ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings (Series 3-2 DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Anyone know the lines for Tampa?

Just a rough guess (assuming all are healthy, injured players are in red)

Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Drouin - Filppula - Paquette
Morrow - Boyle - Namestnikov

Hedman - Stralman
Coburn - Garrison
Carle - Witkowski

Bishop
Vasurhf83hf839fj39ski

I think that's a formidable lineup when healthy, although I would personally like to see Killorn on 3rd line and Drouin on 1st line. Flip and Drouin are both very much pass-first players and Killer is best when he is shooting a lot. But this has been discussed a lot all season and Killer also seems to play well with Stamkos so...

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I don't believe momentum really carries over into the playoffs from the regular season. I know I'm biased, but I wouldn't be surprised if the break, especially for their older players, will rejuvenate them heading into the first round. Obviously, their goaltending is a question mark as well.

Mysterio

Jan 29, 2012
Calgary, AB
Just a rough guess (assuming all are healthy, injured players are in red)

Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Drouin - Filppula - Paquette
Morrow - Boyle - Namestnikov

Hedman - Stralman
Coburn - Garrison
Carle - Witkowski

Bishop
Vasurhf83hf839fj39ski

I think that's a formidable lineup when healthy, although I would personally like to see Killorn on 3rd line and Drouin on 1st line. Flip and Drouin are both very much pass-first players and Killer is best when he is shooting a lot. But this has been discussed a lot all season and Killer also seems to play well with Stamkos so...

So drouin will start on the top line?

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
So drouin will start on the top line?

Doubtful. Killer and Coburn should be back for the first game of the series. And even while he's been out others have been playing on the top line. It's a John Cooper thing, high talent rookies have to learn the grinder roles first (example: Kucherov last season).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
this will be long sue me

tampa in six this is my most dreaded moment in sports history only two teams cared about in 35 and 22 years respectively lol this is hell detroit all year was one team didnt want to face that is till this last month and a wth has happened with goaltending and overall play

Tampa is a good team, but they are unbalanced. The Wings can take this series IF the right Wings team shows up.

If last month's Wings team shows up, it's a four or five game series loss. If the team that showed up in the first 90% of the season, Wings win this series.

These teams are very similar. Good forward corps, weak defense, questionable goaltending. Detroit's defense will be better if Marchenko stays in instead of Smith, and Detroit has better team defense. Tampa scores a lot, but if Howard or Mrazek play well I don't think Tampa has an answer if their offense gets stifled.

EDIT: And the whole "Wings have playoff experience" narrative is outdated. Aside from Babcock, Kronwall, Datsyuk and Zetterberg, there aren't many other guys who have played in the playoffs a lot. If they have, they haven't excelled in the games.

i probably follow these two teams more then anyone on these boards see more games etc.. note you really have no clue on tampa that is obvious with this to be fair nonsense.

first paragraph yes wings can take series if right wings team can show up as you see on board even die hard wing fans seriously question this happening as do I.

third paragraph bishop has been amazing pretty much since all star break and tampa has shown can win 2-1 as easily as 5-2 games. Tampa's d is actually better if fully healthy by my eye test all year. mrazek is playing goalie better but ive said if tampa plays their game is not a goalie who can shut down for 7 games in hockey its that potent 5 on 5.

last statement detroit only has kron d and z in playoffs you have shorterm memory block on chicago series 2 years ago? umm anyway this boils down to detroit is not playing up to what they could if they wake up they can win the cup i think tampa does win the cup but detroit scares me over every other team.

should be fun whoever wins will be hoping for lord stanley after

p.s. i used to frequent both boards daily but too much jaded ness by detroit fans keep me off that board we were a point from beating chicago and winning cup have a team if puts run together could def win cup still so having daily just how bad this team is 24 playoffs in row is crazy to me so just stopped debating or viewing so much too much negative both teams are gonna have multiple shots at cups moving forward and ofor my money are the two teams set up for the future of the nhl

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I think you're the first Wings fan I've ever seen that even mildly dislikes Yzerman. Curious.

What he did for Detroit was incredible and pretty much defined my childhood but it's completely irrelevant now and he manages a team in the same division. Maybe despise was the wrong word but not sure how any Detroit fan should actively pull for him in any way.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
What he did for Detroit was incredible and pretty much defined my childhood but it's completely irrelevant now and he manages a team in the same division. Maybe despise was the wrong word but not sure how any Detroit fan should actively pull for him in any way.

That I can understand.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Not that it would make much of a difference, but who would Lightning fans rather face in goal for Detroit? Howard or Mrazek?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not that it would make much of a difference, but who would Lightning fans rather face in goal for Detroit? Howard or Mrazek?
Honestly I don't care. I don't think either are capable of stealing a series, and you're going to need that type of performance for it to matter.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Despise was definitely the wrong word....:laugh:

I pull for Yzerman when he isn't playing Detroit because of the first part of your post. It is hard not to root for the Captain to do well, it just won't apply for the next couple weeks, as it doesn't apply in terms of rooting for the Detroit guys to beat Team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad