Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Going from this

CapsSens_02.jpg

to this

capitals-home-jersey-adidas.jpg

is a crime. The new Adidas Capitals jerseys are hideous.

From atrociously tacky to "meh". I'm not sure I'd call that a crime.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't understand these massive overreactions to the collars. Sure some of them look a bit off, but it doesn't really affect the overall look and you can barely notice them in game action :dunno:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't understand these massive overreactions to the collars. Sure some of them look a bit off, but it doesn't really affect the overall look and you can barely notice them in game action :dunno:

I think there's legitimate gripes with some of them. The Penguins one makes it look like they have a collared shirt on with the two colors. I'm not in love with the Rangers collars but it looks a lot better in person from the games I've been at.

I will say this is a lot better than the EDGE rollout ten years ago where entire designs were destroyed. The issue with the adidas mainly is the implementation of some teams collars but other than that the jerseys are fine.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

see the post just above yours. You don't notice the collar?

Your eyes go right to it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I'm not even a Blackhawks fan and this angers me. The collars are absolutely hideous.

851079746_slide.jpg

Hideous is about right.

I'm thinking of moving my seats from the lower bowl to the last row of the upper deck so I'll barely notice them.

Overreaction? I don't think so. :D

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Ignoring the awful jersey design, the quality of the Fanatics jerseys is god awful.

Here's a close up of the crest

GG that jersey (still!!) needs a complete redesign.

Adidas is just another lost opportunity for sens fans. And their jersey used to be very good.... (pre-RBKof course) :shakehead

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Adidas is just another lost opportunity for sens fans. And their jersey used to be very good.... (pre-RBKof course) :shakehead

Our hope is that we'll get a heritage themed jersey for our outdoor game and then as soon as we can switch over to some O themed jersey since all of the team's branding has been using the O logo.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The one thing the Avs have done right in a decade.

Too bad Ottawa and Calgary didn't do the same and go back to their previous, beautiful designs.

Oh and the collars are dog ****. Might wait a few years and see if they fix the collar before buying one, and hopefully by then the Canadian made ones will be available.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Ignore the jersey design for a second, just look at the quality of the logo put on the fanatics jersey for.....$150. $150 for that.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I posted this in another thread but for us bigger guys, be warned that it's pretty slim fit.

I like my jerseys baggy and when I went for a 56 sized jersey, it was like I was wearing two sizes too small. Which is a letdown. I could try moving up , and I have faint hope that the Fanatics might fit better.

Also, the numbers were of twill (the cheaper version). That was a let down.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
yeah... just squint your eyes and back away from your monitor bit and imagine an opposing player skating past the blackhawk player... there's your game action pic.

Is it that difficult to see?

... the collars are ugly. There is no debate. Are you actually comparing still photographs to someone saying they don't look as noticeable in game action, as in when you're watching the game in motion?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I don't see the major difference in the Caps jerseys...
The blue lines going across the collar bone area is new but otherwise they seem the same or very similar. I never thought the Caps had amazing jerseys but thought they were a little different and decent. I love the throwback 3rds but they shouldn't be full time jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad