Game Analysis: ADF SERIES DISCUSSION: Ottawa vs Rangers (OTT wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

They replayed it many times. To even remotely blame him for this loss is everything that is wrong with some fans of this team.

We all watched the same game, without him it's a complete and utter blow out, and they score the game winner on a complete fluke goal.

Yeah he played a great game. Accept for that 2-1 goal. Which was bad, even if deflected.
And we lost.
Look at the goal as an isolated incident, you say it wasn't bad? Come on

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, we'll do whatever the **** you want about post-game talk threads. Just stop talking about it in posts.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I cannot stand this thing of completely absolving the goalie every time a puck deflects.

The puck deflected. So what? He should have been up tall on the post and then it would not have made any difference whether or not it deflected there would have been no place for it to get by him.

1. Henrik made about 8 or 9 other-worldly saves. If Henrik plays amazing, this game is 5-1 Sens. He played Hasek-level tonight.

2. In modern goaltending, goals like that are pretty much unstoppable. In the sense - a goalie takes his position (inverted v against the post), and doesn't really move. He's taking up the largest quantity of the net. It's purely a probability thing at that point. 1 out of 300 of those shots goes in. Henrik was in the right position, the puck found it's way in. Nothing he could have done.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hockey is played on ice, not a spread sheet.

It was a high volume shot game. Anderson faced 8 less shots. You don't need to act like we got killed, and somehow the game is only to blame on the players with bad corsi.

I don't care what you or anyone else says. You give up a goal from behind the goal line with three minutes left, there is no way you are winning. Doesn't mean Hank was bad, but that goal was brutal, can not be given up. Thats the game loser.

The game loser was the guy who started that whole shift by giving the puck away and then getting beat to a loose puck to allow the shift to continue.

Hint: wears the #5 jersey.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hayes and Grabner need to be scratches for 1 game... one looks like his family is being held hostage by the betting mafia who put a million on the Sens, the other guy doesnt even hit the net on a clean and uncontested breakaway... wtf?

Come on seriously? His speed almost burnt the sens and he drew a penalty (I believe he did) and also should have drawn a second which wasn't called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad