Player Discussion Addressing the goaltending

Should Holland address the goaltending with a goalie under contract or a UFA to be?

• Total voters

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I never understand this 2 week issue we would have. So it is better to ride out worse goaltending all year than to maybe get a better goalie and have to wait 2 weeks for him to arrive? While the goalies that are already playing, play another few starts? For the long term, who cares about 2 weeks if you can make a good trade.
Especially if we could somehow get
Gibson.

He would be signed here for the next 7 years, we can probably hold out another two weeks without him.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Manson's career has followed a similar arc to Larsson lately, and my impression is that he's even worse in terms of puck decisions. I don't see the point of that part of the swap, for either team.

1st+Broberg+Holloway is a monster haul for Gibson. But let's be honest. If you heard that you were getting Gibson for 1st+Broberg+Holloway+Koskinen, you'd still be pretty happy. John Gibson makes the Oilers a cup contender, he's that good.

I would not be happy at all . Broberg and Holloway fill 2 holes . I don't mind giving a few 1st and a 2nd or 2

Reactions: CycloneSweep

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I don't think a single goalie in the league is worth that. Heck maybe if we throw Neal in and they send back a prospect? Maybe. But straight across fugg that

I am fully in support of moving the first rounder in 2021 for a goalie. Maybe with a secondary prospect and or a depth defenseman. But that is far as it goes.

Surely Holland can get a decent goalie upgrade for a first rounder.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Maybe we need to use other assets to move up and draft Jesper Wallstedt . Not that he would help for a few years .

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021
I think we should go after Chris Driedger. Florida has Bob signed forever, and they have a couple of kids in waiting.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think we should go after Chris Driedger. Florida has Bob signed forever, and they have a couple of kids in waiting.
I have no idea what they are going to do there. Maybe they try move Devi or Knight at some point, but I really don't think they can move Driedger right now.

Bob's doing his usual you don't know what you are going to get on any given night again. I mean not surprising he did the exact same thing in CBJ so why they'd pay him what's getting I'll never understand.

Reactions: WIOiler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad