OT: Adios Amigos

BarbaraAlphanse

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop on here and say thanks to all the posters that have made my last 8 years (or so) on HFNYR memorable in some way or another.

Leaving the board for personal reasons (don't worry, nothing negative) that require my full time and attention. Spoke to Gardner McKay and he'll be kind enough to deactivate my account after tomorrow night. Thanks, fam.

Thanks for the memories. If anyone wants to stay in touch, i've asked for the account to remain active until 5/1 - so please feel free to PM me and we can swap emails.

Before I go, here are some tips for the new posters on here.

1) Don't make any bets with Ail. You will lose and your board name will become Barbara Alphanse.
2) Don't make your board name a conjunction from your two favorite shows (at the time). John C will find a not-so-subtle way to make you laugh at how stupid the name was to begin with. I.e. Rust Heisenberg. Thanks for showing me the light, John. :laugh:
3) Don't flame the mods. Some may eat their hair on video, but they're humans, too. And all are genuinely awesome.
4) Bern's ideas are a breath of fresh air. The board is meant to be fun. It wouldn't be if it was constantly cynical. Enjoy them.
5) Stats/Analytics are great. So is trusting your own opinion. My advice for the half decade long crusade, and the many more years to come of this: rely on both to make an informed opinion. Stats are a beautiful thing. Actually watching the game is the other half of the equation. You don't need to choose one or the other - they're meant to be paired. My guess is that corsi-corsi-corsi still dominates conversations, though. Thoughts and prayers out to everyone bold enough to try and talk about the value of analytics vs. eye test. May the odds ever be in your favor.
6) The OT thread is a great place to read some of the most entertaining and bizarre conversations on here. Also a great way to community build. Try it out... even if for most of the time you're just talking to yourself. :rant:
7) Enjoy everyone's opinion. Even if you end up getting into rant arguments with the person. There is always a varying view point, but one day, who knows... maybe you wake up and decide you don't support batman anymore but support the joker? Point being, don't discount something just because it doesn't agree with you.

Honorable mention - thanks BRB for the board battles we've had throughout existence. The board wouldn't have been as fun not for those epic rants. Not saying this with any sarcastic implications.

edit: also another honorable mention - BBKers, hope the lung operation goes well, buddy. Pulling for you.

Adios, friends.

-Ken

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Life supersedes anything that goes on in a hockey message board. Sometimes there are critical points in life where your full attention is required, and distractions should be minimized. That said, you'll be back :laugh:

Going to PM you with email addresses and such.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
On point one, Your name will be BarbaraAlphanse69* but you will wuss out and only change it to BarbaraAlphanse.

*69 is a reference to 1969 when Krams' grandmother Barbara and grandfather Alphanse (Alpha) were married.

Edit: Oh yeah I guess I should say something nice like good luck, but you'll be back anyway. :P

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
raw

BarbaraAlphanse

Life supersedes anything that goes on in a hockey message board. Sometimes there are critical points in life where your full attention is required, and distractions should be minimized. That said, you'll be back :laugh:

Going to PM you with email addresses and such.

Awesome! I'll respond back to your PM in a sec. Gotta deal with these two down below.

On point one, Your name will be BarbaraAlphanse69* but you will wuss out and only change it to BarbaraAlphanse.

*69 is a reference to 1969 when Krams' grandmother Barbara and grandfather Alphanse (Alpha) were married.

Edit: Oh yeah I guess I should say something nice like good luck, but you'll be back anyway. :P

Ail, pls. Honest mistake. I barely even had access to my private messages at the time, lol.

Bye, Val Kilmer!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Best of luck in your endeavors dude....

My advice, don't delete your account, but pop back in here when we win the cup.

Hope to see you around this time next year. :yo: :handclap:

BarbaraAlphanse

It is against the rules to reference moderator action against your account. Mods pls infraction this scum in to oblivion. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

I meant... I had poor wifi and couldn't open. Technical difficulties. No shade at mods.

:D

BarbaraAlphanse

Best of luck in your endeavors dude....

My advice, don't delete your account, but pop back in here when we win the cup.

Hope to see you around this time next year. :yo: :handclap:

Thanks, Nev.

Don't think it is possible to fully delete - Gardner is deactivating.

Keep the board positive for the playoff runs. Remember:

53dd0a66677a6bba6010b92ee7a41e10.jpg

BarbaraAlphanse

Yeah, +1 for not deleting your account. You'll be back when the Rangers trade Nash.

It's impossible to delete, lol. I looked into it.

But, I shall not. You can rest easy that I'll be celebrating in the streets. Or in some pub.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
But, I shall not. You can rest easy that I'll be celebrating in the streets. Or in some pub.

Do me one favor.

If we do win the cup, I want to meet you at the bar where you had all the success at the past few seasons.

Drinks are on me. :yo:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Come on man, who am I going to disagree with now?

Best of luck and i do hope you pop in here from time to time. We butted heads alot but you are good dude.

And remember. ... 'aim for the bushes'

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3