Adding a midfielder type position in the NHL?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
They should have a point guard.

You know a player who brings the puck up the ice.

And NHL should i pose half court (ice) defence only..

Put a 3 point line as well.

Every penalty or foul, two shots

:)

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Well hockey used to be played 7 aside

Left Wing - Center - Right Wing
Rover
Cover Point
Point
Goaltender​

The average player is about 6 inches taller at least and 50lbs heavier, so space would be even more cramped.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I think changes are inevitable in hockey. I was thinking about NHL coming up with an idea to have a midfielder type position while keeping the same number of players on the ice.

So it would be:
2 forwards, 1 midfielder, 2 defenceman.

Would that work? A bit similar to soccer. I'm not sure how this will affect the gameplay in general, but it would be cool to see it in a game or two for testing. Preseason maybe?

You mean a rover?

Yea, hockey already did it.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Feel like the neutral zone would get too clogged up, even more clogged up than it already is by some teams now

they forgot to tell you the change in the hockey rink:

545px-Footygroundfix.svg.png

But to keep improving the play, the AHL is testing out this one:

8201974_f520.jpg

Last edited:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Turn goals backwards and award 5 goals for one netted shot, 1/2 goals for hit to a net (the back of a goal) of the opponents net from your own D-zone, +1G if a goal scored is deflected from plex, and +10G if goal scoring player have already an assist and fight in that match, and add 5 players to each sides (from local boxing hall), and remove goalies sticks. Goals should be bolted to the ice to ensure they won't move anywhere. Only one referee without skates. Puck should be twice of it's current size and moulded from depleted uranium.

and last but not least, clear Center spot should be substituted with spiky and barbwire concrete roadblock.

:popcorn: / :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad