Adidas Jersey Thread PART II

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
How did those collars ever get approved?

Trying to be modern? No idea. They look awful.

The only ones that aren't a problem are on jersey designs that use the same colour collar as the shoulders so they sort of blend in.

1_1505927898.jpg

The Senators away jersey collar looks awful. Because it is red, it looks thicker than it is against the white. The home jersey that has the black collar isn't quite as bad but it still doesn't look good.

kyle-turris-with-young-senators-fan.JPG

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
meh. some collars aren't as bad as others. Flyers one is okay.

Nolan-Patrick-Flyers-2017-4.jpg

i don't think it's an Adidas issue anyway. the team decides what color the collar is.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Anytime a team went with the half collar coloring, or had the color of the NHL badge area different color from the collar or shoulders it's bad.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Oilers jerseys are amazing. Those road whites are so ****ing sharp.

Navy blue with the white looks great. I'm still adjusting to the navy blue and bright orange homes, though. Navy is supposed to go with copper as an Oiler fan.

Also, after looking at the other team's collars (especially Chicago), I think the Oilers got sparred. I personally think the Oilers' collars improved.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Navy blue with the white looks great. I'm still adjusting to the navy blue and bright orange homes, though. Navy is supposed to go with copper as an Oiler fan.

Also, after looking at the other team's collars (especially Chicago), I think the Oilers got sparred. I personally think the Oilers' collars improved.

It sucks that oilers went orange cuz our third next year is just gonna be a blue home. I want a new logo for a third again.

I love the oilers logo but give us some variety for thirds. Hire spawn guy again if that's the only way.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I'm not even a Blackhawks fan and this angers me. The collars are absolutely hideous.

851079746_slide.jpg

wow that is ridiculous and considering the Blackhawks have what I think is the best uniform in all sports it's sacrilegious.

Unbelievable, NHL teams are wearing 'Peter Pan collars', a very popular element in woman's fashion especially for little girls like the guy posted the cover of Madeline children's book.

NHL is such a clown show, I'm sure they do focus group research but it's obvious they don't understand who their fans actually are.

ef5ff840e9f93d7400f26084836e13c7--peter-pan-collar-blouse-peter-pan-collars.jpg

peter-pan-collar-bird-print-top.jpg

forever-21-pink-contrast-peter-pan-collar-blouse-product-1-21111146-0-534991389-normal.jpeg

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Like--
1) Wild
2) Panthers
3) Hurricanes
Honorable mention: Oilers, Blackhawks, Golden Knights, Flyers

Strongly Dislike-
1) Predators
2) Senators
3) Sharks
Dishonorable mention: Devils, Islanders, Stars, Bruins

The Pittsburgh collar is a disgusting embarrassment

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
How did those collars ever get approved?

It seems the more these jersey's change the worst they get. Just leave them alone. The old style still rules IMO. Everything was a simple design. Don't mess with Chicago's jersey. Bring back the old Jets jersey. Loved the silver Predators jersey. Who can hate the Gretzky style jersey in Edmonton. What happened to Dallas's star jersey Modano wore? Can the Kings wear anything but purple and gold? They shouldn't. Hey Jersey, loved the green and red. Loved Vancouvers' Bure jersey flying down the ice. Did I forget any? The original six just get it right.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Ignoring the awful jersey design, the quality of the Fanatics jerseys is god awful.
Link to large image

Here's a close up of the crest

$

Is this logo from an 180$ adidas adizero jersey? Or is it the fanatics branded cheaper version?

EDIT: Just clicked on the full size and got the answer.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I haven't really seen close ups of many except Sabres, Rangers and Devils jerseys but wow some of these are actually terrible and collars make them look like the most poorly designed sweaters in the history of the league, not due to colors or pattern but the actually template of construction.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It seems the more these jersey's change the worst they get. Just leave them alone. The old style still rules IMO. Everything was a simple design.

Like these simple designs rendered on to old CCM jerseys? Stupid jersey designs are not limited to the current era. Teams have made stupid design choices since the dawn of the NHL.

vancouver-canucks-linden-cloutier.jpg

jaamz

Jul 22, 2017
Has anyone seen the new Wild jersey in person yet?...what did you think of them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad