Game Analysis: ADF SERIES DISCUSSION: Ottawa vs Rangers (OTT wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Another anemic offensive performance from the top 9. Pathetic. Hank lost us the game. You can't give up a goal from behind the goal line with a few minutes left, and expect to win. Yeah, he played well, but so did Anderson. Anderson didn't give up a brutal goal at the end of the game. Too many penalties. These players are so undisciplined.

It deflected. That shot doesn't go in 999 times out of 1000

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Off topic.....This is the WORST system we have when the game ends and then have to stare down that same 1st page of game 1 vs Montreal....And then have Tonto to the last page. It stinks, sometimes very confusing (depending on how much I drank) can we FIX this crap please?

Worse than Staal playing on the PK and worse than Stepan playing on PP.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Another anemic offensive performance from the top 9. Pathetic. Hank lost us the game. You can't give up a goal from behind the goal line with a few minutes left, and expect to win. Yeah, he played well, but so did Anderson. Anderson didn't give up a brutal goal at the end of the game. Too many penalties. These players are so undisciplined.

It's actually impressive how you manage to blame Hank and the top 9 in a game where two defensemen played like ECHL players and another played a game that would make ECHL guys wet themselves laughing.

We took 35 shots. Hank saved 41.

Instead of the offense and the goaltending let's talk about the defense that gave up 43.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
How was that not an icing call?
Just insane that nobody went nuts about it. Becomes totally decisive. Very frustrating.
Freak deflection off Stepan on that lucky goal against. Hank went down too early. He was great otherwise.
Some of the forwards need to play better. Ottawa looked very meh. We need tipo raise the intensity.mstill very doable. Get the matine game

I thought it was an extremely obvious icing but maybe Pageau touched it on the boards on the nearside?

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Fluke goal
Grabner too many chances without scoring
Officials a total joke with what they did call and what they didn't (grabner trip on the blue line?)
Girardi an abomination
Henrik unbelievable other than the horrible last goal he allowed by not being on the post.

How on earth was Girardi an abomination?!?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It deflected. That shot doesn't go in 999 times out of 1000

I cannot stand this thing of completely absolving the goalie every time a puck deflects.

The puck deflected. So what? He should have been up tall on the post and then it would not have made any difference whether or not it deflected there would have been no place for it to get by him.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I didn't see a deflection. Anyone got video of it?

They replayed it many times. To even remotely blame him for this loss is everything that is wrong with some fans of this team.

We all watched the same game, without him it's a complete and utter blow out, and they score the game winner on a complete fluke goal.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Kreider and Hayes ****ing suck. Miller too. Absolutely ****ing pathetic.

Nash and Vesey decided to disappear as well.

See you next year with this pathetic effort. Feel so incredibly bad for Henrik.

I thought Nash was fine. Good effort from him. I agree with you on the first three. I want Hayes off this team asap, I don't care that he can be dynamic in the offensive zone, his pitiful backchecking and defensive coverage and his inability to sustain offensive pressure at this stage is infuriating. He should not be one of the new faces of the team going forward.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Only game 1. More to go. I mean this team ain't going past the 3rd round regardless who wins but yeah only game 1.

We're lucky we didn't have to play the caps in round 1. We'd be doing something else right now.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Off topic.....This is the WORST system we have when the game ends and then have to stare down that same 1st page of game 1 vs Montreal....And then have Tonto to the last page. It stinks, sometimes very confusing (depending on how much I drank) can we FIX this crap please?

Worse than Staal playing on the PK and worse than Stepan playing on PP.

OK, next time, PM a moderator. The rules clearly state that moderator actions cannot be discussed in public posts.

Secondly, we did an informal poll about this and the result is what you see.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
How on earth was Girardi an abomination?!?

Uh they got outshot by like 20 with him on the ice and he spent 1/3 of the game in the offensive zone thinking he was a forward. He made one nice pass to set up Grabner.

C-dtY-BXcAEki0u.jpg:large

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Hayes and Grabner need to be scratches for 1 game... one looks like his family is being held hostage by the betting mafia who put a million on the Sens, the other guy doesnt even hit the net on a clean and uncontested breakaway... wtf?

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
You can't have 2 breakaways and not score. You deserve to lose from that.

After all these years i thought i was done watching trap hockey. OTT is going nowhere with this system. They could be a dynamic team but choose to play god awful hockey.
Rangers need to stop beating themselves. Also Girardi has no footspeed.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Why are people saying it was effort? I didn't see a lack of effort but rather them fighting the puck all night.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's actually impressive how you manage to blame Hank and the top 9 in a game where two defensemen played like ECHL players and another played a game that would make ECHL guys wet themselves laughing.

We took 35 shots. Hank saved 41.

Instead of the offense and the goaltending let's talk about the defense that gave up 43.

Hockey is played on ice, not a spread sheet.

It was a high volume shot game. Anderson faced 8 less shots. You don't need to act like we got killed, and somehow the game is only to blame on the players with bad corsi.

I don't care what you or anyone else says. You give up a goal from behind the goal line with three minutes left, there is no way you are winning. Doesn't mean Hank was bad, but that goal was brutal, can not be given up. Thats the game loser.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Putrid effort honestly. Sloppy, no structure at all.

43 shots? Kidding right?

And of course the ref makes a soft call on Skjei and the Sens score on the pp. the. Grabner gets tripped in open ice blatant and the ref lets it go. Horrible.

Nash needs to clear that puck on the GWG. You can't fail there.

We hit like 4 posts and then the Sens get the flimsiest gwg of all time. I mean smart play by Karlsson to put it on net, but it hit Stepan and goes off Hank and in. That wouldn't happen more than 1 out of 500 times. Unreal.

Why does it seem the rangers will just let the other team dictate the pace and play the other team's game? Did it vs Montreal and were able to squeak by because of Hank they're doing it again.

What made them good in 2014 and 2015 was them using their speed and making the other team play their game.

They better be a lot better on Saturday. Seriously, can't go home down 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad