Adult League Hockey Tournaments

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
http://drafttournament.com announced a Toronto Tourney a month or so ago... their first jersey was released yesterday! Fitting jersey theme for Toronto!

yZWPDb6l.jpg

Pretty funny

I'm actually thinking I might register for this...
Downside is it coincides with the final week of my rec league games :(

Also noticed that the page that they're taking CC info on isn't https... :facepalm:

Last edited:

ekm01

Sep 24, 2014
I started playing hockey about 2.5-3 years ago, just been playing in leagues. Last weekend, i played in my first tournament which was the Anaheim Ducks Throwback Classic. I played Division D, which was i think was upper bronze/lower silver. It was fun, we played 4 games in 3 days, and unfortunately didnt make the playoffs. It was a fun experience, looking forward to playing in more tourneys!

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
just signed up for the drafttournament even in Toronto at the end of the month. Will be flying up from NYC. Let me know if any of you guys will be in town

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
HAHA! We did end up on the same team! Had a blast bro!

Crazy. Tournament was an absolute blast. Trying to go through my calendar and see if there's a way I can get to Canmore, I'll try to bring some more guys along with me (if there are still spots available then).

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
I just signed up of my first tourney. Signed up for D level. It may or may not be a step below what I'm used to at pick up but I've only been skating for 16 months and I've never played a "real" hockey game in my life. Its in 2 weeks and Im super stoked!!!!!!

nickerjones

Jun 29, 2008
Calgary Alberta
I just signed up of my first tourney. Signed up for D level. It may or may not be a step below what I'm used to at pick up but I've only been skating for 16 months and I've never played a "real" hockey game in my life. Its in 2 weeks and Im super stoked!!!!!!

Just go into with the attitude of you're getting a chance to play the game you love all weekend. It will be all good! Have a blast man! :yo:

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Want to revive this thread to see if there are any other tournaments other than draft tournament?

I noticed hockeyweekend as a good place.

Looking for places in USA. We're an Ontario team, so we prefer tournaments that provide hotel deals as well!

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Want to revive this thread to see if there are any other tournaments other than draft tournament?

I noticed hockeyweekend as a good place.

Looking for places in USA. We're an Ontario team, so we prefer tournaments that provide hotel deals as well!

The one I did for Vegas has one in the fall for Vegas as well as one in Arizona (not sure of that timetable).

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
just signed up for the drafttournament even in Toronto at the end of the month. Will be flying up from NYC. Let me know if any of you guys will be in town

I'll be there !!!! :handclap:

Nice, perhaps we'll end up on the same team. Look like these tourneys are a lot of fun.

HAHA! We did end up on the same team! Had a blast bro!

I'm definitely looking at trying one of these in the next year.

How was the range of play? Was it like a public pick-up where you get a wide range of players on every team?

nickerjones

Jun 29, 2008
Calgary Alberta
I'm definitely looking at trying one of these in the next year.

How was the range of play? Was it like a public pick-up where you get a wide range of players on every team?

Well to be on the up and up, I am working for the tournaments. It's like pick-up where every team has really good players , mid level players, and beginner players. I will let the other guy speak to what he thought the level was.

Sitka

Nov 29, 2010
I love 'em.

Leave the wife at home, drink beer all weekend with buddies.

We've got one coming up in Dubai next weekend.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Update: playing in my first C-/D level tourney this weekend. Our team is a bunch of D level misfits. Nobody has played with each other before. A lot of guys in their 1st year, including me.

We had 2 games today. The first game we lost 6-2. They were a better team but only because they play together often. Also, our lines were a mess, under 10 shots total, and our D was weak. Also lost a D man to puck on wrist.

Second game was much better. Down 2 guys, but good passing and hustle. The D stepped it up and our goalie was solid. We still lost 5-1 but to a much better skilled team.

This second game was my first experience with any real chippy hockey. I only play pickup which is 99% friendly. The other team were big boys. They started it with a leg to leg hit. Also sending another guy yard sailing with a cross check from behind. Both non calls. We chatted up the ref and he kust looked at us like we had three heads. Figuring we were out skilled and outsized and down 3-0 early I started to give a bunch of unsuspecting shoulders and shoves from behind along the boards and mid ice buzzes. No calls on me either. At 5'9 185 im no beast nor do I go looking for fights but I refuse to be pushed around. After going down 4-0 I also decided to test the opposing goalies focus by tucking the puck into the net after a whistle. He was pissed obviously. We then scored next shift with 2 mins remaining in 2nd.

While it was fun to play "physical" and try to gain an "edge" it became quite obvious to me that good clean hockey is the way to go. Other than that, and getting called for bogus offsides twice, it was a wicked fun day.

3rd and final game tomorrow. Pride on the line.

Last edited:

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
We won our 3rd and final game this morning. What a difference a day makes!! Full squad, started to jive and everyone trying to win. Back and forth game. High drama. Clean play. I had 2 assists and the go ahead goal. Ice Hawks win 6-4. That was fun!!!! Sadly no playoffs.

This weekend was an excellent gauge as to where I am with my hockey progression after one year. In D league I am in the upper tier of players. Mostly due to my skating and overall hustle. I need to be better along the boards and skating with the puck. I hope to progress into a solid C level player over the next few years!

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am bumping this thread in search of recommendations for tournaments in Las Vegas. I know that there are a bunch of companies that put them together but I don't know much beyond that. FWIW we are primarily a bunch of guys in our 30s who played high school and/or junior B hockey together back in the day. I have no clue what level that puts us at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad