GDT: ADSF Game 2: McCartney Edition: Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings, 20 April 3PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wow after watching the games yesterday, all I can say is: SHOOT THE PUCK FROM ANYWHERE

Tons and tons of high soft shots beating screened goalies yesterday. Get a few knucklers at Howard, and start looking for rebounds. The rest will come. Also drive the net constantly.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Ditto situation here, although the eldest DD did ask me to make gravy, meatballs and lasagna - I have a feeling her alterior motive is to have a stash of food to take back to her freezer (especially now that she's figured out how to make macaroni in the microwave) at school because there's no way the 4 of us will finish that off.

C'mon boys, hope you've kicked that flu to the curb and come out ready and able to take this one. Get it done!

My girls did not come home for Easter.

Oldest came home last weekend (and UNH is apparently dead this weekend).
Youngest is volunteering at the Marathon tomorrow and has finals. She will be home within a couple of weeks.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Our Easter dinner will probably be sandwiches.

Thankfully the kids are teenagers so no Easter eggs to hide and we have no family in the area so we never do the big Easter dinner.

Today is going to be hockey day and luckily nobody is going to whine.

Ours is low-key too. Hubby's making Italian Easter pie. Dog gets a new bunny toy. And hockey. :yo:

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think the Bruins come out swinging hard and for the fences today.. the only thing I'm worried about is a couple quick, flukey goals from Detroit to take the wind out of the sails.

Regardless, need to start burying those open net chances. I know every team does it but damn... it feels like Boston shoots it wide or flubs it off the post more than any other team when the goalie is out of position.

I feel a big game from Carl "The Yeti" Soderberg and Milan "The Nutcracker" Lucic today.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the Bruins come out swinging hard and for the fences today.. the only thing I'm worried about is a couple quick, flukey goals from Detroit to take the wind out of the sails.

Regardless, need to start burying those open net chances. I know every team does it but damn... it feels like Boston shoots it wide or flubs it off the post more than any other team when the goalie is out of position.

I feel a big game from Carl "The Yeti" Soderberg and Milan "The Nutcracker" Lucic today.

I hope you're right because right now all I'm seeing is 2012 round one bore fest and eventual game 7 loss.

I think the Wings watched tape and are emulating that formula. Probably smart-Bruins need to channel their inner Hartnell's and crash the net and shoot at every opportunity.

Chara needs to keep hitting Datsyuk.
Who was it that hit Nyquist super hard? Need more of that.

If the Wings touch the puck-make them pay.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope you're right because right now all I'm seeing is 2012 round one bore fest and eventual game 7 loss.

I think the Wings watched tape and are emulating that formula. Probably smart-Bruins need to channel their inner Hartnell's and crash the net and shoot at every opportunity.

Chara needs to keep hitting Datsyuk.
Who was it that hit Nyquist super hard? Need more of that.

If the Wings touch the puck-make them pay.

It was only 1 game TC, I`m not ready to proclaim this to be a repeat of round one in 2012

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I have a feeling Brad "Marchy" Marchand will score today.

I don't care who gets the goals as long as they are wearing black and gold.

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think they're going to come out furious. They played like **** and probably saw that 500 times on tape. Still, it's encouraging that we lost by one late after playing that bad. If Rask and our D (-2) plays like that for the rest of the series, we're in real good shape. The Wings were disciplined, but we're getting under their skin. It'll boil over.

5-2 Bruins, Lucic 2 goals. That'll get them mad. ;) As close to a must win game as there is, and they know that.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
It was only 1 game TC, I`m not ready to proclaim this to be a repeat of round one in 2012

I keep trying to tell myself that.

Right now it isnt working.

Hopefully game 2 will be better and the team that scored a lot of goals in the regular season will find a way to score more than 0-can't win a game if you can't score goals.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Boston came out strong to start game 1, so I imagine today will be twice as intense of a start. They need to develop some hatred otherwise Detroit will lull them to submission

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Youngest is volunteering at the Marathon tomorrow and has finals. She will be home within a couple of weeks.

Yah, mine's only home for less than 24 hours. Had a double header yesterday so we didn't even get here until after 8pm, then has to be back by 6pm tonight for practice. She originally wasn't going to bother coming home. But by Thursday I knew she needed to be here, her dog that she has had since she was a year old is on her way out. If she doesn't go on her own by tomorrow we're bringing her in. It's kind of a bittersweet weekend for DD, but at least she got to spend one last night with her best friend sleeping next to her and to say good bye. That dog sat at her bedroom door and cried for her for weeks after she left for school,between her hockey schedule and then her softball schedule she's only made it home for 5 days total since August. I'm convinced she was just waiting for her to come home.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
According to the scriptures today is the day that the crucified one is risen. Which means Loui Eriksson will be today's first star after a dominating game.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
According to the scriptures today is the day that the crucified one is risen. Which means Loui Eriksson will be today's first star after a dominating game.

I thought it all meant that the Yeti was having a 4 point game?

Either way I guess

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Many moons ago I offered up the trade proposal of Thornton for Datsyuk straight up. Many here laughed at me for it. So because I like to say I told you so....Happy Easter.

Bruins win 4-1

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Detroit is disciplined, they tend to ignore the rough stuff and focus on the game plan. Datsyuk is like a Russian Cyborg, he just keeps digging, unfazed by the physical play & trash talk going on around him.

Bruins need to play tough. And by "tough" I mean win board battles and get traffic in front of the net. Check hard at every opportunity, wear these young Wings dmen down.

member 96824

Must be a pretty emotional day for Patrice all things considered

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

My daughter didn't come home either. She lives in Calif and comes home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since we lost my Mom she has been coming home for Mother's day.

She hopes to go to a B's playoff game while she is home in May :crossfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad