ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings (Series 3-2 DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Depends on who starts for Detroit, and who is in the lineup, the Wings could make a fight out of it.

Hoping Detroit in 6 or 7.

Head says Tampa in 6 or 7.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
With a healthy defense, Tampa wins it. I said Tampa in 6. Can't discount the Wings winning culture. They'll show some heart, for sure.

Last edited:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I believe the most interesting storyline to this series will be a potential rivalry between the young players of both teams. Given that they are well versed in playing each other because of the series Syracuse eliminated the Griffins when they won the AHL title and the next year when the Griffins players eliminated the Syracuse team en route to there title.

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
I'm going out on a limb saying it'll be 4-0 Tampa Bay.

Never thought I'd say that against the Red Wings. But I'm no psychic pretender can easily go either way. Just the way Tampa has performed on home ice this season is a tall task for any team.

Mysterio

Jan 29, 2012
Calgary, AB
Tampa will take it in 5. Datsyuk & Z don't have the audacity that they had a couple years ago to win. Tampa has a good squad this year. Stamkos, Johnson, palat, Kucherov, Hedman, the list goes on, the Bolts have too much for the Wings to handle. Bolts have Bishop back for this years playoffs so it should be better than last years result.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Healthy Bishop, Palat, Filppula, and Stamkos who were all banged up last year at this time makes me happy. All of Tampa's players except for Garrison should be good to go for game one. Coburn and Sustr should displace Witkowski and Barberio on D and Killorn and Drouin should be in over Brown and Marchessault.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Bolts in 5 or 6.

Detroit's defense just makes way too mistakes. Throw in their poor offense during even strength play, and you get a recipe for playoff fodder.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Tampa sweeps. The kids are hungry to show last season was a fluke.
It was. Bishop was injured, and the team was comprised almost entirely of inexperienced players. That's not so much the case this year. Definitely more experience around the board.

Guess nobody remembers in 2011 when Tampa went to the Conference Finals, was down 3-0 to Boston, and went all the way to a Game 7, where they lost by one goal. Tampa will not go down without a fight. And, hopefully, maybe they won't go down at all.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
are we calling this the yzerbowl or the yzerman cup?

interested to see how bishop does in the playoffs, but with tampa's offense it might not even matter.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Thursday, April 16 7:30 p.m. Detroit at Tampa Bay CNBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 18 3 p.m. Detroit at Tampa Bay NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 21 7 p.m. Tampa Bay at Detroit NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Thursday, April 23 7 p.m. Tampa Bay at Detroit NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Saturday, April 25 TBD Detroit at Tampa Bay TBD
*Monday, April 27 TBD Tampa Bay at Detroit TBD
*Wednesday, April 29 TBD Detroit at Tampa Bay TBD

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I believe the most interesting storyline to this series will be a potential rivalry between the young players of both teams. Given that they are well versed in playing each other because of the series Syracuse eliminated the Griffins when they won the AHL title and the next year when the Griffins players eliminated the Syracuse team en route to there title.

We weren't with Syracuse before the 2012-2013 season. We were with Norfolk and then switched after winning the 2012 Calder Cup. But yeah, there's still a lot of players on both teams that faced off against each other in the 2013 Calder Cup finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad