Game Analysis: ADF SERIES DISCUSSION: Ottawa vs Rangers (OTT wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Arniel was at the bos/Ottawa game today.

Don't take dumb penalties. Don't fall behind. Puck possession. The only way to defend karlson is to not let him have the puck.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Oh, and I will be absolutely shocked if the Rangers win this series.

Ottawa is a disgusting team, playing a disgusting style for a disgusting coach.

By the third game, y'all are going to be throwing things.

If the Rangers do lose, I hope Ottawa plays Nashville for the Cup.

Maybe it would get a 0.007 rating as insomniacs use it to go to sleep.

The crap trap is back. That's why Corsi doesn't matter this year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Their forward group is much better than montreals. Their d isn't and obviously although Anderson is good he's not price. Only forwards that scared me were galchenyuk and radulov and Julien totally neutered AG the way he played him for most of series.
Ottawa has brassard, hoffman, stone and turris . You can even count karlsson As a threat lol.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Oh, and I will be absolutely shocked if the Rangers win this series.

Ottawa is a disgusting team, playing a disgusting style for a disgusting coach.

By the third game, y'all are going to be throwing things.

If the Rangers do lose, I hope Ottawa plays Nashville for the Cup.

Maybe it would get a 0.007 rating as insomniacs use it to go to sleep.

The crap trap is back. That's why Corsi doesn't matter this year.

Huh?

If anything, I'd be shocked if the Rangers didn't win this series. As for the trap, Rangers just have to score first and maintain the lead as much as possible throughout this series.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Both team's bluelines are going to die from all the talented forwards in this series.

Though I think the Rongos have better depth at forward.

Still...RIP

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
considerably worse team then Montreal at every position

surprisingly I'm pretty confident

That's so false. Turris and Brassard are both better than any centers the Habs have. Pageau is really really good too.

Karlsson >>>>> Weber

Phaneuf, Ceci and Methot are better than Petry, Markov and Beaulieu.

Hoffman and Ryan pretty even to Patches and Rado, but Ryan has been one of the best scorers this postseason while Patch went missing. Stone and Smith > Gallagher and Their 4th best winger I guess Shaw

Price is obviously better than Anderson but he's definitely capable of stealing games.

Sens > Habs all day

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Whether it was Boston or Ottawa, it didn't matter to me who we played as both teams were simply not as good as us in any way shape or form

Now that it's Ottawa, here are a couple of items I'm thinking about as we head into the series with them:

1. Craig Anderson is typically an absolute WALL when he plays us especially at MSG. I don't recall in the past 3-4 years if we've ever scored more than 3 goals on him in a game but if we have, it hasn't been many.

2. We are likely looking at alot of 1-0,2-1,3-2 type of games, similar to the Habs series.

3. We just sent Jesus Price to the golf links and despite how good Anderson plays vs us, he's still beatable as we proved in the 2013 playoffs when we beat him 4 times despite him playing very well. We've won some regular season affairs with Anderson in net, so he can play good and we'll still win.

4. If Hank plays like he has been, we'll be fine.

5. We need guys like JT, Hayes, Stepan, Kreider, all 4 who finally showed a pulse in Game 6, to step up and join Nash, Zucc,Vesey, Fast and give us consistant performances. Even still tho Ottawa has some nice fwds, our fwd group is better with much more depth

6. My mancrush on Brendan Smith has grown out of control. We have to re sign him Jeff...I know you read our board...lol

7. This won't be an easy series whatsoever. None are. But beating the Habs showed the kind of fortitude resiliance and skill we have. It also showed we can score some of those "greasy" goals that you need to get in the playoffs.

8. I'm thinking we should win this in 6 but it wouldn't totally shock me if we won the first two up in Ottawa, that we couldn't put this away in 5. I know that's not the Ranger way but now that it looks like we've figured out how to win important games again at MSG, considering how great we are on the road, maybe just maybe we can make this a hard fought but possibly short series.

Let's do this boys!

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Huh?

If anything, I'd be shocked if the Rangers didn't win this series. As for the trap, Rangers just have to score first and maintain the lead as much as possible throughout this series.

Did you watch any of the games when the Rangers played Ottawa this season?

Every game (except the meaningless last one), everyone here was saying how much better the Rangers were. What happened? Ottawa killed the game.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Did you watch any of the games when the Rangers played Ottawa this season?

Every game (except the meaningless last one), everyone here was saying how much better the Rangers were. What happened? Ottawa killed the game.

Wasn't there a game back in November where we absolutely dominated but lost 2-0 or something?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
8f316a00600589c48cbc9633e68d8fdc.jpg

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
OTT doesn't have anyone close to the player of Radulov in playoff form. I was legitimately scared of him every time he was on the ice. Stepan will take care of Brass. McD will take Ryan and Skjei will get the scraps our 4th line will tire out a tired Karlsson. Also OTT doesn't crash the net as hard as MTL did.

Oh and also they don't have Petry.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
OTT doesn't have anyone close to the player of Radulov in playoff form. I was legitimately scared of him every time he was on the ice. Stepan will take care of Brass. McD will take Ryan and Skjei will get the scraps our 4th line will tire out a tired Karlsson. Also OTT doesn't crash the net as hard as MTL did.

What?

Brassgod and Bobby Ryan performed very well for them in the 1st round.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Brassard is playoff god and ex-Ranger
Karlsson is the best player in the league
Clarke MacArthur is gonna have some magic going on

Besides that, there's nothing scary about this team. I'm confident.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Ottawa is not as deep as we are but does have more weapons than Mtl. Karlsson, Turris, Brass, Stone and Ryan (although he has been lucky) are dangerous. Our 3rd and 4th lines will be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad