News Article: Adidas wins NHL Jersey contract efffective2017 season

scryan

May 1, 2013
I'll never purchase a single piece of Kings gear that has an ad on it. Ever.

Most likely they strictly stay on the on ice product, but soccer jerseys have them everywhere, so you never know.

I'm glad it isn't Nike though. Everything they make is overrated, overpriced, and garish. Would have preferred UA though.

I've really liked Reebok's products though. Hope not much changes.

Ehhh the article is ****ing stupid. New contract means things will be looked at so change COULD happen. But here is what the article actually reports, with the writers opinion removed:
1.) Rebok owns current rights
2.) Addidas has owned Rebok since 2012
3.) The current jersey contract is up, and Adidas is looking to re-new under the Adidas brand rather then Rebok (as they are also doing withe Crosby's contract that is also up.
4.) Betman says he is in no rush to add sponsor logos, and would need to "be dragged kicking and screaming" into the deal.

From this data, the author got corporate logos on jerseys, because page views.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
You and anyone else that owns sports gear already does. You've just decided that the current level is acceptable in your eyes.

There is a big difference in the jersey makers name on it and a bunch of ads for Coke or McDonalds. What company is going to make any clothing without that company's logo?

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
Really wish the nhl would stick with a hockey company Bauer or CCM please. All the non hockey company jerseys are junk.

CCM started as a cycle manufacturer and is now I believe owned by Reebok, who is owned by Adidas.

Bauer I believe is owned by some larger corp. that also bought Easton.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
There is a big difference in the jersey makers name on it and a bunch of ads for Coke or McDonalds. What company is going to make any clothing without that company's logo?

Its a big difference because you've become so accustom to companies slapping their logo all over their products you don't see that for what it really is....advertising!

Captain Mittens*

Its a big difference because you've become so accustom to companies slapping their logo all over their products you don't see that for what it really is....advertising!

Every business puts it's name on it's product.

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
CCM started as a cycle manufacturer and is now I believe owned by Reebok, who is owned by Adidas.

Bauer I believe is owned by some larger corp. that also bought Easton.

I could of sworn that Bauer was bought by Nike, but apparently they were sold in '08.

In 1994, Canstar, the parent company of Bauer, became a wholly owned subsidiary of Nike.[3] In 2006, beginning with the release of the Nike Bauer Supreme One90, the company's products were rebranded as Nike Bauer. This was the first time Nike had ever used a partner brand name on a product. Nike sold the company to investors Roustan, Inc. and Kohlberg & Co., on February 21, 2008 and the company is once again known as Bauer.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauer_Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad