of the stuff going on in each episode. The weird part is people my age watch this and told me to check it out because it was funny and well, interesting.

I binge watched all 5 seasons and caught up to season 6 in a week and a bit. I think my fav character is Ice King/Simon, it's so tragic, also his character changed after a while to someone you kind of feel sorry for, a cooler Milhouse but interesting.

And of course, Fin.

It was neat to find out that Jake is some alien hybrid born from a bump on the head, lol. Also, Jake's mom's weapon room had a pokemon ball in it and a pair of random scissors.

So glad there's another fan on here.

There's many things hidden throughout the show, like the waving snail every episode.

My favorite funny episode might be Candy Streets. My favorite serious episode... the one where Finn meets his dad?

tumblr_mp2s64PnzM1rkiy6bo2_500.gif

tumblr_n4i4geAxh41rhy0ejo3_500.jpg

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Bumping this old topic because today's episode was pretty heavy handed.

John DiMaggio as usual, but the episode also had Billy West. So there were 4 Adventure Time characters with Futurama voices today: Bender, Fry, Farnsworth, and Brannigan. :laugh:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I definitely noticed Fry and the Professor in that episode. He didn't change their voices at all

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fry's voice is hard not to pick up also Prof. Farnsworth...it was nice to hear those voices again. I think the dude that does Jake's voice was Bender right? So it felt comfortable.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Saw a thread existed. Anyone watch the finale tonight (and the episodes all week).

A ton happened this week (we finally know what Gunther is and why Magic Man is such an *******), but I guess I was expecting a bit more with the comet considering all the build up.

Also I think Jake's croak dream happened off camera.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Heh, I just found this show a few weeks ago. I'm a few eps into Season 6 so I'm no help, but I'm loving the show. I need a Finn hoodie, or at least that blue shirt with Jake in the pocket.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Saw a thread existed. Anyone watch the finale tonight (and the episodes all week).

A ton happened this week (we finally know what Gunther is and why Magic Man is such an *******), but I guess I was expecting a bit more with the comet considering all the build up.

Also I think Jake's croak dream happened off camera.

The finale was great. Set up so many things:

[spoil]1. We now know where Finn came from, and some his god-like powers.
2. Finn's dad is now cosmic dust, which will no doubt become important later on.
3. Likewise, having Betty gain Magic Man's MMS will probably be a big story in later episodes.
4. Finally, and most importantly, PB's no longer in charge of the Candy Kingdom.[/spoil]

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Magic Man and Martin are both such ****** people. :laugh:

Gunther. Good to finally know why Marceline's dad said that he was the most evil thing he ever encountered.

King of Ooo, I don't really remember much about him.

I'm going to have to read up on these last episodes.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
King of Ooo is a great character, simply because he shows how simple-minded the candy people are. A few kind words here and there and the candy people were more than willing to stage a coup against the person who literally created them.

Plus, he had a great line in the finale. "Well, I've been leader for less than four hours and society has already collapsed."

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
The finale was good. I thought the rest of the episodes this week were terrible though, needed more Finn and Jake. Finn's dad and a King of Ooo are such terrible characters; worse than Tree Trunks.

Water Park Pranks last week though was one of the best this season. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Magic Man and Martin are both such ****** people. :laugh:

Gunther. Good to finally know why Marceline's dad said that he was the most evil thing he ever encountered.

King of Ooo, I don't really remember much about him.

I'm going to have to read up on these last episodes.

I think he has only been in two other episodes. One was this season "Gold Stars" where he messes with Sweet P and it goes extremely poorly considering who Sweet P really is. (fun fact this episode Oraglorg's true form is shown in a quick background shot for the first time).

Edit: I just realized that it might of been Gunther's fault that PB lost her election. Rewatching Hoots, he went into one of PB's dreams with the cosmic owl and apparently the dreams always come true with the cosmic owl is in the dream.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The finale was good. I thought the rest of the episodes this week were terrible though, needed more Finn and Jake. Finn's dad and a King of Ooo are such terrible characters; worse than Tree Trunks.

Water Park Pranks last week though was one of the best this season. :laugh:

Nah, Finn's dad was great, especially in the finale. He's the penultimate deadbeat dad, and his tendencies were just another piece of the overlying arc of "Going with the flow."

Orgalorg told Finn and Jake that he was just "going through open doors," and even in PB's croak dream, he (as the female bird) told the Cosmic Owl that he wasn't sure why he had to push PB off her throne, but "it felt like the right thing to do."

Martin (Finn's Dad) has the same philosophy. He goes with the flow, but as soon as things become too serious, he bails. He's not a bad guy, but (using his own words), he's "burned too many bridges" to turn back, so he has to keep going forward. Even when he tries to do the right thing (as he did with Martin JR), it becomes screwed up and he's forced to bail.

Finn is similar to his dad, as shown in the finale. He's floating listlessly in space, but rather than panic, he accepts that the universe put himself in that position for a reason. It's only after he realizes this that he realizes why Martin can't give him a good reason why he left. And he accepts that in the end.

Luckily, Finn also showed he's different than his father, as when Finn was given the opportunity to "bail" on Ooo by the comet being, he decided to stick around and live his "fleshy life." Martin, of course, jumps at the comet's offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad